Aston One-77

This is retarded. The Veyron went super expensive, and now every other car manufacturer comes along, states a price most people would reserve to buy a proper house, or two, and presents some limited edition car thing, which is supposed to validate the money needed to acquire one.

Just because you have carbon fiber in your car and can reach 200mph doesn't make it worth a million of any currency. Unless your in Japan.

I like a lot. Sure 1 million is way too much, but then again I'll probably never own an Aston so I don't care.
Looks brilliant, and given the rather massive engine it'll go like shit off a shovel too.

*NooDle seal of approval*

This is actually based on the Vantage platform - and with carbon-fibre body work and new aluminium components, you should expect some very low numbers for kerb weight.

The DBS makes 380kW with a 6.0-litre V12... this thing is a 7.0-litre.

Few people realise also that the Vantage has an exceptional chassis, you would be surprised at just how nimble that little thing is.

Fair enough the price seems steep, but even $250,000 is rediculous for anyone here, so I couldn't care less about the price tag.

Not as stunningly gorgeous as the DB9, but still a damn fine looker.

You can't fault Aston for having an evolutionary design principle rather than a revolutionary one. Do you really think they need to come up with a clean-sheet design after every model, especially considering how highly regarded their current designs have been? I see this as an evolution of the Vanquish with the same design trends as their current lineup, and listing every sports/GT car with a long hood and short deck as what it's copied from is not only annoying but completely ridiculous. No design is an island.

Thank god, some sanity in this thread.

Thank god, some sanity in this thread.

IT BURNS!

Anyway, it looks interesting... if it weren't so expensive, I'd salivate a bit more.

Hi-res poster with added pretentiousness.
http://img527.imageshack.**/img527/9592/177eo1.jpg

Shockingly I love Aston. :rolleyes: but i'm struggling to like this... I just wish it was more like the 80's Zagato, or even the DB7 Zagato.
With a limited edition you can do anything, why make a McCallum special?

p.s. For the same money you could buy 2 DBR9's.

The Lamborghini Reventon is a glorified Murcielago with a body kit that gets blown away on a track by a (whatever rickety thing you built in a shed with assloads of power and a Corvette engine). Still didn't stop a whole bunch of rich tossers from plonking down $1mil for them, though. Same thing here: it's exclusive, and there's a price to pay for it whether it can cure cancer or not.

Internet racing gets old after a while, you know.

You can't judge a car solely on specs. All I was saying was that based on the picture and the numbers they gave out, the One-77 doesn't wow me at all. I'm sure it's fast in every sense of the word, but it doesn't really seem to be that far off from a DBS. And I'm trying to avoid bench seat racing/internet racing and judging how a car would drive based on nothing. Plus I'm not claiming the Z06/GT-R/any other car is more desirable because it has nearly the same figures (except price of course). But I would expect more than what they claim.

I think the Reventon is a waste of money too. Minus the front/rear end and some interesting design details, it's the same thing as an LP640. But the Reventon is easily one of the most aggressive looking cars I've ever seen. It's basically a way for Lamborghini to make a little cash and a whole lot of excitement.

As far as exclusivity is concerned, there is a difference between the Reventon and the One-77. The Reventon is just a special edition LP640 of which only 20 were produced, they can charge any amount of money and all would be sold in a matter of days. With the One-77, as far as I can tell, it's a completely new car made by Aston Martin. For that reason, it doesn't sound like Aston is trying to pull a fast one and sell a slightly modified DB9 for over a million dollars because of exclusivity.

Case in point: claiming it looks exactly like a C5 Corvette because its side strakes are somewhat remotely similar. (The door ding strips on the picture you posted were optional equipment.) Ooh, plagiarism...:rolleyes:

The claim was that it ripped of the side features, not that is looks exactly like a C5. It goes deeper than the strakes and ding guards looking similar. the relative size, shaping and orientation of the duct are very similar and the lines from indentation for the duct are carried back a similar distance into the door. They are not identical, but I noticed the similarity immediately upon seeing the pic.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ! You have seen a barely distinguishable picture of the side of a car and you already decided it's the same all along, it's a plagiarism and it deserves to burn. We have NO GUARANTY whatsoever that all this details are accurate, but a lot of people are eager to jump on the "Aston is remaking the DB7 for decades" bandwagon. Shut up already.

