Spoilers: Tickets for the Show

The planted audience members in club gear... I'm sure it was to make the show more eye catching to someone flipping channels. Let's face it, while there were some female attendees, without those extra females the place would have looked like a sausagefest on TV. That's just the way it is, if that's what it takes to help TGUSA succeed then it's fine.

Adam Carolla had the best joke of the night right before they began taping. He took the mic, looked at the crowd, and said "I know you're all anxious to get back to your computers and tell everyone on the Internet how shitty we were." The whole crowd blew up laughing at that, and it really got things going on a relaxed note.

Adam Carolla had the best joke of the night right before they began taping. He took the mic, looked at the crowd, and said "I know you're all anxious to get back to your computers and tell everyone on the Internet how shitty we were." The whole crowd blew up laughing at that, and it really got things going on a relaxed note.

So true. I forgot he said that!

I was the girl who asked the question during the news. It wasn't a plant; I was standing right behind the guys and just happened to have an opinion on the matter! (Which is why they had to re-shoot that bit, since I didn't have a microphone.) I'm not an actress, although I am an automotive journalist and have been on TV. But I can pretty much guarantee the directors/producers had no idea who the heck I was. But I guess it went well if it looked planned!

And by the way, I totally agree with the posts here and on the other thread about the chicks wearing the mini dresses and clubbing outfits. WTF?!

The show was way better than I expected, and the producers and crew were fantastic. But but did it bother anyone else that Eric kept pronouncing "Porsche" as one syllable?

Cheers,

Laura Burstein

looking at the video clips you have on your website, i see you've worked with jimmy kimmel. as most may already know, jimmy and adam are close friends and business partners. it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilty that adam recognized or remembered you.
http://lauraburstein.com/broadcast.html

btw, you are hooooot! :heart: you do a great job in front of the camera too. [/e-game]

Hey all, love the site. Didn't know about it until Andy mentioned it... pretty good plug for the forum for sure! Been a long-time TG fan, though. After reading through this thread, I just had a couple small things to add.

1) About the ticketing and lines: Tanner mentioned in his pre-taping intro that 2,500 tickets were given out for the 400 available spots.

2) About the eye candy: Most of them were pros... Adam said at the end that "most of you weren't even paid to be here." Plus, "Barbie" (anyone who was there will know whom I'm referring to) didn't roll in until just before 4pm and magically got in then appeared in the first row of every shot.

3) About the cast: I've seen mostly negative comments about Tanner, but I have to disagree... he may not be the biggest personality of the group, but he can drive circles around Adam and Eric. That guy is amazing behind the wheel. My guess is that he was a little nervous for the first big taping, but after a few shows he should be clowning on the other 2 with ease. All 3 hosts seem very "real" and down to earth.

Overall, loved the pilot and really look forward to the show, and to this site! :thumbsup:

looking at the video clips you have on your website, i see you've worked with jimmy kimmel. as most may already know, jimmy and adam are close friends and business partners. it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilty that adam recognized or remembered you.
http://lauraburstein.com/broadcast.html

btw, you are hooooot! :heart: you do a great job in front of the camera too. [/e-game]

Aww, thank you. And yes, there are some coincidences there. But I showed up because I've been a HUGE fan of TG for a long time, and I wanted to show my support. Especially considering many of the girls there just stared blankly while the hosts were talking.

And I do have to thank my coworker Jon for getting me a ticket. I was really sorry to hear about all the people who didn't get in. That's a bummer.

lol, here come all the leghumpers :lmao:

Dude, two things... 1) She's HOT! Seriously. and 2) She had the right answer. And like everyone else, i thought she was paid fluff until she and Shitty B got it on. There was no way brutal one liners from fluff is tolerated.
Way to go, Laura!

:leghumplikeamofo:

Did anyone else hang out by the huge yellow air conditioning tube? That was the best spot to stand but it was way in the back. I wanted to crawl inside of it, lol. The only person I saw there was edkwon and his Legacy, not sure if anybody saw my bright-ass xB in the parking lot.

