Season 11: best episode

Season 11: best episode

• Total voters

Laba

The season 11 is sadly over now :(

Please vote: Which episode was best and why?

Tell what did you like and what didn't you like about that episode or whole series..

Here's a recap of the episodes

Episode 1

The very latest Top Gear news and views from the usual team. Jeremy, Richard and James apply their minds to the question of what the British police should drive. At the moment Bobbies are forced to drive around in diesel hatchbacks, gingerly shuffling the steering wheel and letting criminals get away rather than risk scuffing their wheel trims. So, armed with no more than 1000 pounds each, the Top Gear boys set out to buy a bargain priced police cruiser that can take part in a dramatic chase without fear of costing the tax payer a packet if it gets broken. Meanwhile, James introduces a new member of the Top Gear team and steps aside so they can immediately make their mark on the show with a remarkable feat of daring. And as if that wasn't enough, Jeremy tears up the Top Gear track in the new Ferrari 430 Scuderia, the car that aims to put some passion back into the Italian supercar maker's increasingly nerdy and computerised stable. Plus, there's a break from the norm as the Reasonably Priced Car welcomes a pair of stars in the contrasting shapes of the Friday Night Project's Alan Carr and Justin Lee Collins. All this, and some sound advice about how to deal with rising petrol prices. Top Gear is longer, stronger, faster, better and probably a bit more on fire than ever before.

Episode 2

The new series continues at high speed as Jeremy falls in love with the Mercedes CLK Black, Richard uses the Audi RS6 to take on some annoyingly cool French skiers and James sets our in-house bravery expert an enormous challenge involving an MG Maestro. Plus, the new Mitsubishi Evo X and Subaru Impreza STi rally around the test track and Rupert Penry-Jones and Peter Firth go head to head in the Reasonably Priced Car.

Episode 3
The very latest Top Gear news and views from the team. Jeremy, Richard and James explore the idea that you can't be a proper petrolhead unless you have owned an Alfa Romeo by buying three slightly used Alfas, each for less than 1,000 pounds. Jeremy also conducts possibly the least appropriate power test ever as he takes the gargantuan Bentley Brooklands onto the track, and Gavin and Stacey actors James Corden and Mathew Horne are the stars in the Reasonably Priced Car

Episode 4

Top Gear undertakes one of its epic races as Jeremy Clarkson attempts to drive the remarkable new Nissan GT-R right across Japan faster than Richard Hammond and James May can make the same journey on the legendary Bullet Train. Plus, Richard tries Toyota's idea of personal transport for the future, the sensational Alfa Romeo 8C brings some glamour to the Top Gear track and news readers Fiona Bruce and Kate Silverton are the Stars in The Reasonably Priced Car.

Episode 5
Jeremy and James show off the ageing but massive luxury cars they bought for the price of a new Ford Mondeo. Meanwhile, the Nissan GT-R is given a thorough work out around Japan's legendary Fuji circuit and, straight from the Dragons' Den, Peter Jones and Theo Paphitis are the stars in the Reasonably Priced Car.

Episode 6
James kicks things off this week, driving around Japan in some cars you've never heard of, picking up a couple of interesting passengers along the way.

Back in Surrey, Richard gets his hands on the pig-ugly Gumpert Apollo, and then hands it to The Stig for a hot lap. We know it's a quick car, but you'll have to watch the show on Sunday to see if it's got what it takes to bag a place amongst the prettier exotica at the top end of the lap board.

Top Gear favourite Jay Kay drops in for a chat and has another bash at a lap in the Reasonably Priced Car. Everyone was banking on him to take the top spot on the celeb lap board and wipe the perma-smirk off Simon Cowell??'ss face in the process. The track's dry but the weather is warm enough to take the edge off a weedy engine's performance. 1:45.9 is the time to beat and Jay is hungry for victory.

Finally, the series signs off with a fight: Top Gear versus the Germans, and it's a proper battle so prepare to witness something special here. Just try not to mention the war.

Last edited:
Woohoo first voter. Episode six for obvious reasons.

Let's do this properly, FinalGear series awards... Best film, funniest moment, best challenge etc... subjective but hey... it's all good feedback for the show. :cool:

Reactions: MWF
Let's do this properly, FinalGear series awards... Best film, funniest moment, best challenge etc... subjective but hey... it's all good feedback for the show. :cool:

That's a really good idea. +1 from me.

Found this series quite weak on the whole, much of it feeling really contrived. Episode 6 the best by quite a long margin.

Until I saw ep 6, ep 4 was a shoe-in. But 6 was just superb - TG at it's very best.

I find it hard to choose between 4 (GT-R vs train) and 6 (D Motor vs Top Gear).

I was gonna say 6, but I have to say 4 because it was just mind blowing with what happened and the cinematography was unbelievable.

Episode 5 for me. 6 lacked the TG sparkle, probably because the boring Germans didn't say anything. Also, I'm still unsure about the way Jay Kay got to the top of the board. I thought they had stopped taking the fastest lap, and you only got one shot at it.

Episode 3.

'And if i can liken the whole global car industry to the human body, Toyota is the brain, Aston Martin is the face, Cadillac is the stomach and Alfa Romeo as we discovered last week - thats the heart and soul'

I know its episode 4, but who better than Clarkson to show us why episode 3 was a classic? :)

Japan race. Easily. Best race they've done I think. So Ep 4 it is. Ep 6 seemed odd and cobbled together, and the German thing was clearly cut pretty severely for time.

Last edited:
IMO, I think not only for this season but I think the episode 6 is the best ever!!
The race is not only take my breath, but I can't even blink when the Captain stig
was trying to take over the German in the final race.

100/10

^__^

I'd have to say episode 6, but episode 4 was also a great episode.

I think the only reason why I liked 6 more though was the SIARPC segment with Jay Kay. It wasn't boring, he wasn't plugging anything. He just wanted to talk cars, and beat that Idol Judge. It was the first episode of the series that I didn't have to fast forward through any bit (I usually fast forwarded through the SIARPC interview just because i found them to be boring).

Episode 6 was the best imo with Episode 4 close behind.

Episode 2 , that Evo vs STi segment was just bang on , the RS6 was also nice and the CLK 63 film as we all know is a future top gear classic

Until I saw ep 6, ep 4 was a shoe-in. But 6 was just superb - TG at it's very best.

:stupid:

I was hoping 4 would be the climax and then 5 and 6 were just slowly descending downwards to a good close but I was sooo wrong.

4 was fantastic, and 6 was even better! Richard hammond road testing, the SIARPC, fastest laps for both, the germany vs UK challenge, and James doing a review! What more could you ask for?

Episode 6, easily. Some good segments in the other episodes but as a whole they lacked the quality from Season 10's episodes.