If You Were The "Boss"

Code:
[B]United States Toyota[/B]

[B]Keep[/B]

Aygo (Add a 108 Hp fuel efficient motor and sell it to the teens and their parents as a cost effective,safe, and fun small car for new drivers price under $9,800)

Yaris (Add 130HP fuel efficient motor,change driving dynamics to be very sporty, and up interior quality.)

Camry (Add a diesel variant also)

Prius (Add a dieself variant if possible, and develop a better looking body that's more well practical as well as fun to drive)

Rav4 (Add a Hybrid/Diesel variant, and also fill the void the FJ left with an off road package that is as good or better than the FJ.)

Land Cruiser (Add a diesel variant)

Highlander (Keep as is)

Tundra (add a 4.0L diesel to the 1/2 ton, create a HD series with the best diesels possible and price them to cruse the Ford F Series.)

Siena (Liven the thing up a bit and make it more appealing since the Honda has the upper hand here.)

[B]NEW
[/B]

MR-2 (Light weight built w/Subaru 4 cyl, and made it cheap)

Celica (Bigger MR2 w/Subaru w/AWD)

Supra  (GTR Killer with 600whp v6TT best AWD possible I have money right?)

[B]DITCHED[/B]

FJ

Scion Brand ( Use the factories that produced these cars for Aygo,MR2,SUPRA,Celica Production.)

All variants of the Camry such as the Solora and Avalon

All I want to do is get the brand more lively and more gear toward the whole market of people obviously some of my ideas are out there, but I think you could make money, and make some cars more enthusiast based cars.

Last edited:
If I were a car company owner all I would make are "sport", "hypersport" and "race" cars.

So I'm not the best one to ask here.

IMO a thread like this would do much better with a failing company. It's kind of hard to want to change the most profitable car company in the world and the #1 company in world wide sales.

Since VW just passed ford in world wide sales Ford is in dire need of a rehaul. (which is coming)

The supra lost too much money last time and them and Scooby are making that RWD car with the boxter engine so any "take the is250 engine add 50 hp and put it in a cheaper body" idea is kind of pointless.

The only thing I would like to see is them ditch the Yaris and bring over a diesel Daihatsu Aygo. The yaris can still be the livestrong bracelet but for people who actually car about saving money could get the off-brand city car. Sell it for $9,200 or just under whatever Kia/Hyundai is the cheapest at the moment so it can be marketed at "the cheapest car in america" and if it can even get 50mpg I am sure there is a huge chunk of America that would be all over it. Although it would kill sales of other cars, probably not a very sound move for a company already making money left and right.

If I were in charge of Chrysler, I would bring Tom Gale out of retirement, and hire back all the engineers and product planners who worked under him in the early 90s. Gale was the guy who styled the Viper, the Neon, and the LH cars, which brought Chrysler back from the brink without needing the Iaccoca-era loan guarantees. Basically, they made Chryslers that people wanted to buy (ones that looked good, drove well, and were roomy), not cars that they needed to buy (the K-cars and their derivatives: cheap, fuel efficient, etc). I mean, how hard can it be?

Close the company down. All they make is hateful, boring little dull-boxes.

If I were in charge of Chrysler, I would bring Tom Gale out of retirement, and hire back all the engineers and product planners who worked under him in the early 90s. Gale was the guy who styled the Viper, the Neon, and the LH cars, which brought Chrysler back from the brink without needing the Iaccoca-era loan guarantees. Basically, they made Chryslers that people wanted to buy (ones that looked good, drove well, and were roomy), not cars that they needed to buy (the K-cars and their derivatives: cheap, fuel efficient, etc). I mean, how hard can it be?

I'd do that also, and then sack the people who came up with the Dodge Caliber, the Dodge Nitro, the Jeep Compass, the Jeep Patriot, the Jeep Commander, the new Chrysler Sebring, the new Dodge Avenger, the Chrysler Aspen, the interiors of every car across the range, the "$2.99 Gas Guarantee", the Chrysler Imperial concept, "The New Chrysler" slogan, those who thought counseling was needed for the split, the fine folks at Chery who thought Americans aren't xenophobic enough to gobble up Chinese cars from sheer desperation, and the damn Pentastar. Case closed.

