Rank the teams

Sir Stiggington

Car(s)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/23 :P
Just for fun, to make everyone's bias obvious, rank all the F1 teams in order of which you like the most. This has nothing to do with how well a team performs on track or how fast the car is. Just how you feel about them

I'll start:

1. McLaren Mercedes
2. Red Bull Racing
3. BMW Sauber
4. Honda
5. Williams
6. Ferrari
7. Toro Rosso
8. Renault
9. Force India
10. Toyota

Last edited:
1. Williams
2. McLaren
3. BMW Sauber
4. Red Bull Racing
5. Honda
6. Ferrari
7. Toro Rosso
8. Renault
9. Force India
10. Toyota

1. Honda
2. Williams
3. BMW Sauber
4. Red Bull
5. McMerc
6. Torro Rosso
7. Renault
8. Force India
9. Ferrari
10. Toyota

1. BMW Sauber
2. Torro Rosso
3. Ferrari
4. Red Bull
5. Williams
6. Renault
7. Honda
8. Toyota
9. Force India
10. McLaren

1. Williams
2. BMW
3. Honda
4. Ferrari
5. Renault
6. Red Bull
7. Toro Rosso
8. Force India
9. Toyota
10. McLaren

1. McLaren - Don?t like their style (or rather, utter lack thereof), but they are the best after Ferrari, so i root for them.
2. Renault - I like Flavio. He?s the definition of playboy. He even makes up for crybaby Alonso.
3. BMW Sauber - Thiessen has zero charisma, but it?s nice to see a new challenger.
4. Red Bull - Sometimes try a bit too hard to bee the funky cool kid in the paddock.
5. Williams - Don?t like Frank. No personality. Need to accept they don?t look like recreating their glory days.
6. Torro Rosso - Don?t like Berger, all they done last year was complain that their drivers weren?t exploiting the potential of the cars, got rid of them, now they?re just as slow. Look elsewhere for the problems.
7. Toyota - Zzzzz. The most exciting sport in the world, and they bring Japanese management as their party piece, dull.
8. Honda - "This is the year we?ll be less shit". We?ll be hearing that in 10 years time.
9. Force India - Sounds like a shitty superhero that eats a lot of curry in-between saving people from burning call centre buildings. Piss off.
10. Ferrari - Whinging greasy wops. AHH PIANO PIANO PASTA PASTA, EESA NOT-A FAIR-A!

Last edited:
1. McLaren (No surprises there)
2. Williams
3. Red Bull (They remind me a bit of the old Jordan days, bringing a bit of life to a dull paddock)
4. Renault
5. Force India
6. BMW (I can't get excited about BMW even though they're doing everything right)
7. Ferrari (A couple of years ago they would've been last, but the management has changed and for the better)
8. Honda (Yawn)
9. Toyota (Yawn)
10. Toro Rosso (Nope, nothing)

1. Ferrari(first it was just because of Kimi, but currently i would probally cheer for them even with out Kimi)
2. Williams
3. McLaren(would be my favorit with out the last years drama and... Hamilton :p Still mostly because of those great H?kkinen years they are number 3 for me).
4. Red Bull
5. Honda (green pants! Plus they actually seem to be really trying something new and not just throwing money around)
6. BMW(like Red_Bull said i can't get exited about this team either)
7. Renault(don't particularly like Flavio, but other than that it's okish team)
8. Force India
9. Toyota(it's broken everyway and hopefully stays like that :D)
10. Toro Rosso

1. McLaren (Had all the drivers I liked since I started watching F1, and because of Ron Dennis and Martin Whitmarsh)
2. Super Aguri (They don't exist anymore, but they DID start the season. Small team with heart, Takuma Sato)
3. Honda (Always loved Honda, their cars, their engines... don't care for Jenson Button though)
=4. Red Bull (Adrian Newey, Mark Webber make the team for me)
=4. Williams (Because of Sir Frank and Patrick, their passion for the sport is immediately visible)
=4. BMW (I like all the German manufacturers, BMW+McLaren relationship, BMW+Williams relationship, Dr. Mario is always right)
7. Force India (Prioritizing the wrong things, going this way they will always be at the back of the grid)
8. Toro Rosso (Don't build their own cars really... neither did Aguri, but they didn't nearly have the resource of this team)
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
=9. Renault (Don't like Alonso, Flavio, or the Benetton days)
=9. Ferrari (No explanation needed... weasels... I don't mind Stefano Domenicali, but cannot stand di Montezimolo)
--
--
--
--
11. Toyota (I hate everything they do. Hypocrites, Liars, Copycats, 0 passion, all talk. They are just a marketing exercise)

