[11x06] July 27th, 2008

[11x06] July 27th, 2008

• Total voters
"I could have come in the back of Bobby Charlton."

*Or something along those lines.

This episode was so funny, it was ridiculous! When the "one arm soundman" lost his arm I laughed with tears; I couldn't stop laughing. What kind of people think of these things: "I know, we'll put a one arm man on the wheel !" BRILLIANT!
I can't wait to see the 12th season; I hope they'll review the new Lamborghini LP560-4.

P.S.: The hair raising shout of the Lamborghini LP640 before the drag race is the absolute most beautiful sound ever made?ever!
I would put that V12 engine sound as an intro to the Top Gear tune .

supercharged, supercharged...charged

I dunno, it felt a bit flat to me, and I don't quite get why. Hammond was pretty quality all episode, but I found the TG vs Germans thing to be a little on the forced side, and James in the Mitsuokas didn't do it for me either.

I might have to watch it again later, maybe I need to be in the right frame of mind.

Finally I got that one watched. Really funny stuff as usual. And even as an German viewer I can laugh about every single war-joke JC is telling. :D

I have no problem with our guys losing that "competition" and your team having stiggy behind the wheel. I cant wait to see the D Motor version of the fight. To be honest: I hate those monkeys presenting that boring German topgear copy. Despite of likeable Sabine Schmitz the show is really rubbish.

Rest of tonights episode:

May in Japan: 9/10
SIARPC: 5/10 (Jay Kay on drugs)
Gumpert Apollo: 9/10 (really ugly, really fast)
News: 7/10
Stig beaten by Scouts: 10/10 :lol:

the "japanese rr" is actually a infiniti M35, or nissan fuga with different front and rear.

10 (well, rounded up from a high 9). Awesome episode. :D

This episode... All I have to say is... YESSSS TOP GEAR IS BACK.

Seriously, great guest (frankly the only good guest this episode). All the presenters had their bits. Hilarious and entertaining. This episode represents what Top Gear is all about. It's been awhile since I have seen a great episode

10/10

"MY ARMS COME OFF!"

/me starts sweep stake... S12 to start Oct 26.

And a great episode, the only thing lacking was hooter girl from last week :(

EPIC

Best Top Gear i've seen. I laughed so hard i almost wee'd myself.

"others say i was bound and gagged in the locker room" - May
and Hammond being a bad winner were fucking hilarious. Excellent episode, im glad the show went out with a bang

I have to say that was awesome...and the Stig is amazingly fast...I mean we all knew it before but he destroyed the actual pro driver (I know Stig is ex-F1 or something), and the guy was pro at Touring Cars (so isn't that the Porsche?).

I laughed hard...and often as it was an excellent episode.

When a large'ish music magasine reviewed the entry album by Queens of the Stoneage, they wrote one word; 'rock'. I'll write one word about this episode.

'Epic'.

70/10!!!

Great ending to the season.

Also...

RICHARD ROAD TESTED A CAR!!!!!!! WOOOOO! :dance: :thumbsup:

It's been so long since we've seen him do one of those. It was incredible, and incredibly funny!

The final challenge was awesome. James May really is das shtig :p

I agree with the other that this season started out slow, but this episode made up for all the "crap" that was in the first few episodes. I am an easy guy to please, so unlike the other episodes that at I would give a 6 for (at their best), this one gets a solid 10/10.

Now if they could just keep this up for the next series.

I enjoyed the drag race and the "representation" for India(they could of used a Jaguar XKR...) and the Spitfire entrance was brilliant! 10/10

Finally, a return to greatness. I honestly can't remember an episode being end to end great like this was and I honestly think that was the best SIARPC interview I've seen. Part of me lost hope at the start of the season but it this was definitely a fitting end and season 12 can't come here fast enough.

Finally I got that one watched. Really funny stuff as usual. And even as an German viewer I can laugh about every single war-joke JC is telling. :D

I have no problem with our guys losing that "competition" and your team having stiggy behind the wheel. I cant wait to see the D Motor version of the fight. To be honest: I hate those monkeys presenting that boring German topgear copy. Despite of likeable Sabine Schmitz the show is really rubbish.

Got to agree with you.. while dmax has some nice stuff in their schedule (bought from us and uk) their own program isn't as good. And d-motor just sucks big time (even sabine.. she's a great driver but not so good as a show host). If they do script all the jokes they should at least have hosts that know how to hide this.

As for top gear, great show. JK was epic!

I said after last week's debacle of a show they better end the season with a bang, and I think it turned out to be the biggest bang ever!!! I rate it a 36.5 out of 10! New best show ever!!!

James' Japanese car review: Those were cool cars. And it was awesome to learn they existed, and to learn that much more about Japan. He was the right guy to review them, and it was awesome to see him doing a review!

News: Great news. I thank Hammond for trying to support American muscle cars, Jeremy was spot on that the new Camaro uses the Holden platform, but it is going to have the same HP as the new Challenger, and unlike it, a six speed box and IRS as was mentioned. Jezza can say we went to the Aussies for some engineering knowhow, but he does love the VXR.

Gumpet review: Richard reviewing supercars rocks! He should do it more often. And yet again, the Germans make the fastest supercar. Good looking? Hell no! But functional and purposeful? Yes, as befits an efficient country like Germany.

SIARPC: One guest!!! HOORAY!!! And it's JK!!!! I used to think Simon Cowell was the best interview, and that may still be true, but JK is without question the best guest ever! He's a true petrolhead and a rocker! You can't possibly have a better combination in a celebrity. A great drive by him, watching it I thought he had run a 44, but I guess going wide on Hammerhead and Gambon fixed that.

UK vs. Germany TV host challenge: This was one of the best challenges ever!!! It was so awesome to see Sabine again, but I miss her long hair that she is so gorgeous with. I only know a little German, but I know most of the cusses, so I was laughing my ass off on the in car German host shots! FYI: The English subtitles weren't always accurate. :mrgreen: But it was hilarious, and I found myself rooting for the far less talented Brits every time. I loved watching the the Stig race, make a mistake, and still come back to win and race a very good touring driver to get it.

I think this was the best show of the season for sure and it definitely takes the taste out of my mouth from last week's fountain of diarrhea. Top of the charts, lads! Now test the bloody Corvette ZR-1 next series so an American car can head the power board! ;)