Random Thoughts....

Shawn:
Novophone_Retro_Handset_-detail.jpg

Makes my cellphone tolerable when I need to talk for a while.

There's this guy that's been in the bathroom for the last 4 hours... he's was there the first time I went, and subsequently a few hours later. Same pants and shoes.

Wonder if he's sleeping on the john :blink:

Or to paraphrase Jeremy: "Actually he could be dead... well if he is dead and you fancy a job at the UCSD medical center, why not write to us at 'I'm better than mr. sleepyhead was' ... "

I love Asus! My Asus S5N developed it's first problem after over two years of ownership, so I called them up. Even though it's out of warranty and I will have to pay for repairs they gave me an RMA number and I talked to someone right here in California.

BONUS: Asus is based in Fremont and I have to drive right past it tomorrow, they are going to let me just drop it off for repairs instead of having to mail it in.

I read somewhere that the average laptop lasts about 16 months, mine has more than doubled that and this is the very first time it has ever broken. Asus costs more than others on the market, but I consider reliability like that money well spent.

My Acer laptop has been going strong since I bought it in March 2006. It's had a few little annoyances here and there but it's always functioned fine.

I just found out there's going to be a motorcycle cruise in at the bicycle races on Saturday. I'm so there and I'm going to bring Maxine to show off. :thumbsup:

I love Asus! My Asus S5N developed it's first problem after over two years of ownership, so I called them up. Even though it's out of warranty and I will have to pay for repairs they gave me an RMA number and I talked to someone right here in California.

BONUS: Asus is based in Fremont and I have to drive right past it tomorrow, they are going to let me just drop it off for repairs instead of having to mail it in.

I read somewhere that the average laptop lasts about 16 months, mine has more than doubled that and this is the very first time it has ever broken. Asus costs more than others on the market, but I consider reliability like that money well spent.

I only use asus motherboards they're always super reliable an very well equipped provided you can pay for their upper models but its WELL worth it.

I just found out there's going to be a motorcycle cruise in at the bicycle races on Saturday. I'm so there and I'm going to bring Maxine to show off. :thumbsup:

Are you going in your lady clothes? :p

:hmm: Well it will be a bit hot wearing biker clothes all day when it's going to be 88 degrees and sunny...

So I just got back from volunteering at The Tire Rack family picnic, and it was awesome! There was the normal food and games, but there was also Skip Barber taking Employees for rides around their test track in RX8s, and showing off their little Formula Mazdas or whatever. There was also a cool Baja 1000 buggy, as well as some old Muscle cars fixed with go fast, and more unlikely, corner fast technology. And then there was this:

Go to 1:12 in the second video

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpEG8dGkQY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO69p7IkcHc[/YOUTUBE]

I know this is from the IRC Chan but I thought I should share this with everyone...

Serajadeyn: boss pulls up, we chat for a minute, the whole time, there's this pigeon watching us from a ledge next to the window
[7:33pm] Serajadeyn: like, unafraid
[7:33pm] Serajadeyn: i think oookkkaaaau
[7:33pm] Serajadeyn: y*
[7:33pm] Serajadeyn: i get in my car
[7:33pm] Serajadeyn: the pigeon, walks up next to the back of my car
[7:33pm] Serajadeyn: i start the engine....
[7:34pm] Serajadeyn: the pigeon, still unafriad comes closer to the door...i pull back, and stop
[7:34pm] Serajadeyn: bird just stands there, looking at me
[7:34pm] Serajadeyn: it nods
[7:34pm] Serajadeyn: i ask it what's up. it just nods again
[7:34pm] Serajadeyn: no sound
[7:34pm] zuhaib: why are you talking to a bird...
[7:35pm] Serajadeyn: i tell it not to poop on anyone's car...
[7:35pm] Serajadeyn: it nods
[7:35pm] Serajadeyn: kinda walks then flies back to the ledge
[7:35pm] Serajadeyn: ...and watches me leave
[7:35pm] Quiky: You are crazy.

^ Finalgear > everything else :D

I just rediscovered the wonders of Minidiscs (or Hi-MD to be exact). I'm wondering why I ever bothered getting an MP3 player, obviously apart from the size, the hours spent putting things onto it, the relatively small discs, having to use Sony's dismal software and the fact that the internal battery only holds it's charge for 10 minutes after 3 years non-use.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

I only use asus motherboards they're always super reliable an very well equipped provided you can pay for their upper models but its WELL worth it.

Same here. Would recommend it to anyone.

On another note, I have a Logitech MX1000. Great mouse, love it to bits. Since I got it, I've always just put it back on its charging dock when I'm done with it (night times etc). Recently however it has been starting to show 2 (out of 3) power bars, when I have never seen them before. I've just started to let it run fully down, then charge it fully up again (is reasonably annoying because it means I don't have a mouse when its charging). My question is have I been damaging it by constantly recharging it?

I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

I wasn't actually complaining, even though my post sounds like it. I really do love MD players. They just seem to sound so much better than all the mp3 players around. I think they look better as well. If they made a modern one with simple drag and drop compatibility I would buy one.

The one I'm using at the moment.
mznh900blacklrg.jpg

Same here. Would recommend it to anyone.

On another note, I have a Logitech MX1000. Great mouse, love it to bits. Since I got it, I've always just put it back on its charging dock when I'm done with it (night times etc). Recently however it has been starting to show 2 (out of 3) power bars, when I have never seen them before. I've just started to let it run fully down, then charge it fully up again (is reasonably annoying because it means I don't have a mouse when its charging). My question is have I been damaging it by constantly recharging it?

I've had an MX1000 for a couple of years and about 6 months ago it started to only charge if I put it on the dock just so. It can be annoying having to try like 10 times to get those LEDs to start blinking, but other than that it's worked perfectly and I love it.

And Peter3hg, if the MD player is just playing mp3s then I would have to ask what mp3 players you have tried. If it's not playing a lossy format then that would be a good reason why it sounds better.

^ I don't mean I can't get it to charge, I can. I mean its charge is reducing quicker, so I believe I could have reduced its capacity or something.

Recharging electronics seems to be a bit of a black art. My Razr had appalling battery life (it was beeping at me after being on standby for 24 hours) when I only charged it when it needed to be charged. I've recently started charging it every night and now I can have it on standby for a couple days with no low battery warning.