Top Gear England vs Top Gear America vs Top Gear Australia

I like the idea, but as most people on here, I'd wait for both new shows to develop their own style etc.
After that, it'd be brilliant.

Also, I don't think the Stig(s) should be included. As far as i'm concerned, there's only 1 stig and he's the fastest of everything on earth

Good idea. Battle of the colonials versus the convicts. Although let's not jump to conclusion just yet. We still haven't seen any of these programs yet and we don't even know if they will get the green light for a second season.

If they do have a challenge, I say let the presenters fight it out, and let the outcome be true and fair. But... if they have their Stigs race, fake the end of the race to have it result in a photo finish of all three coming across the line at the exact same time, even if this requires connecting a beam or two between all three cars, which would be hidden from the camera view. Thus, all Stigs are equal (as there is truly only one, but he can be in more than one place at a time)

After watching the recent challenge, I really hope they don't bother competing with each other. I have the feeling that the American presenters might try and steal the show too.

But wait a minute.
Im concerned about the Stig. I remember reading somewhere that they flew the Stig to America did his test run then flew him back home again.
So I don't think there are 3 stigs.

That was ages ago for a different Pilot that never got anywhere.

If they do have a challenge, I say let the presenters fight it out, and let the outcome be true and fair. But... if they have their Stigs race, fake the end of the race to have it result in a photo finish of all three coming across the line at the exact same time, even if this requires connecting a beam or two between all three cars, which would be hidden from the camera view. Thus, all Stigs are equal (as there is truly only one, but he can be in more than one place at a time)

Is it legal to clone a Stig? :lol:

You need to take a cutting and grow it in a cup of race fuel first. It's a tough job, cloning a Stig.

The only problem would be for the cheap car challenges im not sure what the Australian team would use because as far as i know Holden has only been exporting to the UK for afew years which means im not sure there would be any cheap Australian cars in the UK to buy.

Are there any 1980's Commodores and Falcons in the UK?

I think Mitsubishi exported a few Sigmas over there in the 1980's. (perhaps called the Mitsubishi Lonsdale or something like that). I wonder if the early 90's Sigmas I can find on the UK Autotrader site are Japanese or Australian-built.

[B said:
Top Gear England[/B]
Jeremy Clarkson
Richard Hammond
James May
The English Stig

He is the Stig. All other Stigs are slightly inferior

/realizes everyone has a fear of sharp objects and restraining devices <_<

You've just accidentally explained why there hasn't been a cloned human yet, aside from all the science stuff of course. :D

/realizes everyone has a fear of sharp objects and restraining devices <_<

matt2000 said:
You've just accidentally explained why there hasn't been a cloned human yet, aside from all the science stuff of course. images/smilies/biggrin.gif

So we should be expecting a Max Mosley clone sometime soon.

I think it'd be a great idea to do an episode (or movie!) including all three versions. Even if AU or US gets canceled they could still bring them back for the special, but I'm being hopeful that they'll both survive to lead long prosperous lives.

As for the Stig, either they can just do with one (like letting him set a time and having the rest try to beat it) OR someone'll have to contact the mother ship and order two more. But I would never stand for the other two to be compared to the true Stiggy as being anything but less.

^ Eww. It's Biology all over again. *runs for life*

I have two possibilities for this epic epic.

The first is a three parter. Part 1 in England, cheap cars, one of the challenges would have to be driving across the country to get to a track and then racing. Part 2 in Amerrrca, could do supercars, race across the country through the long straight roads to the twisty mountain roads. Part 3 in Australia, off roading in the outback (Hammond gets to relive his role as a driving god).

Or like a regular TG epic race, but times 3. It could be done a couple ways, like they could each have one supercar and another form of transport. Or better than that they could do three races, one on each continent, and the home team gets to drive supercars (obviously wouldn't have to be domestics) while the others take two different non car routes.

edit: or or or or they could do an epic race, a cheap car challenge, and a silly TG build challenge.

Last edited:
I have two possibilities for this epic epic.

The first is a three parter. Part 1 in England, cheap cars, one of the challenges would have to be driving across the country to get to a track and then racing. Part 2 in Amerrrca, could do supercars, race across the country through the long straight roads to the twisty mountain roads. Part 3 in Australia, off roading in the outback (Hammond gets to relive his role as a driving god).

Or like a regular TG epic race, but times 3. It could be done a couple ways, like they could each have one supercar and another form of transport. Or better than that they could do three races, one on each continent, and the home team gets to drive supercars (obviously wouldn't have to be domestics) while the others take two different non car routes.

edit: or or or or they could do an epic race, a cheap car challenge, and a silly TG build challenge.

Episode 1 (USA) - Races and challenges (like the England vs Germany segmant only bigger). Lots of really weird challenges.
Episode 2 (Australia) - Cheap Car Challenge - From Sydney via Melbourne to Perth. Presenters must choose cars built in their own country.
Episode 3 (England) - Supercar Challenges along with other comparable challenges (eg best car under ?25,000, ?50,000 and ?100,000). Each group of presenters must choose cars built in their own country (or designed if necessary).

Get them in to the Britcar 24 hr. modding their car of choice (for a given Budget) and racing in the same class. Or make them have the same car and its a level playing field 3 x old BMW Diesels.

Nearly impossible considering The Stig's fear of sharp objects and restraining devices.

And don't forget to add Scouts to that list as well, he's terrified of them.

I thought he reproduced via cell division.

I'm not 100% sure that that's how he does it. After all, wasn't it said that if he were to appear on <insert reality show here> that he would have gotten everybody pregnant, including the cameraman?