Man kills two suspected burglars....hero or murderer?

Man kills two suspected burglars....hero or murderer?

• Total voters
Texas Front lawn machine gun turrets, invest now.

I clicked hero but i don't think he really is one, nor a murderer

I dont really think hes a hero, hes a normal man protecting his property. If I walked in on someone in my house taken shit the glock is coming out and I'm putting 2 9mm bullets in his ass. and before anyone asks I do have a CCW pistol permit and it is fully registered.

Last edited:
I don't think the man did anything wrong. He was looking out for the well-being of his neighbor and potentially himself if the burglars came back to his house later. He warned the guys that he would shoot if they moved. They charged him. Darwinism at it's finest.

But more than anything I'm glad to see there are still some people in this world who actually get off their ass and do something about a problem instead of just watching their neighbor get burglarized.

The criminals took a chance robbing someone's house. They were confronted and shot. They are at fault for their own demise, noone else.

Well, insurance outback must be much better out there than it is here. Don't know about the states, but Canadian inssurance is not very good.

So it would seem. All of my insurance policies cover me with either new-for-old replacement which means if someone steals a 20year old tv it gets replaced with a brand new one. Or agreed value. For example one of my cars is insured for $20k but if i sold it it's only worth about $13k. I hope it gets stolen.

Or are you saying that burglary of a habitation and robbery are "petty" crimes? If so, the next time I or one of my family members are in .AU, do you mind if we rob your house? If you do mind, what are you going to do? Yell "Stop, or I shall yell stop again?" I guarantee that whoever robs your place will be gone before the police arrive - so, whatcha going to do? Hm? I mean, they're only "petty" crimes, right? Insurance will cover it all, right?

Yes. As long as i am not home, please go ahead (see above)
I could use some new things.

Depending on where you live, you may not be able to get theft insurance for a reasonable sum. Alternately, you may not have the money for the insurance (notice that the world economy is crap right now?)

It would suck to live somewhere like that. Luckily we're doing just fine down here.

For a moment there I thought he killed two bulgarians,
but I'm happy with burglars also.

And, in contrast, from the UK today:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/51659

"NOW BURGLARS WILL NOT BE JAILED:

BRITAIN?S soft justice system hit a new low yesterday with plans to scrap prison sentences for burglars.

Hundreds of thousands of crooks could escape jail every year under the proposals by advisers to the Lord Chief Justice.

Those sentenced to short, sharp shock jail terms of less than 12 months for ?less serious offences? ? including burglary ? should be handed community penalties instead, they said."

facepalm.jpeg

And, in contrast, from the UK today:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/51659

"NOW BURGLARS WILL NOT BE JAILED:

BRITAIN?S soft justice system hit a new low yesterday with plans to scrap prison sentences for burglars.

Hundreds of thousands of crooks could escape jail every year under the proposals by advisers to the Lord Chief Justice.

Those sentenced to short, sharp shock jail terms of less than 12 months for ?less serious offences? ? including burglary ? should be handed community penalties instead, they said."

Its soft where it needs to be hard, and hard where it needs not exist (speeding :mrgreen: )

To recap the OT though, the Man shot after he was being charged? I was under the impression he just wondered outside and shot some people he thought might possibly be considered thieves. I still don't think hes a hero (he didn't attempt to sacrifice his life to save others), but i think its fine to shoot at someone whose charging you. Only problem is if the laws got too loose and murderers just went around claiming their victims charged them. Personally i wouldn't mind if their was some punishment for self defense, just so that people wouldn't use it as a excuse, but then i've never been charged by a cokehead.

Last edited:
Yup, per the testimony of the police officer sitting on his ass outside who saw the whole thing, Horn shot the two when they charged him.

Once again the world is drawn into an argument over the American gun laws. I believe that he was wrong in shooting them.

But there's the thing. If these bastards weren't robbing him, they wouldn't have got shot. If you don't want to be shot, don't rob people.

But there's the thing. If these bastards weren't robbing him, they wouldn't have got shot. If you don't want to be shot, don't rob people.

You got it precisely.

Ohh, and before someone brings up "he could have called the cops" - he did. They came out, sat on their ass outside, watched the whole thing... and did NOTHING.

The police aren't going to be there to protect you or your goods.

[NO SARCARSM] In reality, the cops really do nothing, the crooks really are dumb psychos who have absolutely no respect
for human life, and then there are gun-toting citizens who itch to shoot someone.

It's a wonderful world we live in. [/NO SARCASM]

Any robber dumb enough to approach a shotgun-wielding man on his own property deserve whatever they get. The only unfortunate thing is that one of the robbers managed to reproduce before Darwin got him.

Pretty much what I would have posted right there.

First time I've looked in this thread. He's a murderer. "I'm going to kill them" is pretty strong evidence which suggests he was looking for a fight when he could've stayed inside and just let the authorities handle the situation.

First time I've looked in this thread. He's a murderer. "I'm going to kill them" is pretty strong evidence which suggests he was looking for a fight when he could've stayed inside and just let the authorities handle the situation.

One problem with that theory - the authorities *did* show up, and they *did NOT* do anything.

And a Texas jury has said that no, he's not a murderer, so that's pretty much the end of it.

One problem with that theory - the authorities *did* show up, and they *did NOT* do anything.

And a Texas jury has said that no, he's not a murderer, so that's pretty much the end of it.

I was only going by what was written in the article which made no mention of the authorities. If he was acquitted, then all power to him. I hate to think what would happen if I tried something similar here...

I was only going by what was written in the article which made no mention of the authorities. If he was acquitted, then all power to him. I hate to think what would happen if I tried something similar here...

Our codes, laws, and solutions to problems are not for everyone. (shrug)

Here's the update that you may have missed in the depths of the thread: http://forums.finalgear.com/off-top...ars-hero-or-murderer-23538/page-3/#post728018

The policeman sitting on his butt outside saw everything. The two robbers charged Horn after he told them "move and I'll shoot".