First car you ever drove

My dad's 1998 VW Passat 1.9TDI
rather nice when you're 17 to have 110 hp and loads of torque

after that, my mom's Golf GTI 1.8

Mini cooper S. Old New mini. When I was 14. Manuals are hard when you're doing them for the first time, I was certainly a bit rough.

Drove my dad's Focus on an abandoned football field on top of a hill, about 2 months ago. Did a few figure-8 turns, but barely exceeded 20 kph; managed to get the car into 2nd gear. Stalled when I tried to start to move the first time, then nearly fried the clutch with too many revs.

Whatever... One more year to driving school.

My first drive was a Volvo 340 with belt drive!
That thing had the same top speed going backwards as it did going forwards!
It was a brilliant car (not really)!!!

First car I ever drove was a 1995 Dodge Neon Sport with the optional 150hp R/T engine and a bit stiffer suspension. Wasn't the best car or the fastest, but it was a ton of fun on the back roads. Had my first "accident" in the car, I went on a ride through someone's yard in the rain because someone convienently forgot to mention that the ABS had gone out.

The first car i drove was our old car a ford focus, up our road :)
focus.jpg

Last edited:
THAT isn't slow!

An S reg Vauxhall Corsa with a massive 1.0 litre engine with 12 valves! Yes you heard right.. 12! Behold!

22487142__1207655613__1__2-cabdccbda97ca68c34b2f481546a09aa.__big__.jpg

The monster..

What are you all complaining about? My VW Polo has 1.0 8 Valve engine. I'm too embarrassed to tell you the accelaration figure.

I had my first drive in driving school. The car was 2007 Fiat Grande Punto. Slow but nice to drive.

My dad's old Porsche 924 Turbo back when I was about 12.

My uncle let me drive his 1970 Dodge Challenger when I was received my learner's permit at 17.

Car that I primarily learned on was a 1989 Toyota Camry

with me at the wheel pedals & steering, VW Lupo 1.4, 'coruse i stalled it many times until i managed to get it going properly, man was it so long ago and man i waited a long time

248747_8d2130f0ae.jpg

My 93 Toyota Tercel. Funnily enough, it's probably the best handling car I've ever driven. Second best handling car I've ever driven (and the only other car I've ever driven) is an 01 Sienna. :lol:

1993 Ford F-150 with a bad clutch (it was manual)- my dad made me learn how to start from a stop going uphill on gravel without spinning the tires- that took a while, but i feel like i can drive pretty much anything now- after that it was a series of junked VW's - '76 vanegan, 71 beetle, 83 diesel rabbit (factory rated at 52 HP!!). Then late last year i finally got my first real car- 1987 BMW 325i- it's a rocketship in comparison.

I didn't get my license until I was 17 thanks to my apparent affinity for emergency rooms. Once I finally did, my uncle sold me a pair of ~1990 Pontiac Grand Ams for $600. :lol: Worth every penny. One had the anemic Iron Duke and an auto (clean and black), the other had the 180hp Quad 4 and a 5 speed (and was nearly entirely covered in rust). Once I learned to drive stick I gave the Duke car to my sister, who drove it for 2 more years. I on the other hand, killed the Quad 4 car in about 3 months. She still hasn't let me live that choice down. And in the less than 5 years since, I've had 10-11 more cars. I'm not sure, because it's depressing to think about it :lol:.

the mid engined, rear wheel drive, 1990...

toyota previa...

AWW YEAH!

previa_1.jpg

PREVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my friend have this thing where, if you see a previa driving in the same direction as you (don't ask why it's only for previas... I don't know) you have to Seer, PREVIA! then race it. If it turns off before you pass it, you lose, and are shamed. But if you pass it before it turns off, or before you turn off, you win. it's tons of fun. I have gone way off coarse just to beat previas before. :lol:

my first drive was my dad's Citroen Xantia - yeees
4ac61bc75ccaa77ed7b6687d562a23b0.jpg

PREVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my friend have this thing where, if you see a previa driving in the same direction as you (don't ask why it's only for previas... I don't know) you have to Seer, PREVIA! then race it. If it turns off before you pass it, you lose, and are shamed. But if you pass it before it turns off, or before you turn off, you win. it's tons of fun. I have gone way off coarse just to beat previas before. :lol:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/07/11/copavan.jpg