James May: Top Gear back in October [The Season 12 News Thread]

wookiewacker

according to james may on the radio today, top gear will be back the second or third week in october :D:D:D:D:D

Edit by Viper: It's been confirmed that it will be the third week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah That's great news. I wasn't too sure since they started late this year.

Marvellous! Not much of a wait time!

:+1:

Much better. Six months is the longest we've ever had to wait for a new series, excluding Hamster's little mishap, so it's nice to know that it's likely to be three or slightly less.

Better still a late October start points to an 8 or even a 10 show run. :woot:

Oh yeah, there are many new cars to test.. gallardo lp640? and since Jeremy tested all Lambos for years, I would not mind if James or Richard take its wheel, and let Jeremy test.. Fiat 500? Surely James showed (with Veyron) that he can test fast cars.. and without Jeremy's smoke cover, and tire squeal it could be pretty pleasant :p

http://img384.imageshack.**/img384/1552/randyse4.jpg

IT WAS A GHOST!!

Anyway, great news, hope they let james review a fast car.

:+1:
Better still a late October start points to an 8 or even a 10 show run. :woot:

Here's hoping! They seem to do one series at 6 episodes, and the next a bit longer at 10. I wonder what else they have in store for us? I don't know how they come up with new ideas all the time....Maybe they can do an epic race in Australia and I can stalk them cheer them on!

Wow! Such a short time between series this time =) I hoe it's true!

Stuff to do: A Grand Tour of Europe in three Touring cars? Another cheap car challenge and possibly another full episode of travelling (Like the American one or the African one).

Last edited:
Sweeet!

according to james may on the radio today, top gear will be back the second or third week in october :D:D:D:D:D

Is there anywhere that we can listen to or download the interview?

Did he say it would be back on TV in October or that they would start filming the next series in October?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just found it in one of the other two threads about this.

Last edited:
yesssssssssss, I hope they do the britcar 24hrs again. That is fastly becoming one of my favorite episodes ever.

I'm hoping so too, I'm going to keep an eye out for the entry list!

Do you think they have some of the filming for the next season already done? 2 months is a bit short for 10 episodes but I guess they have done that a lot in the past.

Anyway, I think a banana dance is in order: :banana:

That was a very good interview. They actually really let James talk.

I know Wilman and Jeremy have said the races were for real, but after hearing James say it, that settles it for me absolutely.

+1 for you upyourego