Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Saw this mentioned on dvorak.org/blog

http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/Obama_Inexperience/2008/07/15/112909.html

Obama?s Inexperience Tough to Ignore

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:56 AM

By: Ronald Kessler Article Font Size

A close look at Barack Obama's career reveals it has been even more mediocre than generally recognized.

Before being elected to the Illinois state Senate, Obama worked as a community organizer and a lawyer in Chicago.

In his memoir, Obama says being a community organizer taught him how to motivate the powerless and work the government to help them. His chief example is an effort to remove asbestos from Altgeld Gardens, an all-black public housing project on Chicago?s South Side.

But those who were involved in the effort say Obama played a minor role in working the problem and never accomplished his goal. A pre-existing group at Altgeld Gardens and a local newspaper, the Chicago Reporter, were working on the problem before Obama came on the scene, yet Obama does not mention them in his book, ?Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.?

?Just because someone writes it, doesn't make it true,? says Altgeld resident Hazel Johnson, who had been pushing for a cleanup of the cancer-producing substance years before Obama showed up.

Rep. Bobby L. Rush, D-Ill., says it was Johnson's work, along with asbestos testing by the Chicago Reporter, that got Chicago officials interested in the issue. Rush, who launched an inquiry into the situation when he was a member of the Chicago City Council, says he is ?offended? that Obama did not mention Johnson in his account.

?Was [Obama] involved in stuff? Absolutely,? says Robert Ginsburg, an activist who worked with Johnson and Obama on the problem. ?But there was stuff happening before him, and after him.?

After three years working as an organizer, Obama could say he helped obtain grants for a jobs program and got asbestos removed from some pipes in the project. But as the Los Angeles Times has noted, the ?large-scale change that was needed at the 1,998-unit project was beyond his reach.? To this day, most of the asbestos remains in the apartments.

Fruitless though his efforts were, Obama devoted more than 100 pages to his experiences at Altgeld Gardens and surrounding areas. Michelle Obama has said his work as a community organizer helped him decide ?how he would impact the world,? assisting people to improve their lives. Yet, in a revealing passage in his book, Obama wrote, ?When classmates in college asked me just what it was that a community organizer did, I couldn?t answer them directly.?

Instead, he said, ?I?d pronounce on the need for change. Change in the White House, where Reagan and his minions were carrying on their dirty deeds. Change in the congress, compliant and corrupt. Change in the mood of the country, manic and self-absorbed. Change won?t come from the top, I would say. Change will come from a mobilized grass roots.?

Thus, Obama admitted that he accomplished little but that he was able to cover that up with fancy talk about change.

After going to Harvard Law School, Obama returned to Chicago, where he briefly headed a voter registration drive and then became a lawyer. While Obama?s campaign has touted him as a civil rights lawyer, ?Over the nine years that Obama?s law license was active in Illinois, he never handled a trial and mostly worked in teams of lawyers who drew up briefs and contracts in a variety of cases,? according to David Mendell?s ?Obama: From Promise To Power.?

A review of the cases Obama worked on during his brief legal career ?shows he played the strong, silent type in court, introducing himself and his client, then stepping aside to let other lawyers do the talking,? the Chicago Sun-Times has reported.

?A search of all the cases in Cook County Circuit Court in which Obama made an appearance since he graduated from Harvard in 1991 shows: zero,? the article said.

Instead, his practice was ?confined mainly to federal court in Chicago, where he made formal appearances in only five district court cases and another five in cases before the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ? a total of 10 cases in his legal career,? the paper said.

If Obama had virtually no impact as either a community organizer or as a lawyer, he was even more invisible in the state Senate and later in the U.S. Senate.

In both bodies, Obama had a reputation for voting ?present,? thus avoiding controversial decisions that could be used against him later. In the U.S. Senate, he has missed more than one in five votes.

Only one of the measures Obama has sponsored as a U.S. senator was enacted: a bill to ?promote relief, security, and democracy in the Democratic Republic of Congo.?

Contrary to Obama?s portrayal of himself as a unifier, on every bipartisan effort in the Senate to forge compromises on tough issues, Obama has been missing in action.

In sum, it would be difficult to imagine a more mediocre record. Most candidates for dog catcher have contributed more to society. Yet with the help of adoring reporters, Obama has managed to parlay extraordinary speaking and political skills into a presidential campaign built on sand.

The idea that America might entrust its security and future to someone who has never demonstrated an ability to get anything of significance done is scary.

Look for John McCain to begin exploiting this vulnerability after Labor Day.

Ronald Kessler is chief Washington correspondent of Newsmax.com. View his previous reports and get his dispatches sent to you free via
e-mail. Go here now.

