[11x06] July 27th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn after next week I am going to have to settle for 5th gear until winter. Note to Sir Clarkson: season must include at least 10 episodes and they all have to be as good as the GT-R vs. Bullet Train episode :)

I can't believe it's already the end already. It should be a good episode. Although when the series ends, the TG team will have to start brainstorming again for more ideas, since everyone was not happy with every episode here. However, it's the best they can do.

Nope D-Motor will win - TG always (well nearly always) muck up.

Or to coin a phrase "Ambitious but Rubbish!" It'll be good to see Sabine again. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who finds her strangley alluring.....

This season has been good, it is better then the last season in my opinion, and I do think that the coming seasons will get better, its just the Focus that they are lacking right now in terms of what they want the flavor of their show to be.

FUCK YEAH. BETTER BE THE FURAI!

On a side note, when the fuck is the CCXR going to shown on the program?

Or to coin a phrase "Ambitious but Rubbish!" It'll be good to see Sabine again. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who finds her strangley alluring.....

Firstly, I do find Sabine alluring. I think it her personality, which is magnetic.

Secondly, I like the look of the Furai but hate it because it is a Mazda. It is the LG of the Automotive Industry.

New Ideas would be along the line of the gobsmackingly exciting American Tour.

Ok I googled some pictures of the Furai. And it seems that Richard is driving some other car. :dunno:
So if Richard is driving this ---

vlcsnap-10302.png

vlcsnap-10066.png

When will he do this?

vlcsnap-9811.png

(All the images courtesy of the Top Gear introduction video)

Last edited:
Ok I googled some pictures of the Furai. And it seems that Richard is driving some other car. :dunno:
So if Richard is driving this ---

vlcsnap-10302.png
Ah, but that's not a Mazda, it's a Mitsuoka Ray. And I think it will have something to do with James driving around strange Japanese people, because he was driving some other Mitsuoka car when he was doing that. Their main business seems to be making Nissan Micras look sort of like old British cars.

I know far too much about obscure Japanese cars.

YES MAZDA FURAI!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO! :woot:

That almost makes up for the 6 ep series. Also, with the lack of a mention of SIARPC, maybe this ep will be just cars and no celebs. Ahhhh, what a great combo that is. :D :cool: :lol:

This is looking to be one hell of an episode. I've been waiting a long time for the TG vs The germans.

Next episode thing at http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml

Next episode
The Teutonic bombshell is back!

Sabine Schmitz returns as Top Gear takes on its German rival...
homepage_sabine.jpg

Top Gear meets up with its Teutonic counterpart for a series of challenges to see who rules the motoring show roost. The fact that our old friend Sabine Schmitz is on the German team means we might be following British sporting tradition by crashing out in the first round. James, meanwhile, will be doing his very best not to mention the war.

And, we take a look at the best Japanese car manufacturer you've never heard of - Mitsuoka.

Sunday 27 July, 8pm BBC Two

episodearchive_110601.jpg

episodearchive_110602.jpg

episodearchive_110603.jpg
You can thank me later:lol:

This seems like a good episode, but I'm sad, because it's the last ep' and exited, for the big fight of the nations, at the same time. So I don't know whether to be happy or sad:p

i'll sum up the furai segment with two words.

apex seals

easy to quote when you don't own a rotary car... I had the 3rd gen, and it was an amazing car. Just like ANY sports, car, change your oil, keep up with maintenance, and you'll be fine. Remember, the reason why the rotary engine won Le Mans in 1991 was because of it's reliability. It out lasted all the piston cars with very little pit stops for "engine problems" like the sauber mercedes did (when it was dominating). In the end, when they stripped the car apart (after it won) the engine had very little wear and tear, which caused porsche to bitch and complain and ban the rotary engine from le mans. Later, Rotary engines were re-admitted, but were heavily crippled, thus, mazda stopped entering rotary le mans cars and joined the piston cup.

To the people who blow their seals:
change your oil, get it properly tuned, and if you wanna run it hard (450 rwhp +) always check your knock. Otherwise, get a 3 rotor NA a la furai.

Status
Not open for further replies.