The Dark Knight

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
I've been looking forward to this movie since Batman Begins came out in 05. I was so excited that I bought advanced tickets to a showing on friday, but now due to events beyond my control, they are just really expensive toilet paper. So it looks like I won't be able to see it for atleast a week, but I'm still interested to see what other people think.

My biggest question is did they fix the problems the first movie had? As in a leading lady you want to kick in the face and fighting shot so close up you can't tell what the hell is going on.

Saw it a couple of nights ago.

Will not disappoint.

Heath Ledger held character so well that it made the movie all that more enjoyable with this being his last movie :( - It had funny moments, it had dramatic moments and of course very dark moments - it was a very decent length so go take a leak before hand. If you enjoy the comics and Batman's fruitful history this won't let you down.

A++++++++++ Good Seller - Will Use Again kthnx

I'm been trying very hard to avoid previews for the last little while, and avoid reading anything...but it's difficult.

I booked for Saturday at 12:20PM on IMAX. The midnight and 3am showings here have been sold out for a bit, same with many showings for the rest of the weekend. It's gonna be crazy...i'll probably go to the theater an hour in advance just to get good seats and not be stuck in the front...and I hope no inconsiderate assholes start blabbing about the movie when they leave the theater.

This is gonna be so awesome.

It was fucking amazing; I can not describe how awesome it is.
On a scale of 1 to 10 it is at least a 12.

I just saw a 12:01 showing and WOW! Just wow! I was amazed at the emotions it provoked also. I laughed, cringed, was saddened, and overall very satisfied with the experience.

I gave it a 10 on IMDb, which i rarely rarely do.

Can't wait to buy an HDTV, Blu-ray player, surround-sound system, and this movie just so I can experience this movie over and over!

Yes, it's THAT good!

sounds good. I hope the hype about Heath Ledger will not dissapoint.
yeah we all know he is dead now, and this was his latest movie. I just don't think that should be a reason to go watch the movie. A couple of better reasons could be that

- Batman movies generally kick ass
- the Joker is the best Batman baddie ever
- More batmobile, batbike and Lambo's

I have tickets for 10:10 am tomorrow... and a Rush concert tomorrow night, how much better can one day get????

I have tickets for 10:10 am tomorrow... and a Rush concert tomorrow night, how much better can one day get????

Lucky bastard...

The movie was nothing but awesome, but I'm wondering about a couple of things.
-Why introduce Two-Face and then have him killed in the same movie? (or did he die? :hmm:)
-Why not kill off the joker too?
-Come to think of it, they shouldnt have had Two-Face in the movie at all, though maybe im just thinking tha because the joker stole the show.

The best movie I've seen in years. 10/10

<insert blather about how amazing the movie was>

The Joker totally stole the show. Absolutely the best joker rendition of all time... Heath Ledger was incredible. it's like it wasn't even heath anymore he WAS the joker

also watchman trailer fuck yeah

The ONLY downside to the movie is the fact that they cannot bring back the Joker for another movie. Heath Ledger was beyond phenomenal, one of the best movie performances of all time.

have to wait until sometime in august to see it, absolutly dying to see it. Its already started smashing box office records too

The Dark Knight has reportedly bested the previous record holder, Star Wars, Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith, for the best midnight opening record with an estimated $18.5 million.

Variety reports that Dark Knight, which opened on 4,366 screens, "the $18.5 million did not include 3:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M." Deadline Hollywood Daily claims, via sources, that Warners Bros. "bigwigs are hoping for between $160 million and $170 million" weekend gross for Dark Knight.

In other Bat-opening news, MovieTickets.com reports that more than 1,300 performances nationwide are still sold out. This includes more than 220 in New York City and Los Angeles alone. All this, combined with a move into the MovieTickets.com Top 5 Pre-Sale List of All-Time, and sky-high approval ratings from MovieTickets.com users, combines to pack a powerful punch.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/892/892042p1.html

If it makes anything over $150 million for the weekend then it will be the biggest weekend opener ever, beating spiderman 3's 150mill

What an epicly epic movie. Truly amazing performance by Ledger, though I have to say, the "Batman" voice Bale uses is really annoying.

On a funny note, after I got home from the movie and turned the TV on........Batman & Robin with George Clooney was on TV. The contrast in quality is quite incredible :).

have to wait until sometime in august to see it, absolutly dying to see it. Its already started smashing box office records too

The Dark Knight has reportedly bested the previous record holder, Star Wars, Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith, for the best midnight opening record with an estimated $18.5 million.

Variety reports that Dark Knight, which opened on 4,366 screens, "the $18.5 million did not include 3:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M." Deadline Hollywood Daily claims, via sources, that Warners Bros. "bigwigs are hoping for between $160 million and $170 million" weekend gross for Dark Knight.

In other Bat-opening news, MovieTickets.com reports that more than 1,300 performances nationwide are still sold out. This includes more than 220 in New York City and Los Angeles alone. All this, combined with a move into the MovieTickets.com Top 5 Pre-Sale List of All-Time, and sky-high approval ratings from MovieTickets.com users, combines to pack a powerful punch.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/892/892042p1.html

If it makes anything over $150 million for the weekend then it will be the biggest weekend opener ever, beating spiderman 3's 150mill

Thanks for all the stats! Very informative!

Damn Summer School final, will catch it next week. By then I might get better seats.

This was an excellent movie, easily the best Batman film and probably the best mainstream "comic book based" film as well.

First off, if you can...watch it in IMAX. The scenes that were shot in this format were just phenomenal. I went to the theater about 2 hours before the showtime, good thing as well. There were about 5 people in front, and about 50 minutes away it was swamped.

I can't recall the last movie I saw that was so complete (heck, it was 2 1/2 hours which helped). It wasn't just about action, but about characters. It truly was magnificent..dare I say, a masterpiece.

And Heath Ledger. Wow....unbelievable. He truly embraced the role and captured all the nuances of The Joker.

I hold the first Batman film (Keaton/Nicholson) in very high regard, and I would never even compare the two. They are completely different, and The Dark Knight is the future of comic-book films.

I hold the first Batman film (Keaton/Nicholson) in very high regard, and I would never even compare the two. They are completely different, and The Dark Knight is the future of comic-book films.

Keaton was excellent when he was batman