Sexual harassment okay as it ensures humans breed, Russian judge rules

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
A Russian advertising executive who sued her boss for sexual harassment lost her case after a judge ruled that employers were obliged to make passes at female staff to ensure the survival of the human race.

By Adrian Blomfield in Moscow
Last Updated: 1:12PM BST 30 Jul 2008

The unnamed executive, a 22-year-old from St Petersburg, had been hoping to become only the third woman in Russia's history to bring a successful sexual harassment action against a male employer.

She alleged she had been locked out of her office after she refused to have intimate relations with her 47-year-old boss.

"He always demanded that female workers signalled to him with their eyes that they desperately wanted to be laid on the boardroom table as soon as he gave the word," she earlier told the court. "I didn't realise at first that he wasn't speaking metaphorically."

The judge said he threw out the case not through lack of evidence but because the employer had acted gallantly rather than criminally.

"If we had no sexual harassment we would have no children," the judge ruled.

Since Soviet times, sexual harassment in Russia has become an accepted part of life in the office, work place and university lecture room.

According to a recent survey, 100 per cent of female professionals said they had been subjected to sexual harassment by their bosses, 32 per cent said they had had intercourse with them at least once and another seven per cent claimed to have been raped.

Eighty per cent of those who participated in the survey said they did not believe it possible to win promotion without engaging in sexual relations with their male superiors.

Women also report that it is common to be browbeaten into sex during job interviews, while female students regularly complain that university professors trade high marks for sexual favours.

Only two women have won sexual harassment cases since the collapse of the Soviet Union, one in 1993 and the other in 1997.

Human rights activists say that Russian women remain second-class citizens and are subjected to some of the highest levels of domestic abuse in the world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...nsures-humans-breed,-Russian-judge-rules.html

I sure you guys know this already but I think it needs to be repeated. Russia is a corrupt shithole of a country!!! The only difference between today and the mid 90s is that today all of the gangsters have reached (higher) positions of power in the government (Putin included).

Last edited:
Wow...at least the Italians don't mean it all the time, see Berlusconi.

I know it's just one court case, and one survey... but wow, Russia... wow.... What next, clubbing women over the head and dragging them back to your place?

Bloody hell.

"the employer had acted gallantly, rather than criminally." He what?!?!

Ridiculous.

see but the test would be if the next case that comes before the judge the ruling was "your far too ugly for her and quite frankly we arnt that hard up to see your retched kids"

In defense of Russia (but not of this ruling), their birthrate is exceptionally low.

I sure you guys know this already but I think it needs to be repeated. Russia is a corrupt shithole of a country!!! The only difference between today and the mid 90s is that today all of the gangsters have reached (higher) positions of power in the government (Putin included).

Fixed

Funniest bit so far is Russia claiming that these additional forces are to aid their "peacekeepers" in the region.......lol.

Them barbaric russians must be blown to bits with our nukular weppins, so we can saves theys womanfolk.

I find it funny that a person named SuperStalin is posting in this particular thread. Not insulting you, but just funny. :D

Re main topic:

Should we be sending our prettiest sheep over to end the problem, or are they going to be insisting of NZ 'pretty sheep by any chance?

1. Stalin wasn't Russian.

When will Americans learn that not everyone desires to be as politically correct as USA? What's ok for the puritans is not ok for other nations.

Calling the Russian people "sheepfuckers" is racist. Some judge ruled differently than something you've grown accustomed to in TV series like "Boston Legal", and you get all worked-up against the entire Russian people.

Calling the Russian people "sheepfuckers" is racist.

That's wrong, because Russians are not a race. If he'd called Slavic people 'sheepfuckers', it could have been racism. As it stands, the closest correct term is nationalist, i.e. one that believes his country's way is the only 'right' way.

Actually, it would be "chauvinist", but who cares... the word racist is the only one people actually react to,
and realize that they could've said/done something bad.

good thing i left that damn country 14 years ago.

It shouldn't be funny, but its Russia!!