James May: Has James ever....

Corvu

Car(s)
'99 Cavalier
Has James ever done a Stig intro? I just racked my brains a bit and couldn't think of a time when he did.

(Sorry if this has been covered a million billion times already)
edit: apparently I don't know how to add smiley's to titles...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MWF
Not as far as I know. I'm not sure if this thread is a good idea though, cause all the "James May has not enough segments on Top Gear and is going to leave soon"-sayers are gonna pile up in here. :lol:

Since you come to mention it I don't believe he ever has. Mind you I think there's probably quite a list of things he "never has" - he hasn't mentioned "Woman" in his Daily Telegraph column for ages for instance.........

....hey, there's a thread title for anyone brave enough:

"Is Captain Slow virgo intacta?"

Now where's the smiley for "chickenshit" 'cos I'm definitely not going there.....

Last edited:
Is it that surprising? James has only driven on the track itself a handful of times... what do you expect?

Is it that surprising? James has only driven on the track itself a handful of times... what do you expect?

And none are from power tests. Infact, I think he's only been around the track 4 times, plus a bit from chasing The Stig with that Lexus.

And none are from power tests. Infact, I think he's only been around the track 4 times, plus a bit from chasing The Stig with that Lexus.

and on 2 of those 4 laps he drove in the wrong direction :p

There's probably a reason James hasn't done a Stigism. It would go a bit like this.....

Some say that he drives way to quickly, and that he has a sense of direction, all we know is, he's called The Stig.

There's probably a reason James hasn't done a Stigism. It would go a bit like this.....

Some say that he drives way to quickly, and that he has a sense of direction, all we know is, he's called The Stig.

:lol:

he also has never done a cool wall

Er, hello? This is James May we're talking about. Not only did he buy a Boxster but he ordered it in brown. 'Nuff said. :D

James has definitely done a Stig intro. I can't remember which episode but I definitely remember watching one recently where he and Jeremy were standing in the studio, Jeremy said something then James took over and said "and that's why need to give it to our tame racing driver" etc. Given it's something I've watched recently, it might have been season 10 that's been on Australian TV recently, or from 9 because I've been watching a bit of that.

So has he or hasn't he?

he also has never done a cool wall

He did pop over for a brief bit in 02x04 when they were talking about the new Jaguar XJ.

More ontopic though, I believe James introduced The Stig when him and Richard had the Boxster v. SLK500 (or was it 350?) argument.

Since you come to mention it I don't believe he ever has. Mind you I think there's probably quite a list of things he "never has" - he hasn't mentioned "Woman" in his Daily Telegraph column for ages for instance.........

....hey, there's a thread title for anyone brave enough:

"Is Captain Slow virgo intacta?"

Now where's the smiley for "chickenshit" 'cos I'm definitely not going there.....

He mentioned woman last week. Apparently she has bought him a juicer.

I also saw a picture somewhere with woman in his plane and that has to be recent because it was the red "OH COCK" one.

James has definitely done a Stig intro. I can't remember which episode but I definitely remember watching one recently where he and Jeremy were standing in the studio, Jeremy said something then James took over and said "and that's why need to give it to our tame racing driver" etc. Given it's something I've watched recently, it might have been season 10 that's been on Australian TV recently, or from 9 because I've been watching a bit of that.

Yeah I watched that episode today. He didn't talk about any Stig facts though, Jeremy took over. I'm pretty sure it was for the Aston DBS in 10x07. Or it could've been the Civic in 10x06. :D

While James has never done a Cool Wall segment, he did have the hilarious Classic or Crock board for a bit. That was a genius segment, and they really pissed off Jeremy with it.

..... I think the Stig's intros are crap.

To the poster, I'm sure JC writes them anyway.