1. McLaren
2. Williams
3. Honda
4. Red Bull
5. Renault
6. Force India (New boys, hope that they do better soon)
7. = BMW Sauber
7. = Toro Rosso
9. Toyota (Should be great - get some bloody management FGS)
10. Ferrari (Like the cars hate the F1 team)

Seriously? I thought more of you :p

Sorry to disappoint you :D

However, if the question was "Which team would you miss most if they vanished", Macca would be in my top 3 without doubt. ;) F1 wouldn't be the same without them.

1. Renault (of course)
2. Red Bull
3. Williams
4. BMW
5. Toro Rosso
6. Force India
7. Honda
8. Toyota
20=. McLaren
20=. Ferrari

1. BMW Sauber - The best of the rest, and I like BMW race cars.
2. Red Bull - No idea why, I just do
3. Honda - See above (from back when the team was known as BAR and was run by David Richards)
4. Renault - The first team in a long while to win both championships, other than Ferrari.
5. Williams - An illustrious past, but the glory days are long gone.
6. Ferrari - Minus quite a lot of points for constantly whining about some minor discrepancy from the rules.
7. Toyota - A huge budget does not compensate for the wrong management.
8. Toro Rosso - Has the feel that they were entered purely for extra advertising of Red Bull.
9. McLaren - Never took a liking to them (and minus points for Lewis)
10. Force India - Following the same path as the previous three iterations of the same team. Stop buying it, please!

1. Ferrari
2. BMW Sauber
3. McLaren
4. Red Bull
5. Williams
6. Toyota
7. Toro Rosso
8. Honda
9. Renault
10. Force India

To me teams in Formula 1 are in irrelevance. I follow drivers, they could all be in plain white cars with Judd V8's in the back as long as they still have well over 1000hp/tonne and are still the fastest race cars on earth. As such I can't possibly rate the teams so to keep in the spirit will give my my thoughts on them instead. Maybe some sort of order will establish itself.

Ferrari Like it or not they ARE Formula 1 to a certain extent. Now thoroughly Italian to the core like the old days, will that translate to the Ferrari of old which only needed 2 things according to Berger....Performance and Reliability. The previous incarnation of Todt, Byrne, Brawn and Schumacher provided a lesson to the sporting world on how to win. Maybe not always entirely ethical or sporting but in terms of WINNING they were amazing. Domenicali seems to be a very clever man and obviously they can still build a fast race car, some cracks are starting to show though which is worrying. For Kimi's sake hopefully they keep it together.

McLaren The other giant of Formula 1. Ron Dennis is one of those people who seem built into Formula 1's foundations. He and along with Frank Williams and Bernie and the like have been there almost since the beginning, certainly the beginning of the "professional" age. An immense operation of which the Formula 1 team is only a small part. Lost their way a few years ago but back with a vengeance and seem more level headed than Ferrari. Ron's love of having two superstars has always been his undoing and perhaps he has finally got his perfect combination. Will be interesting to see how the whole show runs once Whitmarsh gets the reins, I think it will go from strength to strength.

BMW Hard team to love for most people it seems. Perhaps the lack of passion? Thiessen is obviously a very very clued in fellow and success will come. Whether they can make the transition to consistent WC contenders will be seen but they are certainly on track. Don't hear much about their technical team but obviously doing a bloody good job and their designer Willy Rampf is a genius from what I understand. A valuable addition to the championship though.

