[11x03] July 6th, 2008

[11x03] July 6th, 2008

• Total voters
Bentley - great piece with awesome photography. I'd love a screencap of the sky just after the "lonely at the top" line - the colours and the cloud formations make it ripe for use as a screen saver. Car is a real handsome brute to boot and I might buy one in 20 years when a) I am old enough to drive such a car and b) when they have depreciated enough if c) petrol still exists and can be bought without remortgaging one's children.

News was pretty good. James seems to get more lines when his hair is shorter, and good to see he has had a haircut.

Alfa challenge - classic cheap car segment, and BIG KUDOS to May for dumping Hammond for continually thrutching him up the boot. He'd probably have won were it not for the damage and the cheese (which I thought was a bit sad and gratuitous)

SIARPC - bit disappointed that Brydon didn't do better, but notbad as a whole.

On the whole much better compared to the first two in the series. A solid 8 if not nearly a 9.

Looking forward to next week.

PS Several serious hotties to add to the thread. I won't describe any here but will await other people's opinions..

PS Several serious hotties to add to the thread. I won't describe any here but will await other people's opinions..

And some scaries too! see the two in red at the start.

Good, but not as good as the last.

Good, but not as good as the last.

Excellent, finally the studio bits did not seem forced. The alfa thing seemed to go on a bit, but other than that it was excellent. Even the SIARPC wasn't bad.

8/10

Poll added. Vote away.

Is there anything better than getting out of the shower and having your RSS already have the episode at 50%? Just a few more minutes!!!! Can't wait.

W00! First vote! :D

the brooklands bit was brill - I almost wish he was abit more nerdy with the information and the details of it

stars - so so - it all seems abit i dunno "commercial" still, guess its needed - the power laps are great though think we all would love to do one :)

the Alfa challenge - really good was nice to see that style of challenge again - I really started to feel for James at the end though, would drive me up the wall being hit like that all the time.

9 from me :)

Pretending that Clarkson rolled his Alfa (or put it on its side) was unecessary I thought.

It was pretty good though.

Who said it wasn't real? That dent in the door looked pretty convincing to me. :)

I don't know, for me the cheap alfa challenge just didn't have the magic of previous cheap car challenges. However the brooklands and the news where enjoyable. SIARPC really should go now and be replaced by (as many have said) James talking about a potential future classic.

And some scaries too! see the two in red at the start.

Dunno, one of them wasn't too bad, and if you like the trollope look......

Lass behind Hammond right at the end looked quite interesting, but I'd need to see a still to be sure. Oriental looking lass in shorts early on was quite intriguing too.

No obvious hottie placing behind Jezza this week - has Wilman been following our threads again? Actually I think that's a myth - having been to a recording those who appear on screen are those who jostle for such a position. Mrs Hersworksfinetoo and I ended up on screen by accident as they switched from one side of the hangar (where we were at the back) to the other without giving anyone the opportunity to move, hence the reason we ended up on TV to the delight of our kids.

Who said it wasn't real? That dent in the door looked pretty convincing to me. :)

It didn't even look like the same track, or at least the same bit of the track they were using. Also, if he really rolled it at a track day, the marshalls wouldn't just allow his mates to borrow a towing vehicle to "unroll" it. And what happened to the internal camera when it was supposedly rolled? If he rolled it while Hammond and May were in the pits, where was the footage of them getting the news over the radio and going out there? It just breaks the suspension of disbelief when they show something that obvious.

I don't know, for me the cheap alfa challenge just didn't have the magic of previous cheap car challenges. However the brooklands and the news where enjoyable. SIARPC really should go now and be replaced by (as many have said) James talking about a potential future classic.

I'm still hoping that the guests improve, and I think that James talking about a future classic every week would get on my tits nerves pretty quickly.

Well, I don't know for sure that it wasn't real, but I'd put a bet on it.

No footage, from either internal or external cameras.

The corner it was sat at on its side was the Tarzan hairpin (I think...) which I can't see anyone putting something on its side at, unless there's some very specific contact.

Well, I don't know for sure that it wasn't real, but I'd put a bet on it.

No footage, from either internal or external cameras.

The corner it was sat at on its side was the Tarzan hairpin (I think...) which I can't see anyone putting something on its side at, unless there's some very specific contact.

Did you ever stop to think that it was edited like that for comedic effect? Or did you just take it all too seriously and strangle all the fun out of it?