? 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

I don't know how biased this article is (never heard of Newsmax), but it makes me feel better about voting for neither candidate.

Last edited:
You can look at this article in two ways, I think: either Obama is truly as useless as the guy makes him out to be, or the writer is nitpicking the trivial issues of his career with the intensity of an OCD stalker, and therefore the article is useless.

It all comes down to would you rather have the fresh-faced kid saddled with leading an entire nation out of war and recession, or would you rather have a senile warhawk who wants to piss off every other country in the world? I exaggerate, but it's not as clear-cut as you think.

Obama needs to be criticized more. I'm not a supporter but even I recognize that if he can take the criticisms and deal with them he will become a stronger candidate.

But you guys, didn't you hear what Oprah said about him?

Obama needs to be criticized more. I'm not a supporter but even I recognize that if he can take the criticisms and deal with them he will become a stronger candidate.

I agree. The problem is that he doesn't seem like he can take any hits. Have you seen the satirical comic on the New Yorker (actually by now the whole world and martians have seen it). It's just what it is... satire, and I think a candidate that could take such an image and go "Well done, that's great humor" and move on is one who's worthy of calling himself/herself the president. Instead he reacted negatively to the comic and the obama campaign bandwagon has gone negative with the comic as well.

Seems he needs to run to mommy everytime someone calls him something. I'm not a supporter either. To be honest the strongest candidate was Hillary Clinton but that's a whole 'nother saga.

I agree. The problem is that he doesn't seem like he can take any hits. Have you seen the satirical comic on the New Yorker (actually by now the whole world and martians have seen it). It's just what it is... satire, and I think a candidate that could take such an image and go "Well done, that's great humor" and move on is one who's worthy of calling himself/herself the president. Instead he reacted negatively to the comic and the obama campaign bandwagon has gone negative with the comic as well.

Seems he needs to run to mommy everytime someone calls him something. I'm not a supporter either. To be honest the strongest candidate was Hillary Clinton but that's a whole 'nother saga.

There is a difference between his campaign responding and him responding, from what i have heard / read it was his 'people' that responded to it, he's said nothing..

There is a difference between his campaign responding and him responding, from what i have heard / read it was his 'people' that responded to it, he's said nothing..

I thought I'd heard on CNN and MSNBC that it was Obama as well as his campaign that responded to the cartoon. Meh, we can go on saying "no he didn't, yes he did" but he should have some input and control in the matter regarding his campaign's response. I still think he's sitting in a jacuzzi while the others were/are standing on hot lava. They need to pressure him more, poke him more and bring out his naivete out into the open more.

Off Topic: I'm going to start watching the Daily show for my news updates :p. Seems all these other channels are unreliable and are just filled with 300% crap.

I agree, and I'm saying that as someone who would vote for him if I could.

It seems that many in the media are afraid to criticize him at all.

Yes, he reacted a bit knee-jerkly, but I think the problem here is that "any joke that needs explaining isn't that funny in the first place". Many people are saying that if the cartoon was inside a thought bubble of John McCain's it'd be much funnier and this wouldn't've happened.

I'm sorry again for going partially OT here, but I was watching Jon Stewart's show from July 15 where he refers to this cartoon, and he just said it the best. I'll try to quote his exact words and emotions.

Jon Stewart said:
Obama's camp initially agreed that the cartoon was quote 'Tasteless and offensive'. =/ Really? You know what your response should have been, it's very easy here let me put out the statement for you.

"Barack Obama is in no way upset about the cartoon that depicts him as a Muslim extremist. Because you know who gets upset about cartoons? MUSLIM EXTREMISTS. Of which Barack Obama is not... its just a fucking cartoon"

I'm sorry again for going partially OT here, but I was watching Jon Stewart's show from July 15 where he refers to this cartoon, and he just said it the best. I'll try to quote his exact words and emotions.

"I AM WOLF BLITZER! TAKE ME TO YOUR SITUATION ROOM! I AM WOLF BLITZER!"

The thing i see that started this was somebody calling him a backroom Muslim months back and the entire team jumped on it saying "No, No, No. He's Christian." like actually being a Muslim was a bad thing in the first place, which if course is not.

Instead of going some way to bridge the gap between religions, by emphatically saying he's not a Muslim is actually quite offensive and isolationist.

If somebody calls me a presbaterian, for example, i don't get all @rsy and defensive about it. Instead i say; "No, i'm actually a Catholic, and indeed a very naughty ony ;)" that both states the truth and turns the affair into a bit of a joke and a backfire on the one making the comment....... although for me, being a naughty Catholic is more the truth than not :D

The days of the true "Spitting Image" are truely over :(

The thing i see that started this was somebody calling him a backroom Muslim months back and the entire team jumped on it saying "No, No, No. He's Christian." like actually being a Muslim was a bad thing in the first place, which if course is not.