Williams I, like most other people, don't think Williams will ever regain their glory days. The sport has moved on to the point where the relentless pace of development is almost beyond the smaller teams. Head and Williams are again part of F1's foundations. Have possibly gone through more than any other team, Frank Williams is simply a hero. The man who said he has no personality is certainly mistaken. There is no man on earth more passionate about motor racing than Frank Williams and he has a simply wonderful sense of humour if you read some of his quotes. Some of F1's greatest moments have come from Williams' cars so I would dearly love for them to win a few races again.

Renault Given the budget they run on, for the team to have 4 world titles (were Benetton remember) is quite amazing and largely down to Flavio. Unusual for a team principal as he wouldn't even know which way to hold a spanner but in terms of keeping the team together and finding the budget is superb. Strange they should go from so fast to so slow so quickly, perhaps the mass damper banning had quite a lot to do with that. Who they get to replace Alonso will be the key unless they come out with a stunner of a car next year.

Toyota While they have their heads in the sand with their insistence on the Japanese management style they will fail. For whatever reason the style that is so successful at mega-production car level fails totally at Formula One level. They KNOW how to run a successful race operation, look at their WRC success. With their budget and technical know how they should be a front runner but they simply aren't. Apparently a very very arrogant organisation as well. Think they are the best in all areas from drivers to cars which anyone with two eyes and half a brain can see is rubbish.

Honda Seem to have finally found a period of stability and I think will turn the corner. Some incredibly poor managerial decisions were made (losing Geoff Willis for instance) but thankfully they have seen the light and if anyone can turn them around its Ross Brawn. Already making in roads and next year should see a decent gain in performance given that everyone in the factory seems to know what it is they are meant to do now. Would like to see Jenson get the success he deserves. The last two certainly prove you can't solve a problem by throwing money at it.

Red Bull If quality of personnel guaranteed success then Red Bull would be champions. Willis, Newey and Webber certainly have the talent to deliver and Horner seems very controlled as a team boss, only having one main sponsor seems to help as well. Have made big strides especially this year in terms of reliability. Next step will be to challenge BMW. Also has the coolest marketing department in F1. Sort of the opposite to BMW in some respects.

Toro Rosso Not really sure why Red Bull bought two teams. Will always be a backmarker in its current guise despite some spirited recent performances from Vettel. Be better off selling and having 10 different teams.....but who would want to buy it?!?!?!?

Force India Statistics show that Force India has made the biggest gain of any team in the pitlane this year. That they are still at the back shows how rubbish its previous incarnations were, and its always easier to find speed from a lower benchmark. They now have the money thanks to Mallaya, can they get the technical team to deliver?? Won't escape Q3 for a while yet.

As usual I always write too much. Hard question haha

1. Ferrari - I love Ferrari because of the ruthless way in which they have dominated Formula 1 in recent years as well as the charm it has had since it's early days in Formula, chiefly due to it's father, Enzo Ferrari.

They were more likeable in a bygone era where they had the charm brought to the team by it's father, Enzo Ferrari, but in terms of results they weren't that successful. The 90s really brought Ferrari back to it's glory days with the trio of Schumacher, Brawn and Byron dominating Formula 1. However, the methods with which Ferrari was achieve some results has made it unpopular in recent years. I just loved all that though, it had made Formula 1 so much more interesting. Also, Ferrari always seems to have my favourite drivers. And it's ironic that it's those who claim Ferrari of whinging are the very one whinging about Ferrari.

2. Force India - Poor struggling team - a sympathy vote really. So far has refused to die, making me like them because of their fighting spirit.

3. BMW Sauber - A cold team, but Kubica makes them likeable.

4. Williams - Would like to see them return to their glory days.

5. Red Bull Racing - Like the team, especially Webber.

=6. Honda - *Yawn*

Toro Rosso - *Yawn*

Toyota - *Big Yawn*

9. Renault - Has Flavio AND the Nancy Boy Alonso, what more of an excuse do I need? Two VERY dislikeable people.

10. McLaren Mercedes - Hate the management and the team - especially for spying on Ferrari. The only thing I like about this team are the actual cars - which are superb, and Heikki.

1. Ferrari
2-9 All the others, except:
10. McLaren