What ONE car would you want to own/daily drive if you were a show presenter?

Nice choice, woofle :)

I think this thread has a little... well... problem ;) Even James has cars besides his daily driver - and I think it should be: 2 cars for $300.000. Then there is space for a toy AND a daily driver and you can have all you need (remember you can drive the coolest cars all day long at work) ;)

Chris

Nice choice, woofle :)

I think this thread has a little... well... problem ;) Even James has cars besides his daily driver - and I think it should be: 2 cars for $300.000. Then there is space for a toy AND a daily driver and you can have all you need (remember you can drive the coolest cars all day long at work) ;)

Chris

The only problem is you don't seem to get this is a hypothetical exercise with restrictions and making a singular choice given a set of parameters. If you don't like the rules then you don't have to play the game, simple. Everyone else who has replied seems to understand what i'm asking.

I'll have to say an Aston Martin DBS, for these reasons:
Comfortable, mile-eating grand tourer
Not so flamboyant as to be ostentatious
Shows a high class of taste in cars while not being over-the-top
Performs well, while not sacrificing character or comfort.

Ferrari F40. I wouldnt stop smiling/live long enough to care about fuel, insurance or impracticality.

you honestly think you could live with a car like an F40 day in/day out?

The only problem is you don't seem to get this is a hypothetical exercise with restrictions and making a singular choice given a set of parameters. If you don't like the rules then you don't have to play the game, simple. Everyone else who has replied seems to understand what i'm asking.

First, it's no personal offense from my side. Secondly: it was a suggestion. And finally: Read your thread and see: I played it after the rules you have set and I have already posted my dream daily driver - a Jag XF (propably).

Chris

First, it's no personal offense from my side. Secondly: it was a suggestion. And finally: Read your thread and see: I played it after the rules you have set and I have already posted my dream daily driver - a Jag XF (propably).

Chris

i read your earlier post, but youre still missing my point w the suggestion, it has less to do with cars than w making choices where no option is ideal, i.e. you can't have it all. I'm just using cars because this is a car forum and everyone here can identify with that analogy vs something more obscure.

I'd go with either an XJS that has been re engineered by KWE so that it properly works or I'd go with an Alfa Spider (new one in blue), nice cars which would be comfortable and stylish as daily drives.

Last edited:
Ferrari F40. I wouldnt stop smiling/live long enough to care about fuel, insurance or impracticality.

You say that now, but wait until you start noticing your urine has turned pink from the beatings the F40 gives you on the road.

Subaru Forester STI, I just love how its fast on and off the road.
130_0207_109_z+2006_SEMA_auto_show+subaru_forester_STI.jpg

i Honestly don't think there is one car made that i could live with. I mean i kinda despise the Audi RS vehicles because they're fast without being that exciting (would make more sense if i had a autobahn in my backyard, but i don't.)

EEhhg, okay, I'm surprised I'm saying this but i think if i could have a DBS that looked like a DB9 (at the very least proper taillights instead of the dumb altezza bull crap) i might be able to live with that, although i really doubt i could handle only have 1 car. Especially when none of them are small or Italian.

Subaru Forester STI, I just love how its fast on and off the road.
130_0207_109_z+2006_SEMA_auto_show+subaru_forester_STI.jpg

that's actually a great choice, and not just because im a subaru owner, but my friend has a heavily (stylishly) modded Forester turbo and it makes me think of switching to a mini SUV with greater utility and ground clearance, but still quick.

Because I am the typical American with no imagination, a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1. It's big, it's loud, it's got presence, and I'm only going for the Mach 1 because there are no cheap Boss 429's.

A stock yugo and drive it ironically

This ...
After%20Satin%20Black%20-%20Nova%20Front%20Right%20High%20%20-%20110707.jpg

And I should have plenty left over for the gas bill :p.

I'd go with either an XJS that has been re engineered by KWE so that it properly works or I'd go with an Alfa Spider (new one in blue), nice cars which would be comfortable and stylish as daily drives.

Oh yeah, I temporarily forgot about KWE. I'd have them do a nice Series 3 XJ6. Maybe convert it an AJ16 engine and a 6-speed manual.

1984 4 cyl rustang with $299,900 in the trunk :)

Really thought, to daily drive ... Rolls Royce Phantom, it would have to be 07 because brand new they are a bit more than 300k. There is a black 07 with under 1,000 miles on ebay for under 300k so I will count that one.