Post Your Launch

The fuel mixture isn't horridly off, only a touch, and it's the best I've been able to get it. As far as the liners, Vega blocks were/are sleeveless.

Thats right. Steel piston inside an aluminum block, correct? I just remember reading that they chew through the blocks very quickly.

Thats right. Steel piston inside an aluminum block, correct? I just remember reading that they chew through the blocks very quickly.

They're aluminum mixed with silicon, which helped make a better wearing surface, or I believe that is the case. As far as going through blocks, out of the... 5.. Vegas that my family has between my dad and I, only one block has gone out, and that was a couple weeks ago when it cracked from a sudden loss of water in my dad's standard Vega, whose odometer had over 120,000 miles. It sucked, but we had two 'spare' engines in our garage (we buy and sell a lot of parts), so after the weekend, we had the new one in, and it was running.

But.. There's a benefit, now I get to make a table out of the block, some welded angle iron, and some lexan :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kng6SskJd_U[/YOUTUBE]

Dunno if this counts... sort of, more of just revving the engine then doing a launch. It's an auto so I cant go to 6K but the TC allows me to around 2800 RPM before the wheels start turning with the brakes applied. Stock Z isn't nearly as fast as your dragster vids lol. Suppose I could start a burnout but don't need to waste that much tires, thats what the pic below is for.

More of the aftermath of a burnout than a launch, but it still looks cool...

Last edited: