FASTEST car you've driven

131 mph or 210 km/h in my Volvo S60 2,4 SE Sport, 2004 model

It did take some time to be honest:sleeping:

Hit a new record yesterday:

Indicated 295km/h on the A1 Autobahn in a Ferrari F355 during one of those rental for an hour thingis.

Felt fairly quick, sounded orgasmic.

EDIT: Venturing a question: Fastest man on FinalGear?

Last edited:
^No.

Who's faster?

I know i am.

Well, thanks for letting me know.

Even though it doesnt sound like much, my SRT8 is the fastest car i have ever driven. 60 ticks by in under 5 seconds, but i never got it to the track. its difficult to get traction off the line in these things, unfortunately.

Fastest cars around corners would be my old 3000GT. It wasnt a VR4, but out of what ive driven, that was the best.

And the fastest i have ever been was apparently 140, in that 3000GT, but i think the speedo might have been a bit....optimistic.

well, I made a 1/4 mile pass in my dad's 800+ horsepower '67 Nova with a blown 350 :)

Dunno about the speed thing though... probably 130mph on I5 in a line of other cars in my RX7..

I'm a real slow coach by standards here :blink:

Fastest car I've driven is my E92 M3 at about 190 km/hr (briefly), but that only pipped the 185 km/hr I did in my 4th Generation Honda Prelude on the Eyre Highway in Western Australia ... which happens to be the longest stretch of straight road (without a bend) in the world (157 km before a gentle right hander and another 84 km straight). Thing is, that speed is a bit of a rush, but I find it rapidly rather tiresome .... not helped either by the paranoia of being clocked by the cops. :cry:

lol, I've never actually driven a fast car.... fastest would probably be the a3 diesel I took my driving lessons in... or maybe my dad's old volvo 850....

but I have driven fairly fast, despite not being in a fast car.... took the volvo to about 220kmh on a slight downhill... (137mph for all you people using medieval units)... gotta say that feels pretty scary... considering there was quite a lot of traffic at the time.

However, as traffic permits I usually drive about 180 (that's 112 castles per horse for all you brits/yanks) on my daily commute (which is as fast as my car will go)...

I'm a real slow coach by standards here :blink:

Fastest car I've driven is my E92 M3 at about 190 km/hr (briefly), but that only pipped the 185 km/hr I did in my 4th Generation Honda Prelude on the Eyre Highway in Western Australia ... which happens to be the longest stretch of straight road (without a bend) in the world (157 km before a gentle right hander and another 84 km straight). Thing is, that speed is a bit of a rush, but I find it rapidly rather tiresome .... not helped either by the paranoia of being clocked by the cops. :cry:

I suggest you get yourself to a racetrack ASAP.

And then let me borrow your M3. :p

^ I'm going to Philip Island in a couple of weeks to drive someone else's M3 ... hopefully should do a PB there :lol:

Ummm, I can't drive, so does a ride in a Continental GT at 180km/h count?

Havent had the opertunity to try thousands of 'fast' cars but i have to say the fastest thing i have driven so far in my life was an R32 Skyline GTR that had been imported from Japan tweeked to around 850hp. Was like a bullet in a straight line and was amazingly good at going around corners too, although i think the best car for cornering i have tried myself would have to be a 1999 Subaru Impreza Sti Turbo. NOt nearly as quick as the Skyline but it cornered so well, infact i dont mind using the old phrase "like it was on rails"!! Incidently the forementioned Skyline had a massive engine fire not 6 months after i had a go in it and the ownder was lucky to get out of the car alive after it literally burst into flames while travelling at 80 down a motorway!!!

well the fastest overall is my friends 911 targa and i guess that counts for corners and speed to,scince everyrhing else ive driven is letsay extremly heavy.

Driven an Ariel Atom, factory NZ Demonstrator
Driven my own Lotus 7 with 20v Toyota power
Driven a Twin Turbo Toyota Supra of my fathers, we reeled off a heap of 0-100 times!
Fastest i've been is 300+km/hr on my old 2005 GSX-R1000 superbike, and it was still pulling....
and many others :)

Fastest car I've driven myself is my own car, but fastest I've been is my uncle's Evo IX MR with 400whp at 170mph