E-Mail verification broken?

sparkle

Car(s)
Saab 9-3 SportCombi 1.9 TiD Hirsch
Hai!

I registered yesterday and requested the e-mail verification a few times but I didn't get it. My e-mail provider is web.de. After changing the address to my private domain, I finally got a mail. So I think either the mechanism for first verification is broken or you can't send emails to @web.de addresses because web.de does definitely not sort out SPAM.

--Sebastian

All of our e-mails are sent via Google's servers (check the headers), so I don't see why there should be any problems. :?

EDIT: I take that back. It seems to have turned itself back to internal mail. Fixed (maybe).

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe not fixed. I'll talk with Quiky.

Web.de along with mail.ru don't accept mail properly. Use another server.

Web.de along with mail.ru don't accept mail properly. Use another server.
Ah, okay.

BTW, poke me on IRC. E-mail is currently being sent via PHP's mail() rather than SMTP and I can't get SMTP to work. Dunno if you care it's being sent via mail() or not.

hate to necro here, but i was having this same issue.

till i finally grepped my mail server logs (i run my own mail server), and found its due to the level of strictness i have.

the error that the mail received (and thus rejected from delivery):
: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

which is due to the ip of the originating mail's system doesnt resolve to a legal hostname. (it resolves to ".").

so i put in the email for my isp account, and it worked.

anyhow.. either it needs fixing, or maybe just put something in a FAQ so people know that it is sending, but the receiver's server may have some strict filtering rules in place.