I was there!

So was Chelsea (wrx grl), Travis (angry toaster), Joey (rallyroo), and Morgan (mopho)

And I saw edkwon too.

Did anyone else hang out by the huge yellow air conditioning tube? That was the best spot to stand but it was way in the back. I wanted to crawl inside of it, lol. The only person I saw there was edkwon and his Legacy, not sure if anybody saw my bright-ass xB in the parking lot.

I saw your xB...turned around, and it was driving away. So I never actually saw you, but I definately saw your car. I wish we had all a way to identify each other before the show!

Anyone see the darkish blue E46 M3 with out the badge on it in the VIP parking lot :think: ?

:D

I am bummed I didn't get to see or meet anybody!

Do you guys remmebr at the beginning when the stage manger with the super long hair had asked if anyone from the side wanted to join in on the audinence for the taping of star-in-a-reasnbly-priced-car...

I was like.. "I'll do it! :dance:" lol and i walked up rite to the front... i was wearing a green button down.

I'm getting tired hearing people talk about the American market like it is crap. Sure, we don't have the likes of European manufacturers, but some of the US marks are getting their act together. UKTG even said the new Chevy Malibu was a good looking car. Some of the following examples may be getting a little outdated, we also have the CTS(V), Chrysler 300C, Sky/Solstice, Cobalt SS (260hp/260tq, LSD, Brembos), XLR, Corvette, Camaro, Challenger, Viper, Mustang, Lightning (Gen II). I'm forgetting some, but I'll stop with the list. All of the above have a good aesthetic appeal or drive to make up for any visual shortcomings. Along with the above mentioned, we have some impressive tuners, with the likes of Hennessey, Lingenfelter, Mallett, Skunk 2, HAsport, Bimmerworld.

I'd love to see some of the American tuner cars on TGA. And on the show, give it a chance. I've noticed that many of the people on this site are overly critical. It is a show for entertainment, and you aren't going to be pleased all the time...but others will be. I look at it this way...this show is made for the presenters and we are along for the ride. As long as they are having fun and the people that are a part of the show are having fun, we are going to enjoy watching it...even if every segment show isn't the greatest thing introduced to the world (how could it possibly be week after week?). When I first started watching the show, I skipped SIARPC every time because I didn't identify with the stars. But after I became more interested I started watching the whole show, I had to go back to the old episodes that I skipped parts.

Last edited:
While it may be true that the folks in Europe can get all the cool cars, the fact of the matter is that the cool cars are so damn expensive there that no-one can afford them.

Add on $9 petrol, and you really don't see Supercars over there very often.

I used to live in the UK, and I can tell you that the "Europe is a Supercar Heaven" fantasy i just that, a fantasy.

The average American has a much broader choice, when it comes to affordable, yet fast cars.

Edit: I answered their question, not asked it. Duh.

I was the girl who asked the question during the news. It wasn't a plant; I was standing right behind the guys and just happened to have an opinion on the matter! (Which is why they had to re-shoot that bit, since I didn't have a microphone.) I'm not an actress, although I am an automotive journalist and have been on TV. But I can pretty much guarantee the directors/producers had no idea who the heck I was. But I guess it went well if it looked planned!

And by the way, I totally agree with the posts here and on the other thread about the chicks wearing the mini dresses and clubbing outfits. WTF?!

The show was way better than I expected, and the producers and crew were fantastic. But but did it bother anyone else that Eric kept pronouncing "Porsche" as one syllable?

Cheers,

Laura Burstein

ahaha that was you!? Me and my friends LOVED YOUR ANWSER!!! we were dying laughing haha! Well done!!

Hey.. have you hosted fast lane daily before?? and also the do you know the guy who was standing behnid you?? that was Chris Jones the guy who started www.streetfire.net