Cars you just dont understand

Some of those replicas are very good...but my favorite is this rather cute but awesome rotary powered thing
diasio-D962R.jpg

I have seen those racing at Road America...Very quick.

BMW X6
BMW X1 (If it is coming)
SL Black series... use a CL, fixed roof is already done.
X-Bow (I know every one here loves it, but it's trying too hard to be an Atom.

Anything in the Hummer lineup, completely pointless: original, H2, H3.

Ed

I'd say the H3 is absolutely pointless. the original hummer/humvee is very purposeful, but not as a general purpose vehicle as it's sold.

the H3 though holds less than most hatchbacks and is about fifty tons and drinks gas like I drink Dr. Pepper.

agreed i suppose it is a cayanne competitor and every one says it's the best handling SUV ever (insert joke about winning special olympics) but it has less room and less doors so wtf... although V8TT from BMW = WIN
BMW X1 (If it is coming)
WTF i sure hope you are joking... no way BWM would ever make such a thing... i mean jesus what market are they going for all those rich guys out there that had to settle for a grand vitara?
SL Black series... use a CL, fixed roof is already done.
wait you don't want a convertible race car?
X-Bow (I know every one here loves it, but it's trying too hard to be an Atom.
imitation is the highest form of flattery. show me a better way to make a super super light track car

May have said this somewhere before, I just don't understand the need for the Rav4 V6. For about the same sort of money as a base or top spec V6 Rav4 you could have a mid spec Kluger (Highlander for the rest of you) which has the same engine, same gearbox, same driveline, is slightly bigger, better looking, has 7 seats and has more features as standard. Its not that I don't like the Rav V6, I do, but I just don't see the need for its existance.

a

wait you don't want a convertible race car?

What you say would be true.. IF the SL Black Series was a convertible. It is a fixed roof SL.

That being said, it looks damn sexy fixed roof so I still <3 it.

Cross-over SUVs. What's the point? Either get a wagon/estate, or an SUV.

or just get a hatchback, since that's all most use them as anyway.

crossovers are less irritating than the SUVs which are obviously incapable of going anywhere near a muddy grassy, or even bumpy area.

SUVs are nonsense. Unless you live in Brazil, where roads are quite "lunar-surfaced".

I can't understand the dragsters and Nascar. So as the oval circuits.

Caparo T1 because of its name and looks.

And the Merc SL AMG Black, cheaper than the SLR McLaren and more powerfull.

Cars that I don't understand, hmmm. I'm basically echoing posts from the previous 12 pages, but I'll just make myself heard and feel important anyway :p :

BMW X6
MINI Clubman
Toyota Solara
Lexus ES series
Acura EL series
GM and Ford rebranded duplicate cars (most of them...)
Audi R8
Soft Roaders (Including GLK, X3, Touran et. al.)
Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe (It makes sense in Pontiac form as it has no overlap as such, but the Toyota has overlap with the Yaris imo)

Volvos.

I drove a (work) Volvo S40 2.0 D the other week and it was amazing and weird at the same time.
It's a lot newer than my own car, rides brilliantly, smooth gearchange, and a relatively powerful engine.
It had more hp than my car, and for some weird reason it felt so much slower. This is a car that you always drive slowly, I hardly went over 120 kph (which is the limit) because it was just so relaxing.

You know when you sometimes watch some random TV movie and forget what it was about the second it ends. It was like that. The car itself is great, nice interior, all the options you could want (except maybe an MP3 player connection), good power, good fuel economy, handles OK,...
it was just so boring that I struggle to remember the feeling of driving it

the new RS6 is a thing i just don't get. don't get me wrong, i love it, it's insane. but why would you put that engine in an estate when you can just put it in the r8 and beat the s**t out of almost every sports car... i mean it's fairly fine to put the v10 without the turbos in it
and the R63 amg... it's a pointless piece of family crap with a beast under its hood...

Its time for a rant[...]Audi S3 ?26,950
Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quattro ?28,075
The S3 looks better and is faster, no the V6 isnt torquier, why pay more for a slower and heavier car?
Driving the V6 and the 2 Liter Turbo is one hell of a difference (I know from the A4). It?s a totally different driving experience, apart from just HP or torque numbers. And the V6 is faster ... limited to 250km/h while the S3 tops at 243 something km/h (acording to audi.de).

I?d have the A3 3.2 over the S3 anytime ... it?s the more refined engine, it?s torque and power are available lower down. It not such a screaming GTI-clone driven by little boys, it?s more of a quick refined engine with power from ccm?, not from a hairdryer. I?m not saying the S3?s engine is bad, it probably extremly good ... but I?d pick the 3.2 V6 over a 2 Liter Turbo anytime ...

crossovers are less irritating than the SUVs which are obviously incapable of going anywhere near a muddy grassy, or even bumpy area.

oh god it drives me insane when my car takes the potholes better than the suvs. WHY DID YOU BUY THAT YOU IDIOT. YOU HAVE BEEN BEATEN BY AN 03 VW BUG. YOU HAVE FAILED AT LIFE.

Volvos.

I drove a (work) Volvo S40 2.0 D the other week and it was amazing and weird at the same time.
It's a lot newer than my own car, rides brilliantly, smooth gearchange, and a relatively powerful engine.
It had more hp than my car, and for some weird reason it felt so much slower. This is a car that you always drive slowly, I hardly went over 120 kph (which is the limit) because it was just so relaxing.

You know when you sometimes watch some random TV movie and forget what it was about the second it ends. It was like that. The car itself is great, nice interior, all the options you could want (except maybe an MP3 player connection), good power, good fuel economy, handles OK,...
it was just so boring that I struggle to remember the feeling of driving it

Yeah I know what you mean, my father used to have the V70R. And it was REALLY fast, but the rest of the car was just desperately trying to bore you to death. Very strange for a performance version of a car. I really like the design and style of Volvos, but I'm just not old enough to enjoy the way they feel to drive.

oh god it drives me insane when my car takes the potholes better than the suvs. WHY DID YOU BUY THAT YOU IDIOT. YOU HAVE BEEN BEATEN BY AN 03 VW BUG. YOU HAVE FAILED AT LIFE.

no kidding, these giant so-called 'off-roaders' slow down.. no, fucking STOP at speed bumps... what the fuck.