New Roush supercharger takes the Mustang GT up to 700 hp

And how much fun is your Toyata Bug Splat (another problem we have with small cars, they are just dangerous when everyone else has huge metal slabs to drive) when you have a 400 mile perfectly straight drive through 3 towns of population < 300?

Whee America ;)

Believe it or not, safer than your car...

There's a weight issue that standard cash tests don't take into account.
An Aygo may be safer to crash into a brick wall than a '69 Mustang, but crash the cars into eachother, the Mustang driver will be better off, as it has twice the mass.

Believe it or not, safer than your car...

An Aygo may be safer to crash into a brick wall than a '69 Mustang, but crash the cars into eachother, the Mustang driver will be better off, as it has twice the mass.

Aye, not to mention mine is solid steel framed, steel bodied, and all of the bits in between are just metal bolted to metal. More rigid in comparison in the Toyota which I'm going to guess has rubber mounts between components to help reduce noise and vibration, and plastic/composite parts.

Alternately, my Grand Prix has 4 star rating for front and rear impact (while I'm sure that rating doesn't transfer directly over to the UK ratings) and the Aygo has yet to be tested for those crash ratings (from my searching on carpages.co.uk anyway).

Further, what I was referring to were more the fact that America is full of Trucks and SUVs. The aygo wouldn't stand a chance should it crash into something like that- it's a safety issue, and a big one which is part of why we don't drive small cars much here.

Getting away from that though, there's no point complaining about power adders and the American obsession with big engines. Big roads and cheap gas are just part of being here. Perhaps in the large cities the little cars are fine, but you come out here where I live in the middle of nowhere and you'll find yourself in a sour mood if you've got a tiny car. Want to go shopping? You're looking at at least an hours drive (at 75-80mph) to get to a place that has stores that are common in more populated areas (for reference, we have a walmart and a kmart available to us in town- that's about all). By the time you get there, you'll want to have lots of space to bring everything you need, since you don't want to make that trip all the time, if you're in a small car that limits you. You can love them all you want, but small cars aren't practical here.

Having sat in a Honda Fit, I'd say that it has plenty of space unless you are buying furniture.

we have a walmart and a kmart available to us in town
I am sorry from the bottom of my heart for you. That's like saying I can either wipe my ass with 40 grit or 80 grit.

Anyways that's rural America. Quite a large few of people live no more then 15 minutes from all the shopping you need. I can live with a Miata just fine, and I can still fit a months worth of food for myself in the trunk. And it's just not feasible for me to buy a car because someday I may have to transport something large, with gas the way it is it's cheaper to just rent a truck.

Apparently straight line is the only important thing to Roush.

But honestly, there needs to be some leeway with power and handling, unless people who buy them really dont care.

I have a 2006 roush mustang stage 3 with the supercharger producing around 550-575. Roush mustangs are not like a cobra or svt roush is a racing company that races in NHRA, NASCAR, SCCA, and Trans-Am and have been successful in all of them. ROUSH mustangs can handle, I take mine to Pocono Raceway all the time and do laps around their round course on track days. the thing can corner.

Also does any one remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTQw_0eL6XA

the stang does not win cuz it has a crapy driver

Last edited:

I also used to think that, then I saw this on Fifth Gear:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k3ygYUYia9I

Saying that Rousch doesn't care how the car handles because they made a supercharger is like saying brembo doesn't care how much power a car has because they make brakes.

It's simply an individual part taken out of context. Why jump all over it? It's an amazing achievement for one simple bolt on upgrade to almost double the power output of an engine, let alone to over 700 horsepower! People out there spend easily 10 times as much on full out racing engines which struggle to develop that much power.

Maybe it's a bit of jealousy on just how easy it is to make power with a good ol' American V8? Or the fact that we are still allowed to modify our cars?