MMA's Rampage Jackson- Felony Hit and Run

JohnnyRacer

IDIOT!

TMZ said:
Law enforcement sources tell us, Rampage was in a car crash near Newport Beach (Orange County) and then split the scene. Cops gave chase and eventually caught up and charged him with felony hit and run and felony evading arrest.

rampage2.jpg

Former UFC light heavyweight champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson got busted just minutes ago, and is currently in custody on the way to the clink, but not before he was ordering on the ground, cops nearby with guns drawn.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Rampage was in a car crash near Newport Beach (that's near Laguna Beach in the O.C.) and then split the scene. Cops gave chase and eventually caught up and charged him with felony hit and run and felony evading arrest.

Here's the deal about the dumbest hit and run ever. Notice the truck he tried evading police in -- the one with the giant picture of him plastered on the side!

We're told there could be additional charges. No word yet on whether Rampage resisted arrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, this sucks! I really liked that guy, but what a retarded move :(

Of course he's an idiot, look at what he was driving.

IDIOT!

Law enforcement sources tell us, Rampage was in a car crash near Newport Beach (Orange County) and then split the scene. Cops gave chase and eventually caught up and charged him with felony hit and run and felony evading arrest.

rampage2.jpg

Former UFC light heavyweight champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson got busted just minutes ago, and is currently in custody on the way to the clink, but not before he was ordering on the ground, cops nearby with guns drawn.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Rampage was in a car crash near Newport Beach (that's near Laguna Beach in the O.C.) and then split the scene. Cops gave chase and eventually caught up and charged him with felony hit and run and felony evading arrest.

Here's the deal about the dumbest hit and run ever. Notice the truck he tried evading police in -- the one with the giant picture of him plastered on the side!

We're told there could be additional charges. No word yet on whether Rampage resisted arrest.
Umm, who is "us".. A little pet peeve but cite your source if your going to copy and paste (unless you are reporting this, and dude make a blog and get it dugged)

What, a totally badass truck? :p

Besides him being on the site, it's pretty sweet.

Umm, who is "us".. A little pet peeve but cite your source if your going to copy and paste (unless you are reporting this, and dude make a blog and get it dugged)

Couldn't agree more. It also drives me nuts when people type a post and then paste in an article without using
. Makes it real hard to tell where the post ends and the article starts.

According to various sources he hit a total of 3 cars, went on the sidewalk (making people jump away) and crossed into oncoming traffic.

Oh and he lost a wheel during the "run"
0715_rampage_01_full.jpg

I highly doubt anybody answers but his # that I got back when he was a Pride fighter (and have talked to him on a few occasions) is 949-836-1883 I tried to call to see if I could get an update from somebody but it single ringed to voicemail.

He got fucked over by the judges but I don't see why he would run. When you have the money for a R8 you have the money for insurance. Worse case you have to pay some stupid whiplash settlement, running from thd police might be a muay thai knee to the face of his career.

He did learn to fight by being a teenage crack dealer in memphis so I guess the old saying "you can take the x out of the y but you can't take the y out of the x" (fill in the blanks) so maybe he just ran on reaction? I have always liked Rampage so I hope he mans up and gets past this.

It does seem out of character. I'll reserve judgement until all the details are out, but it doesn't look good on the face of things.

Obviously he wasn't trying to "run" in that truck (with his larger-than-lifesized pic on the side) so it could have been some kind of stress related "rampage".

Edit: They say he was taken to a hospital.

Cops took him to the Orange County Jail, but they determined he was "medically unfit" to be booked. Cops won't say if he was high.

Last edited:
Top Gear Top Tip: When running from the cops make sure you are not driving a huge truck with your name and life-size picture on it :p

I bet did all this in fashion though, looking good in an Affliction or TAPOUT t-shirt.