Britcar 24hrs - 2008

I'm thinking about going to Silverstone, its a bit of a trip from Cornwall and will most likely will be fucking expensive on the train but it would be my first 24hr race!

anyone think TG will be on the entry list?

I'm thinking about going to Silverstone, its a bit of a trip from Cornwall and will most likely will be fucking expensive on the train but it would be my first 24hr race!

I wish you well. Taking a train to Silverstone is brave. Getting from train station to the circuit should be fun;)

If we'd planned better we could enter and run our own car!

I could still get my FIA license pretty easily. We should do this!

Steve

I'd be up for it if TG are there I think - the wife may let me, I'll do some shopping with her and then beg. ...

If we'd planned better we could enter and run our own car!

I could still get my FIA license pretty easily. We should do this!

Steve

If we're going to make a FinalGear privateer run at a major endurance event, we'll need 1) at least a $30,000 budget, 2) a FinalGear technology center, 3) a mechanic called Steve, and 4) to begin soon.

I volunteer for second driver if my SCCA license qualifies me for an FIA license. :lol:

An SCCA National Competition license should qualify you for an FIA license. I'm not sure that a Regional Competition license would.

I think if you snoop around the Britcar site they have a section where teams are solicting drivers (where the driver pays to be part of the team). That's probably the easiet way to do it, unless we can get people in the UK involved :)

Steve

I think if you snoop around the Britcar site they have a section where teams are solicting drivers (where the driver pays to be part of the team). That's probably the easiet way to do it, unless we can get people in the UK involved :)

Easiest? Yes. Cheapest? Yes. Lamest? Yes.

Perhaps I'll call up my friend Richard Branson and see if he'll spot the cash for a Virgin Atlantic Corvette ZR-1.

An SCCA National Competition license should qualify you for an FIA license. I'm not sure that a Regional Competition license would.

Steve

Couple of Britcar drives going there: http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewContents.cfm?departmentName=Classifieds&subDepartmentName=Drives

Or we could get together and buy this GT3 spec Viper that's going: http://pistonheads.com/sales/642779.htm

Going to Silverstone by car is most likely cheaper than the Train.

I went last year to the FIA GT with Grandad and Mum's Partner, we only had to stop once for petrol in a V6 Jag S-Type.

A provisional list has been released now: http://www.britcar24hr.co.uk/cms/news.php?item.676.1

No sign of Top Gear, but the team that helped Top Gear last year, Thorney Motorsport (see there info on helping TG here) is entering a VX220 which doesn't have a driver line up...could this be TG? I doubt it tbh

Would be fun if TG did it in the Caddy Van

I wish you well. Taking a train to Silverstone is brave. Getting from train station to the circuit should be fun;)

Station... Silverstone... good luck with that... what with being an ex-airfield it's not really near anywhere built up..

This might work..

Question : What do you get if you're bored, have a year old mini DV tape packed with rushes sitting in front of you, some video editing software, and an hour's worth of spare time?

Answer : A work in progress...
[YOUTUBE]qtEXxFvt0ZY[/YOUTUBE]