Jay Leno Review Of SSC Ultimate Aero

xmurrx

Car(s)
2005 Roush Mustang
I was going to say something, but it would've been the beginning of a tiresome argument.

BTW, some of the design choices seem really simple-minded.

I must say it looks thoughtful and more refined than I thought.

That's pretty cool, as much as I hate the Aero's design.

What I hate even more, is that you can view videos full-screen on JayLenosGarage.

"This is an American car, the engine is American, the wheels are American, the badge looks like the flag, the record is owned by America, my socks are American...
O! say can you see."

Give me a fucking break.

"This is an American car, the engine is American, the wheels are American, the badge looks like the flag, the record is owned by America, my socks are American...
O! say can you see."

Give me a fucking break.

Wouldn't you be proud if one of Britain's small companies built the world's fastest production vehicle using all British engineering?

Give me a fucking break.

You need not be so disrespectful. I agree with Lupin, if this were all British, I'm sure you would be praising it. And non of us would begrudge you of that. Most of use praise a good car, no matter it's origins.

O! say can you see."

Give me a fucking break.

:lol:

The review was pretty pathetic in that way. I've seen better camerawork
by indonesian webcam whores. The constant comparison with the Veyron
was also incredibly stupid. Clear case of patriotism vs. virtue.

You need not be so disrespectful. I agree with Lupin, if this were all British, I'm sure you would be praising it. And non of us would begrudge you of that. Most of use praise a good car, no matter it's origins.

Maybe, but if it would've been all British it would've fallen apart during testing, and then again, during the review.

shit, 83 inches wide?

thats insane

and 32 gal in 7 minutes is even more daft lol! i thought the drag co-eff would be lower tho

The review was pretty pathetic in that way.

I fail to see the problem with the review. This vehicle was developed with a budget 1/1000th of the Veyron and has achieved something magnificent.

I've seen better camerawork
by indonesian webcam whores.

It's an online video produced with really no budget. Get the fuck over it and feel grateful for the chance to view videos of these interesting autos.

I fail to see the problem with the review. This vehicle was developed with a budget 1/1000th of the Veyron and has achieved something magnificent.
But it costs half what the Veyron does, so it's a ripoff!
Honestly, I don't see how this is much different from the Saleen S7. It's a generic, all-American supercar that promised, and delivered, extremely high performance and cost as much as or more than other big name supercars. And as far as I can tell, it didn't really pull anyone away from Murcielagos, Enzos, and Carrera GTs.

But it costs half what the Veyron does, so it's a ripoff!

Why? These cars are not easy to build and use expensive materials. Then you have to consider that SSC is actually trying to turn a profit unlike the Veyron......

I'm out of this discussion, youre thinking with your patriotic organs,
and not with the brain.

If this was a French car, you'd have no problems with seeing its shortcomings,
if it were German, you'd probably not even notice its existence.

Why? These cars are not easy to build and use expensive materials. Then you have to consider that SSC is actually trying to turn a profit unlike the Veyron......

I was kidding. Though it is, other than the Veyron and maybe the Saleen, the most expensive new car on sale in the US at the moment. I really doubt that they are ready to tackle that market. It's damn near impossible to compete in the supercar market because there are so many big name brands that people will flock to regardless. A few new brands manage to set themselves apart, Koenigsegg and Pagani for instance, with wild designs that are very easily recognizable. You can't pin it down to badge snobbery because these companies are brand new.
Koenigsegg briefly held the title of fastest car with the CCR, and Pagani holds one of the fastest lap times on the 'ring with the Zonda F. But that's not why people buy the cars. And similarly, I don't think SSC can sell themselves on performance numbers alone.