Oh, almost forgot: a renewed Aston, with a bigger engine is always a good thing. At least for me.

The overall sense of Astons that I get just from watching Top Gear is that there was the DB9, and it was good. Then the rest were all overpriced, overweight rubbish that consistently gets beat by its competitors. But they don't care, they're no longer interested in selling a good car, they're selling the flashy James Bond car. Who cares how it goes 'round a track, right? It's an Aston and it looks brilliant and tons of footballers and movie stars are going to buy one while they're still hot. And now it looks as though they have extended this into new monetary heights. I guess they think they can compete with the Veyron just by making it cost the same!

Get a grip Aston!

P.S. I guess Hammond was right all along.

Last edited:
I think their tactic with this car is to make a rubbish over-priced car that some clown is going to have to buy because he wants to be one of the only people in the world (stupid enough) to own the car. You're paying for the Aston badge with not much to show but that.

You guys are over analysing this car to death. An Aston is a fairly simple beast, it has to look pretty, be elegant, loud and fast, all without being too vulgar and disgusting. This car does everything an Aston should.

You haven't even seen the car in the flesh yet and you're arguing like a bunch of toddlers over a teething ring. Pull yourself together!

I have to say that if this rendering turns out to be accurate, then damn, Aston Martin has taken the DB9's basic design cues to new heights of beauty and aggression without looking like it's trying too hard. I'm happy that Aston Martin has managed to do what Porsche has, they have built up a design identity so strong that they won't need a new basic design for at least another 10 to 15 years. Anyway, when it comes to this one I think it's a natural evolution. The side vents looks more like a natural evolution of the ones found on all previous Aston Martins rather than some Corvette knock off.

One funny thing is that Aston Martin has chosen to go forward with a carbon fiber monocoque for the first time on a road car, yet they retain the hand beaten aluminium body panels, now that's classy... :cool: Also this might be leading the way for Aston Martin to switch from the old bonded and riveted VH-aluminium platform that dates back to the Vanquish (and the Project Vantage) to an all carbon fiber monocoque. Therefore this might be a clever move at ?1 million effectively paying for the development of said chassis so that it can be used in lesser (not the most sitting word) Aston Martin models later on at a much lower cost. Seeing how Aston Martin are doing these days, I doubt that the projected 77 examples will spend much time on showroom floors. I'm fairly confident that as soon as it's publicly shown all of these will probably be spoken for.

This is retarded. The Veyron went super expensive, and now every other car manufacturer comes along, states a price most people would reserve to buy a proper house, or two, and presents some limited edition car thing, which is supposed to validate the money needed to acquire one.

Just because you have carbon fiber in your car and can reach 200mph doesn't make it worth a million of any currency. Unless your in Japan.

What really irks me is that any car manufacturer will come along, rebody one of their existing lineup, and claim to build only 1.33333 available for the world as a sign of its EXCLUSIVITY and RARITY. Is it beautiful? No. Is it fast? Possibly. Is it of any valuable purpose whatsoever? Maybe. Is it rarer than hen's molars inside Jimmy Hoffa's shoe? More exclusive than a true statement from Mopar Man? YES, YES, YES, HOLY SHIT I JUST ORGASMED, quoth the Monopoly Man. And thus, the pretension.

I suppose it's all ok in the name of art, but personally I never bought into the elitism anyway. And when you're in the business of mass commodities it just reeks of annoying gimmickry.

I say its definitely not worth the money... so its useless and rubbish

I'd kill everyone of you to own one.

That is all.

Im suprised no-one mentioned it looking like a granturismo, because it does..

If the price is correct, this thing needs more than 1200 brake-horsepower to be satisfactory.

Last edited: