Lotus Eagle officially revealed

so the pics I posted are rubbish then :

large_395810.jpg

Good. I like this design a lot, but 280 hp seems a bit weak from a 3.5
Surely there'll be a "hot" version with 350ish hp?

Also, I'm still not sure where the people in the back will actually be sitting? on top of the boiling hot engine?

Last edited:
Wow, looks great! How much does it weight and cost? I bet they will release a supercharged version with 370ish hp, unless they don't want to upstage the coming new Lotus Esprit.

I see a whole lot of "design inspirations" on the car, but I won't go into details here.

I love it! :thumbsup: :w00t: Should be a great car, a mid-mounted 2+2 with reasonable performance in a base model, great! (Obviously there will be a more powerful version coming, but sub-5 second times are good enough for the base)

Shame the back seats aren't usable for daily driving of adults :(

We have a Winner, Ladies and Gentlemen!

All the clean lines, a great shape, but I do sort of miss the smiley front face of the Elise/Exige AND the stripes that makes it look like a buzzing bee!
lotus_exige_265E_manu-06_01.jpg

THere is something a bit wrong about the rear design. Can't yet figure out what it is, but there's something wrong in there, other than that, I really like it... .. .. ..

So are the rear seats on top of the engine?

Ahem. Remember that in many RM cars the engine isn't mounted transversely.

Chapman's spinning in his grave!

About that and all the other billion and one widgits crammed in there, oh and the full leather interior.

I don't like it. It seems like a sop to all the people that don't actually want a Lotus, hence the 2 extra seats and the mountain of crap they've put in there. I just hope they go back to GT racing and rip all that shit out for the homologated version. It might seem like a proper Lotus then.

It doesn't seem that fast either with a 5 second 0-60 time and a suggested 160MPH top speed.

+1 <_< considering it will be light and have 280hp...

I like it alot, nice clean lines and has a smile, what more could you ask for, the rear seats sound usless but they always are in a sports car.

Overall looks set to be a great car, now bring on the Esprit!

Yeah, the back seats in a 2+2 only serve as an alibi to your wife/girlfriend anyway.
Seating a grown man in them should be against the geneva convention.

it's not new, looks exactly like the elise and exige without the spoilers

and that 3.5L V6, sounds like the VQ from Nissan

it's not new, looks exactly like the elise and exige without the spoilers

and that 3.5L V6, sounds like the VQ from Nissan

Lotus said:
Under the bonnet

Lotus continues its excellent working relationship with Toyota, world leaders in engine development and manufacture and Formula 1 competitor. For Project Eagle Lotus has modified Toyota?s 3.5-liter V6, with dual VVT-i (?intelligent? variable valve timing) for optimum performance.

It's the 2GR-FE from the Avalon/Camry/Rav4. I'm curious as to why they didn't go with the FSE variant, though, since that one has an extra 30 or so hp. :think:

It's the 2GR-FE from the Avalon/Camry/Rav4. I'm curious as to why they didn't go with the FSE variant, though, since that one has an extra 30 or so hp. :think:
They might be saving that for a hot version later...? :dunno:

It's too fat to be a Lotus. Heck, it's fatter than a Porsche Cayman!

I highly doubt that it was intended to be "light and nimble", considering it has a lot of comfort features and seats 4(ish). I still think they could have used the engine from Lexus with 300hp or turbocharge it. The Europa tried be be a bit of both, and look how it ended up.

I like the look, first think I thought when I saw it was that it looks like a cross between an Exige and a 430

I was thinking ferrari too, but not sure if it's the f430 it reminds me of...