Instead of going some way to bridge the gap between religions, by emphatically saying he's not a Muslim is actually quite offensive and isolationist.

I think the problem is that in the US being perceived as a Muslim will not win him very many votes, so he's making an effort to point out yes, he's a Christian, no, he's not terrorist-fist-jabbing Osama Bin Laden every night.

It doesn't help that his middle name is Hussein, of course...

The days of the true "Spitting Image" are truely over :(

Speak for yourself, the French version is still on daily here, 20 years later.

Interestingly, a couple US market based versions of Spitting Image were tried in the 80s but none of them really caught on. Shame. I wonder if they could today.

I don't think you neo-cons need to worry about Obama getting elected. He's black, has an unfortunate name for the times we live in, and most people still think he's Muslim. At the end of the day, McCain will probably seem the safer choice - especially if he brightens up and starts pulling the vote-for-me-or-the-terrorists-will-get-you card.

I don't think you neo-cons need to worry about Obama getting elected. He's black, has an unfortunate name for the times we live in, and most people still think he's Muslim. At the end of the day, McCain will probably seem the safer choice - especially if he brightens up and starts pulling the vote-for-me-or-the-terrorists-will-get-you card.

Most Americans are ok with that.

Obama himself, though, that's another story.

Obama does seem like a lot of smoke and mirrors: change, change, change, but how the hell are we going to accomplish it? It's a bit naive. However, look at the alternative: if McCain gets elected, with his warhawk stance and antagonistic attitude towards the entire Muslim world, I truly fear for this world.

The choice isn't as clear-cut anymore. It's another "lesser of two evils" just like we had with Bush and Kerry, or Bush and Gore...

Maybe we should entrust other countries to vote for our president, we clearly aren't capable of doing it ourselves. :D

"I AM WOLF BLITZER! TAKE ME TO YOUR SITUATION ROOM! I AM WOLF BLITZER!"

:lmao: I loved that part.

It was so stupid though, what was up with all that BS about the "New Yorker is a neo-nazi magazine"?

The entire news organization in the united states has crumbled. Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Wolf... actually pretty much everyone should be relieved of their duties and forced to teach middle school world history.

Edit: Sorry let me qualify that. Before the recent election the wool was really pulled over our eyes. We were (and I admit to doing it myself) lulled by the charm and humor of Keith, the acerbic attitude and discussion skills of Chris, and the debate-style argumentative discourses of Scarborough and others. I didn't really like most of them, and would just watch Olbermann on countdown. I kind of missed Brian Williams and his objective style of news reporting. He just gave the straight facts without inserting his own agenda and bias into the issues. But with the recent election our eyes were really opened. We saw how sexist and illogical all these news anchors could be. They sort of exude this sense of might. They seriously seem like they should be put on a plinth in the hall of great news anchors and political debaters. They've just been giving us biased, sexist, racist, and most importantly COMPLETELY FILTERED news coverage of the elections and the war. It's like getting the final coffee in a cup with milk and sugar and not knowing what kind of coffee bean was put in, how it was brewed, how the beans were crushed and if it's espresso or plain coffee. I look to the BBC and the Daily Show for my news these days. Jon Stewart definitely puts these guys in place and the BBC for sure gives it to us straight and shows us the reality and the gravity of the situations in the mid east and elsewhere in the world.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that in the US being perceived as a Muslim will not win him very many votes, so he's making an effort to point out yes, he's a Christian, no, he's not terrorist-fist-jabbing Osama Bin Laden every night.

Whilst that is probably true he's not helping the cause for acceptance, understanding or integration.

By coming out so strongly against this cartoon that is, let's face it, just a cartoon he's almost saying it's an insult to call him a muslim. This is what could be found offensive in itself.

Well, as much as I want to believe that - I can't. Not until I see more convincing info about the poll they conducted. But even then, a lot of people will openly say shit like: "Oh yeah, I don't have any problem with black people.", but in reality they're still stuck in the same old views. They might be cool with it in public when someone asks them a polling question; but when they go into that voting booth the truth will come out. If that doesn't do it - the constant perpetration of lies about him being a Muslim probably will.

Again, note that I would prefer Obama to win. He wants to leave Iraq, McCain wants to stay. Thats enough for me. Normally it would be silly to vote for a candidate on the basis of one topic, but this war has become so crucial. Its a shame that its not really that big of a deal in the public discourse anymore.

Racist hicks wouldn't vote for a Democrat anyways, so it doesn't matter if Obama was white or black.