Here's what reckon
toyota.jpg

Kept:

Aurion (including TRD)
Camry
Corolla
Yaris
Avensis Verso
Rav4
Landcruiser 200
Landcruiser Prado
Landcruiser 79
Hilux
Prius
Hiace

Replacements:

4Runner and/or Surf (replacing Kluger. We have the V6 Rav so Kluger is not needed)

NEW:

MR-2 ( MX-5 rival)
Celica (semi sports coupe)
Supra (super coupe)
TRD Corolla (needs a hot hatch)
TRD Yaris (needs a supermini)
TRD Aurion AWD
Landcruiser 200 V6 T/d (some people don't need V8's)
Landcruiser 79 V6 T/d (as above)
Camry Hybrid

DITCHED:

Kluger
Tarago (not really needed as we have the Avensis)
TRD Hilux (money could be better spent else where)

Some of your choices reflect you'd make a great car fanboy but a lousy company CEO. The prius is such an enormous money maker that axing is basically saying 'please fire me!'

Yeah, I probably wouldn't axe the prius. But I'd give it a facelift, make it a bit more upmarket and up the price a bit. New prices:

UK: ?20,000 - ?25,000
USA: $25,000 - $30,000

Tomorrow I will pick a different manufacturer for us to "take charge of" so please give me some suggestion of what you want! :D

007_ford.png

As suggested next up is Ford What would you change?

Code:
[u]UK & Europe[/u]

Keep:

Ka (new one + keep 1st generation as budget car (like the clio campus) until 2011. (It will be sold during 3 decades then)
Fiesta (new)
Focus (Including ST + RS)
Focus CC
Kuga
Mondeo
S-Max
Galaxy
GT

Ditch:

Fusion

Replace:

C-Max (new one that comes in 5 seater & 7 seater)
Range

New:

2nd Generation Puma (13k 130bhp lightweight coup?)
Mustang Coup?
Mustang Convertible

FORD USA
Seeing as its easily my least favorite of the Big Three and how I generally dislike Ford, this will be interesting. Lets see...

Redesign the Focus and make it sporty and fun again. The first gen cars were great, except for their extremely poor reliability.
I wouldnt dare touch their trucks except for the Ranger - gotta make it a better Tacoma/Frontier rival.
Taurus is extremely boring and too similar to the Fusion so why have them both? Bye-bye Taurus.
Mustang needs a better interior and the V6 needs to be ditched. I like that the Camaro will have a 300hp base engine. GT500 is a porker. Make it lose some weight or drop down in price to no more than $40k. Then it becomes an SRT-8 and Challenger rival.
Expedition needs a MAJOR redesign. It is nowhere near being a Tahoe/Sequoia/Armada rival. Same goes for the Explorer - major redesign. It used to the the most popular SUV in America, now no one buys them due to horrible build quality and design and poor reliability. Explorer Sport Trac is just totally useless and has to be dropped.
The Escape needs to be re-done as well to become a proper Rav4 rival.
And the Edge is just dumb. Drop it.

Close the company down. All they make is hateful, boring little dull-boxes.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous statements ive read so far. i really don't get where the 'hateful' part comes in.

Fusion-Keep- it's one of the only good cars in the Ford range.
Focus- Replace with European model- Ford should have done this 3 years ago
Mustang- Complete redesign for 2009, add EcoBoost engine as Standard
Taurus- Just get rid of it, it has no real place in Ford's range
Flex- Ugly, but still popular, so keep it
Edge- Keep it, but add the EcoBoost
Taurus X- See the Taurus above
Escape- It's a 7 year old deign that's in dire need of a revamp
Explorer- The worst model in the range, replace it with a new model based on the Explorer America concept
Sport trac- Get rid of it, It just doesn't sell
Expedition- Redesign it- it needs a redesign to compete with Tahoe/Sequoia/Armada
Ranger- Completely redesign it
E-series- Slowly replace it with the European Transit
F-series- Keep it

New Models
Fiesta
Ka(maybe)

20070514-toyota-logo.jpg

IQ - The concept is fine, stick with only two seats like the Smart Fortwo, just make an engine that is less than 999cc with a minimum of 70bhp and all is well, gasoline and diesel.

