Supposed GT-R Lap time

Status
Not open for further replies.

chvvkumar

I looked at the Wikipedia source, and the editor of that lap time is an IP/Unregistered User who has only made one edit, that. Also, there's no reference provided, so I wouldn't trust it much.

Nevermind if that's the real time it did, but I'm surprised that they put it around the TG track. When I found out that they were going to use it in a race in Japan, and then drive it on a track in Japan, I thought "Blah, not again. An interesting car with the potential for a fast lap, and it won't go around the track". Good thing I was wrong, now we get to see what that Datsun can really do!

I'll wait until Sunday thanks...........

<JOKING>
I can't believe that it did a 1.56 around the track. I thought it would be a good car :p
</JOKING>

Can't wait to see it on Sunday :)

Wouldn't surprise me at at, it went around the ring 10 seconds faster than the McLaren, C GT, CCX, Ford GT, LP640, and even faster than the almighty Veyron. Infact there are only 2 real production cars that are faster, the new vette and the Clubsport Type F Zonda.

The time wouldn't entirely surprise me. The shortness of the TG track, the standing start, and the fairly low speed corners all play to the GT-R's strengths. Coupled with the fact that it's a doggone fast car period, and a spectacular laptime is no surprise.

Steve

For those too lazy to look at the old wikipedia, it did it in:

1:18:4 - Putting 3rd behind the Ascari and the CCX+Wing :mrgreen:

Given the GT-R actually did that time, I think the Veyron could actually go to the very top.

Am not surprised!! after all it did almost the same time as the Zonda F on the Nurburgring. At a base price of $69,000 USD in the US, this car is the bargain of the century.

This needs to be moved to the spoiler section!

If that's the real time, I'll eat my own hat.

Er, it's only 1.4 seconds quicker than the Carrera GT, which it beat round the 'ring by 11 seconds. Factor the difference in track length and it's about right.

Er, it's only 1.4 seconds quicker than the Carrera GT, which it beat round the 'ring by 11 seconds. Factor the difference in track length and it's about right.
Err, wait, what? The Carrera GT's fastest ring time is 7:28 with Walter R?hrl... (Autobild) That's more like GT-R being one second slower. Official time with Sport Auto is 7:32.
Ludwig schaffte mit dem SLR imponierende 7.40 Minuten ? und R?hrl drosch den Carrera GT in kaum vorstellbaren 7.28 um den Kurs.

On Bedford Autodrome (similar to the TG test track in length) the Carrera GT was exactly two seconds faster than the GT-R, 1:19,70 vs 1:21,70 (Look it up in an edition of EVO before the Bedford Autordrome was modified)

Status
Not open for further replies.