Nissan GT-R V-Spec "Corvette you'd better be fast..."

So long as everyone feels that the Nurburgring is the ultimate driving experiance/ driving mecha; then companies will continue to test there, and car fanatics of one degree or another will continue to compare their cars' respective times. It's like how people compare 1/4 mile times, horsepower, or even HP/L to show who's car is better.

I, for one, vote that the new bench mark track should be Monaco...
well, the Nordschleife is in fact the best benchmark we have, because it incorporates the largest variety of challenges to a car, and because there is no racetrack that I?m aware of that is as similar to a normal country road. It was conceived as a test track, not a racetrack...

Enough of the whole Nurburgring stuff... it's a good indicator, and thats it.
precisely...

and if you?re gonna complain about starting speeds or starting points, you need to analyse things like humidity and track temperature as well...

TBH I would get a Nissan before a Porsche, was just never a big fan of it.

To each his own I guess... I'd rather have a slick porsche or smooth audi, than a car that looks like a pokemon (with all other factors the same that is of course)

To each his own I guess... I'd rather have a slick porsche or smooth audi, than a car that looks like a pokemon (with all other factors the same that is of course)

I would obviously prefer an Audi (duh) but between the GT-R and the Porsche I always thought Porsche was uglier.

If I was going for highest performance for the price I would go for the ZR-1. It looks really good, and it can slide :) If we are just talking in the same price range the R8 would be at the top of my list. Possibly the V10 model (although I have no idea what it's going to be priced at). This is pure desirability nothing to do with how either drive or perform.

I wonder - is the Spec V's boost in performance over the stock GT-R really worth an extra $60,000? Reviews of other "hardened" supercars would lead me to say no.

So why couldn't they find this 200lbs and 40hp before? What the hell are they doing to need to double the price of the car for that?

I think James May was right about the whole lightened super car thing.

So why couldn't they find this 200lbs and 40hp before? What the hell are they doing to need to double the price of the car for that?

When sales of the GT-R start to drop, the V-spec will be released to renew interest in the car. There are development costs to take into account and they'll most likely sell the V-spec in much fewer numbers, so the price is somewhat justified.

That "520hp" figure most likely means you will be getting a car with about 800hp.

You drive a volvo. What does it matter if a car that you never own will have gazillion horses? :p Besides, you're biased GM fanboy, who is just annoyed that Chevy's best will get BEATEN again by a souped up Datsun :lol::mrgreen:

When sales of the GT-R start to drop, the V-spec will be released to renew interest in the car. There are development costs to take into account and they'll most likely sell the V-spec in much fewer numbers, so the price is somewhat justified.

I'm banking more on "double dipping."

You drive a volvo. What does it matter if a car that you never own will have gazillion horses? :p Besides, you're biased GM fanboy, who is just annoyed that Chevy's best will get BEATEN again by a souped up Datsun :lol::mrgreen:
Oh what the fuck, you're on this forum too. Get off the GT-R's nuts, I could care less if it beats the 'Vette, as I know it will. I just wish Nissan would release proper power figures, not this hilariously under-rated number. It was cute when Japan had the gentlemens agreement, now that they no longer have it instated, it's just annoying.

Also, at least I have a car to drive around in.

To everyone else. Sorry for the commotion here, this little t**t inhabits another forum I am on, and constantly starts shit to tick off people that like Corvette's. He is a full on GTR nutswinger. I am sorry he had to bring stuff from another forum onto this one.

Last edited:

Well with some lightened cars, they use new parts made of exotic materials to lessen the weight. In this case they're also probably going to be doing that on top of making it slightly less of a great everyday car in favor of performance.

That being said I agree with you, I find that such a large price increase unjustified and I'd be willing to bet that the price will be a lot closer to the standard GT-R when it comes out. Nissan doesn't need to make money on this car, it's just a showcase of their engineering ability.

I'm banking more on "double dipping."

Probably, but they are still developing the car as far as I can tell, so who knows. As stated, Nissan isn't going to make a boatload of cash based on sales of this car alone. So there is no reason to jack up the price for no reason whatsoever.

I just wish Nissan would release proper power figures, not this hilariously under-rated number. It was cute when Japan had the gentlemens agreement, now that they no longer have it instated, it's just annoying.

Tell that to BMW and Porsche who are notorious for doing the exact same thing for different reasons.

Tell that to BMW and Porsche who are notorious for doing the exact same thing for different reasons.
I've never actually heard of that.

I'm not doubting you at all, I'm just saying I've never heard that, so please don't take it in the wrong way, lol.

I just wish Nissan would release proper power figures, not this hilariously under-rated number. It was cute when Japan had the gentlemens agreement, now that they no longer have it instated, it's just annoying.

Every company that puts out hand built engines does this, you just don't see as many people people dynoing an AMG benz' to prove the #'s are wrong. They would rather say it has less HP than say it has 500 and have somebody dyno it and only put out 470. Outside of you and some magazine racers who play top trump all day who would complain about getting a car that has more power than they claim?

Over 100 from what it is claimed is a bit much, that places it in a completely different league of car to compare it against.

If you were any less of a moron you would have realized how completely stupid you sound.

Fortunately, you must be as stupid as you sound, so your comments are wonderfully irrelevant.

The agreement was voluntary and even though they've now broken it they're still wary of having the Gov jump in if they start a ridiculous HP war. They also won't service a modified car at a Nissan Performance centre (or so I heard) and your warranty will be voided in a bid to show their safety consciousness. They've allowed the speed limiter to be removed at racetracks for those who do want to use the car to its full potential.

They're between a rock and a hard place, trying to keep enthusiasts happy while avoiding the wrath of the road safety freaks in Parliament.

And I don't see the problem with underrated power.