Aygo - Ditch the 3-door version, it's ridiculous to have it since the car is small enough with 5 doors. Besides, for the 3-door version fans, there's always the IQ.

Yaris - Make a mini-break version, an MPV and a SUV. Make a CC version too with metalic rooftop.

Auris - 3-door version and 5-door version with a sport-version to fight the VW Golf GTI and others.

Corolla - It should have a break version to accompany the 4-door sedan. Also, a 2-door coup?. MPV and SUV is obligatory. A cabrio version based on the coup? with a fabric ceiling, not some CC nonsense.

Avensis - 4 and 5 door versions, along with the break, the MPV and the SUV. Also, make a coup?, 407-style and a cabrio.

Since we would get SUV versions starting with a smaller one based on the Yaris and a big one based on the Avensis, ditch all the current SUVs.

Starting with the Yaris, every car would have a Prius-style version, equipped with the Hybrid engine.

The Prius would keep on prodution.

A new MR-2 - with a new name - to fight the Mazda MX-5 and a new Celica to go against the VW Scirocco. Let Lexus deal with the super-sports cars.

You couldn't get rid of the Rav4 though! Its a great seller! :D

If i could get BMW to make lightweight and stunning yet good looking cars i think that would be a wonderful day. Sadly Count Goertz is dead, so i suppose Wolfgang Josef Egger could do the job.

On a more realistic note, i can't wait to see what Wolfy churns out for Lamborghini.

I say bring ye old Tercel back! Just kidding. Having been in a lot of their recent cars, I would say they would need to improve on the quality of the materials and fittings. The Prius is a cash cow for them and keeps their "green" image, so that stays. The Solara is big, ugly, and outdated so it really needs to go. The Corolla needs a facelift, and they need to bring back at least one of their sports cars.

Get rid of everything and start again. This time, inject some charisma into your cars.

People who buy Toyotas don't look for that. They just want a sensible, reliable car that works well on a day to day basis. People who want a more emotionally involving car will buy something else.

Actually ditching the Prius isn't a bad idea. That way we can relegate it to the history books and promote the numerous (and IMO better) hybrids in the Toyota stable. This way the Prius could be seen as genesis, with its genes living on in the "h" models like the LS600h. Later on, a Yaris "h" or Corolla "h" can easily take its place as a super-frugal small-car hybrid, and lower production costs by sharing body panels with the rest of the production car line.

Ford America

Keep:

Focus
F-Series Pickup
Ranger

Ditch:

Taurus
Taurus X
Edge
Fusion
Escape
Explorer
Exhibition
Power-joke diesel engines

Replace:

Taurus thats actually
Large Station Wagon
M5 contender Sedan
New Mid-Size Sedan
Large well-appointed sedan
Small Sedan 3-series contender

New:

Ford GT with 750 hp and 900 hp options, RWD, maybe all-wheel drive
Ka
Mondeo
Mustang with the good old 5 liter, and 7 liter (427)
650 Front engined corvette, viper contender to slot between mustang and gt
RS versions of every car, that haul ass
Cummins Engines in Trucks, ass Ford owns part of cummins
Focus that competes with the Evo and Sti, but hauls more ass
Flagship car would be that Cobra concept with at least 650 hp, 2300 lbs
Bronco, off road jeep beater, NOT SUV, REAL OFF-ROAD CAR
little tiny car with lots of power that hauls ass better then Europeans and makes them mad, and makes no sense in the model lineup other then to piss car companies off
Thunderbird, that that does suck ass
Miata Contender with around 250 hp, lightweight, and nice to drive

Big Fucking Ice Cream Van, that has 600+ ci engine, no mufflers, sick ass paint job and Hybrid Drive, for enviroMENTALists

Any suggestions for what car manufacturer to do next? (please)