Random Thoughts....

image108.jpg

Umm, no. :lol:

The Freddie Mercury tribute concert has to quite simply be one of the greatest, if not the greatest gig to have taken place on this planet. The greatest musicians in the world all together to pay tribute to one of if not the greatest talents to have blessed this planet. Singing some of the greatest songs ever written in the place where Queen did arguably their greatest ever gig.

You can't really get more special than that.

I just moved all the furniture around in my room, now my head is screwed up, and I keep thinking things have moved around in this room too. :?

:cry: It's all wrong. And it's missing a pedal and I bet the acoustics suck.

*I'm a pianist*
Not to mention the seat which is way too far from the keys.

*I'm an ex-pianist*

:p

But it looks awesome!

*I'm a shit-pianist*

I think it's cool.

/dating a pianist.

:cry: It's all wrong. And it's missing a pedal and I bet the acoustics suck.

*I'm a pianist*

It's got three pedals, the middle one is moved forward for whatever reason. You can see the three bar things going up to the main part (sorry for the lack of technical terms). It was a collaboration with a German piano maker Schimmel, so the acoustics may not be off. Plus Lenny Kravitz, Prince and Eddy Murphy are owners of the Colani/Schimmel Pegasus. And at least two of them are legitimate musicians :p

Here's a few paragraphs about it from other sites if anyone wants to know a little more about it.

A collaboration between Italian designer Luigi "Allergic to Straight Lines" Colani and German piano-makers Schimmel in the late 1990s, the Pegasus grand piano looks like something you'd see on a Star Trek set.

Updates to the classic form include a slightly curved, ergonomic keyboard (eliminating any need for the player to move their body), an electrically-controlled hydraulic lid (to control projection) and a fully adjustable integrated leather stool. With over 200 strings under a total tension of 176,520 newtons and a key assembly with over 100 pieces (both standard to Schimmels), it's clearly a world-class instrument. In fact, only 14 were ever made (the likes of Eddie Murphy, Lenny Kravitz and Prince are all owners) and this one is up for a cool $110,000. Alas, the provenance is from a music store owner and not a celebrity, but that shouldn't prevent you from bidding or appreciating it.

The Schimmel / Colani ?Pegasus? Grand Piano is the synthesis of the creativity and artistry from world-renowned designer Professor Luigi Colani in close cooperation with Schimmel Pianos of Braunschweig, Germany.

Wilhelm Schimmel built his first piano in 1885, and four generations later the harmonious symbiosis of tradition and avant-garde exclusively enables the three-dimensional monocoque construction of the Pegasus, giving the player a closer feeling of becoming part of the music.

Professor Luigi Colani reimagined the traditional 88 keys and gave the classic grand piano a futuristic organic shape with some virtuoso upgrades. The Pegasus features a ergonomic curved keyboard ( i. e. the keys exhibit a slight curvature ) that encompasses 7 1/4 octaves, a electrically operated hydraulic lid that allows you to control the specific amount of projection desired, a fallboard ?soft close? system, the original Schimmel Triplex Scale ?CAPE? precision soundboard tri-dimensionally curved and formed with a ?high performance? back assembly with tension collector, a Sostenuto pedal (middle pedal), a fully-adjustable integrated black leather upholstered stool extendible in width, height, and distance to the keyboard, and a hard-wearing professional lacquer finish resulting in a grand piano of breathtaking elegance.

@ Derek: The seat is adjustable too! :D

And some more pictures:

http://img144.imageshack.**/img144/8610/pegasuspiano1co1.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.**/img144/5388/97881471ag8.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.**/img144/2292/56204219ju7.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.**/img144/381/78258836fw5.jpg

I still don't really like it. I guess I'm just more traditionalist as far as musical instruments go.

I have to admit that hydraulic lid is pretty cool though!

^If he ever gets a G-Wiz, he'll be sure to avoid ramming it into benches as well as tables.

Woop! Got offered a job today! (Sure it ain't much, but for me, its plenty thanks) My first job! Come see me in September in Sainsburys! :lol:

Woop! Got offered a job today! (Sure it ain't much, but for me, its plenty thanks) My first job! Come see me in September in Sainsburys! :lol:

I'll come in and knock some milk on the floor so you have to clean it up. :p

Looks like the whole BT thing fell through for me, so now I'm applying for many different IT hardware engineer apprenticeships.

That piano is awesomeness.

Imagine if you had egg chairs like from Mork 'n' Mindy, this piano would fit right in with your decor.

I don't play any instruments (aside from randomly strumming my Strat), but the piano is one of my favourite instruments in terms of the sound it makes... along with the violin and ukulele. But obviously the sound of the electric guitar is the one I couldn't live without.

Welcome to Sainsbury's my fellow colleague.