- Blaupunkt sound system

a-579.jpg

a-578.jpg

a-577.jpg

a-576.jpg

a-575.jpg

a-574.jpg

a-573.jpg

Cool. But, um, no suspension mods yet? How much does the rear squat when you get on the throttle?

Yeah, most 944T guys build the engine up and then realize the suspension (and often the brakes too) need to be upgraded to match. All too often, the budget has been blown by that point.

Way back when I was club racing 944's (the ultra-cheap, 2-valve NA versions), I used 650# springs on the front, and gun-drilled 28mm torsion bars on the rear. The sway bars were stock units from an '87 or so 944T with the M030 suspension option. I ran 15x8's Fuchs all around and "rolled" the lip of the wheelwells. While in there, I would remove the stone guard from the front discs, and that let plenty of air in. I never cooked my brakes, and rarely did any engine mods. The cars would be competitive just like that.

I have a friend who still has a 944T club racer. He's got it for sale, though. It was built out of an '88 944S and an '89 944T-S. I'd buy it just to help him out, but I've already blown my own budget with the collection I've got.

Very nice car. Always wanted one. Drove a few at the time and always felt the 944 was the best balanced Porsche of them all.

Steve

That is a very lesbian car. Very clean, I like the 994 in dark gray.

It's all fun and games until the water pump croaks. I hope you make upwards of $50,000 per year.

I will own one of these one day. For anyone doubting how fast they are, a guy on our club has run a confirmed BTG time of 7.57 on the 'Ring with nothing more than uprated springs.

Awesome. I'll have to add it to my list of cars to get, then.

that is a truely magnificent car! one of the best looking porsches around

Love those things. Get on the suspension mods, fast!

Very nice car!

That car looks mint!

Why must you make me want a 944 more?
Honestly.
Amazing car, lucky person to have it : )