Japantastic (56K warning)

Quick search in the toyota.jp site reveals that the 200 series Land Cruiser, the Prado and the Lexus RX (rebadged as the Toyota Harrier) are available as well. :rolleyes:

But he meant the FJ Cruiser and that isn't available here.
Is it made in the US? Don't know much about them.

But he meant the FJ Cruiser and that isn't available here.

Not sure, I have seen them here quite a bit, they are the "surfer wagons" type of vehicle. Not sure what so many of them are doing in NYC though :)

I believe the FJ Cruiser (got it right this time! ;) ) is made in Japan. It's a cool car, and the Japanese would love to have that car on home turf, rather than getting one overseas and shipping it back as an import.

I haven't watched 11x04 yet, but I did see James stopping to admire the manhole covers in the GT-R vs. Bullet Train challenge.

I love the long scooters. :(

They're growing on me. They have to be pretty heavily modified to interest me.

I believe the FJ Cruiser (got it right this time! ;) ) is made in Japan. It's a cool car, and the Japanese would love to have that car on home turf, rather than getting one overseas and shipping it back as an import.

Funny isn't it? Same with bikes that are power limited, people have to buy the "export" models, re-imported or whatever. But people movers are far more popular here than SUV's, maximum interior space and utility.

My new wallpaper, all thanks to you. :mrgreen:

No problem.

I haven't watched 11x04 yet, but I did see James stopping to admire the manhole covers in the GT-R vs. Bullet Train challenge.

Yeah, I noticed that. I want to get a pic of a road that shows just how many of them there can be, it has to compromise the structural integrity, or something.

Anyway, I went out the other night and stayed out till the first train (first time in ages) and snapped some pics of middle-aged men passed out on the street.

drunk2.jpg

drunk1.jpg

drunk3.jpg

And a homeless dude. I didn't shoot the others cos I feel its a rude.

homeless.jpg

So many bikes. Too many bikes. All the abandoned and illegally parked ones get collected and if you don't pay the fine they get exported to China, I think.

bikesstacked.jpg

This may not be interesting, but the woodworking here seems pretty advanced. The old temples were built without any fixings like nails etc, just all wedged together, and they still do the same kind of stuff using all hand tools. This guy doesn't seem to have any safety harness.

constructionworker.jpg

The difference between a regular parking space and a K car space

keiparking.jpg

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming

carlssonmerc1.jpg

carlssonmerc2.jpg

Oh, if you remember JC talking about the speed cameras on the highways, you might notice a number of cars here have their front plate angled down so the cameras can't get a clear shot. Also they don't all take pics all the time, in the interest of smooth traffic flow they rarely use them.

And speaking of TG, here are some OTT signs.

signs.jpg

redrum.jpg

sr400greyw.jpg

sr400greywengine.jpg

sr400bsa.jpg

You have an great thread.

It's absolutely mind-blowing to see someone who has a car that is wider than the house.