Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some threads when I click the 'new posts' link, I'm taken to the top of the 'last' page, and I ccan't get to the last page. It's happend in a few different threads, the ringmeet, funny pics, random thoughts ect. I don't get that redirect pop-up message though, I used to get that when that happend.
All of Alok's posts are currently set to hidden due to real life drama currently going on at his uni over some pics he posted.

They'll be returning soon, but meanwhile vB seems to have a bug related to paging threads with hidden posts. This means that it thinks posts are on different pages than they actually are. The JS script would just keep redirecting to the wrong page.

^Ah, okay :)

OK, NSFW section suggestion. Could we give it its own subsection of the main forums? As of typing, it's a subsection of the Off-Topic section, and as such new posts from the NSFW section show up in the "latest post" link on the main page in the Off-Topic section, with no identifiers. For those of us who surf at home and at work, it's a bit risky to click on a link that sounds clean and get sent to a NSFW thread.

I just suggest a bit more separation between NSFW and everything else.

Where it's located wouldn't affect how it shows up in the new posts search. It will always say "NSFW" in the far right column and the URL will always be "NSFW" in it.

Not the New Posts Search, the sectional Last Post link on the main forums page. No NSFW labeling on that apart from the URL, which is really easy to overlook.

Oh, you actually use that? heh

I'd really rather not move the NSFW forum out to it's own as that'd make it rather prominent. I want it somewhat hidden.

I'd advise you to either leave the group (no NSFW stuff) or just not use those links on the right. The "New Posts" search is 100x better anyway. ;)

Oh, you actually use that? heh

I'd really rather not move the NSFW forum out to it's own as that'd make it rather prominent. I want it somewhat hidden.

I'd advise you to either leave the group (no NSFW stuff) or just not use those links on the right. The "New Posts" search is 100x better anyway. ;)

For some reason, I cannot force myself to use the New Posts search and I have no bloody idea why. I mean it would make my life so much easier, yet I cannot get myself to do it. I think I like hierarchy compared to just dump everything in one place. I dunno though, b/c I use Gmail and Spotlight on the Mac to quick find things instead of digging through that hierarchy. I dunno.

For some reason the Youtube embeds don't seem to be working for me

The only show the "Youtube" bar at the top and not the actual player/tracker thingy

If it's any help, I'm running Firefox 3.

Dunno what to tell you. Extensions perhaps? :?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2UUunlI2Q[/youtube]

I have no idea why this is hapenning, but the vid you posted above worked even though the vids on the rest of the forum don't

I have no idea why this is hapenning, but the vid you posted above worked even though the vids on the rest of the forum don't
I was having the same problem for a while too. I think it turned out to be Adblock was blocking them. Adding this rule to my filters solved the problem:

Code:
@@youtube.com

Am I the only one that gets resized sigs for some people, like this

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mg/mgkdk/2008/07/30/hmmm.jpg

Is that because it's too big? the bar makes it even bigger (and more annoying)

Yes, if your signature is over the maximum allowed size of 600x175, it will resize it.

I could hide the yellow bar, but I like that it's annoying and should be a hint that the person needs to resize their signature. ;)

This isn't an entirely serious suggestion, as it would be quite unwieldy to implement, but it'd be fun to have a script to automatically tag any Clarksonism, Hammondism, or Mayism within a post with an icon of the relevant presenter. People are using Clarksonisms pretty often anyway, and it'd be interesting to see if there are any instances where people are using them unconsciously.

This isn't an entirely serious suggestion, as it would be quite unwieldy to implement, but it'd be fun to have a script to automatically tag any Clarksonism, Hammondism, or Mayism within a post with an icon of the relevant presenter. People are using Clarksonisms pretty often anyway, and it'd be interesting to see if there are any instances where people are using them unconsciously.
Possible via the same kinda way YouTube videos are handled, but I don't really see the point.

Not really much of a point, just a random little thing that came to mind. I figured I'd record it somewhere before I forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.