Aston One-77

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Aston Martin has released the first image of its newest flagship ? the limited edition One-77. Details are scarce, but the One-77 will be powered by a hand-built 7.0-liter V12 nestled inside an aluminum and carbon fiber chassis. 0-60 times are estimated at 3.5-seconds, with a top speed cresting 200 mph.

77 examples of the ?1 million coupe will be produced and customers will be able to customize the bespoke supercar to meet their individual tastes. The One-77 will be revealed later this year (Paris?) and will go on sale shortly afterwards.

This will be the first all-new vehicle from Aston Martin produced after the brand was sold by Ford to a group of investors spearheaded by Prodrive's David Richards. We're also curious to know if the One-77 will play a part in Project Alligator, the rumored collaboration between Aston and Mercedes-Benz. All details will be revealed in due time. Until then let your eyes feast on the only image we have of the upcoming One-77 supercar.
Link

This is the released pic.
http://img371.imageshack.**/img371/7973/aston77revag3.jpg

I photoshopped this to try to show more.
http://img527.imageshack.**/img527/4219/aston77th6.jpg

Looks like half DB9, half 599.

Last edited:
half Vanquish, half 599, half pig

It costs more than a Veyron, so it better be damn impressive. From the picture it just looks like a sleeker DB9 without a backseat.

Who cares what it looks like? :roll: It's sexy as hell and it'll go like stink, and that's all that matters.

Bah.

It's the same bloody Aston DB9 design, but enhanced with kinks, SLR-slashes and so on.

Aston, please. I love you. Learn to draw something new?

I guess when Aston left Ford they took some tracing paper and the GR-1 with them.

ford-shelby-gr-1-concept-george-saridakis.jpg

Thats freakishly generic to me. I'm actually kind of worried about Aston all the sudden. With that said they have been known to make really eccentric cars from time to time, so hopefully their base cars will continue to be beautiful.

Am I the only one that likes it? Seems to me that this is what the DBS should have been, sans the ridiculously large price tag.

Am I the only one that likes it? Seems to me that this is what the DBS should have been, sans the ridiculously large price tag.

No, I agree with you. The DBS, IMO, is too much like the DB9 in terms of appearance.

I photoshopped this to try to show more.
http://img527.imageshack.**/img527/4219/aston77th6.jpg

Looks like half DB9, half 599.

They really just blatantly ripped off the side features of the C5 corvette didn't they? ugh

corp_0410_24_z+C5_corvette_classic_design_concepts+completed.jpg

No, I agree with you. The DBS, IMO, is too much like the DB9 in terms of appearance.

Gee, I wonder why...seeing as the DBS is a higher-spec DB9 instead of a clean-sheet redesign. (Like this.)

Am I the only person who's frightened by the state of the world today when people consider Aston Martins to be boring? :unsure:

Gee, I wonder why...seeing as the DBS is a higher-spec DB9 instead of a clean-sheet redesign. (Like this.)

Am I the only person who's frightened by the state of the world today when people consider Aston Martins to be boring? :unsure:

Youre missing the point, theres nothing wrong with the AMV8/DB9/DBS design, the point is they take a fantastic design, overuse it and basically ruin a good thing with overuse til it becomes tired. Just like creators of a hit tv show who let the show drag on WAY too long til it just sucks, instead of letting it go out on a high note.

Aston builds a $1million dollar halo car, they really should push some design boundaries so it really stands out from the rest of their great lineup.

That's only like three cars there (four with the departure of the DB7). While I agree that the DBS is completely useless and unnecessary, I don't think that the V8 Vantage and the DB9 should look any different. Aston has a strong design language thats beautiful and stands out. Why should they change it? Sure the E90 3 series looks different from the E46, but does it look any better? Your choice.

Aston builds a $1million dollar halo car, they really should push some design boundaries so it really stands out from the rest of their great lineup.

You can't fault Aston for having an evolutionary design principle rather than a revolutionary one. Do you really think they need to come up with a clean-sheet design after every model, especially considering how highly regarded their current designs have been? I see this as an evolution of the Vanquish with the same design trends as their current lineup, and listing every sports/GT car with a long hood and short deck as what it's copied from is not only annoying but completely ridiculous. No design is an island.

Case in point: claiming it looks exactly like a C5 Corvette because its side strakes are somewhat remotely similar. (The door ding strips on the picture you posted were optional equipment.) Ooh, plagiarism...:rolleyes:

Besides, if they had come up with something completely different there'd be no end to the anguished complaints. Then again, it's the Internet, where we never stop bitching...

Aston Martin has been boring since the DB9 came out. Though I will admit that the V8 Vantage is pretty good looking, but even that doesn't seem to stand out among much more common cars. Everything after the Vanquish just looks bland and uninspired. Just look at this sketch of this One-77, I would have no trouble believing that this was the replacement to the V8 Vantage. After looking at it for a little while, it's almost ridiculous to think that this is a halo car for Aston Martin that's being sold new for $1.5 MILLION+.

Fine, it may not look like a million bucks, but does it have mind blowing performance figures to set it apart from the rest of the lineup? Not really. With a 0-60mph of 3.5 seconds, it's a bit quicker than a DBS. But the top speed of 200mph is about the same. Aston Martin is about luxury as well as performance, but I really doubt that this One-77 is going to be any more luxurious than the DB9 already is.

But it's unfair to completely judge a car before it's even been produced, so we'll see if it turns out to be interesting after all.

Fine, it may not look like a million bucks, but does it have mind blowing performance figures to set it apart from the rest of the lineup? Not really. With a 0-60mph of 3.5 seconds, it's a bit quicker than a DBS. But the top speed of 200mph is about the same. Aston Martin is about luxury as well as performance, but I really doubt that this One-77 is going to be any more luxurious than the DB9 already is.

The Lamborghini Reventon is a glorified Murcielago with a body kit that gets blown away on a track by a (whatever rickety thing you built in a shed with assloads of power and a Corvette engine). Still didn't stop a whole bunch of rich tossers from plonking down $1mil for them, though. Same thing here: it's exclusive, and there's a price to pay for it whether it can cure cancer or not.

Internet racing gets old after a while, you know.