PC sim racing heaven... coming soon from the makers of GTR and RACE

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
Just have a look at this and tell me it doesn't make your mouth water.

RaceSimCentral.com said:
SimBin Launch GTR Evolution Website E-mail
Written by James Burgess
Thursday, 03 July 2008
GTR EvolutionApply the sunblock! SimBin Studios AB announced today that the flaming in-game video trailer for GTR Evolution has been released.

In the second half of August 2008 GTR Evolution will take GT and WTCC Extreme cars to Nordschleife, the holy grail of racing also known as ?the Green Hell?.

Check out the hot video trailer and some cool screenshots at:
www.gtr-evolution.com

About GTR Evolution for PC
GTR Evolution contains 5 new classes of the finest cars with a total of 30 new models to race. In the GT classes players can experience legendary cars like the Corvette C6R, Aston Martin DBR9, BMW M3 GTR, Koenigsegg CCGT and Spyker GT2R.

Even more exciting are the all-new WTCC Extreme cars. These are pumped up fictional WTCC car designs developed by SimBin in cooperation with the FIA WTCC, and are exclusive to GTR Evolution.

The racing thrills continue with the Production Car Class featuring the street versions of the Audi R8, Dodge Viper SRT/10, Koenigsegg CCX and Gumpert Apollo. Overall, GTR Evolution offers 49 unique cars in 12 classes with more than 500 variations as well as 19 tracks in over 40 different layouts including the legendary N?rburgring Nordschleife.

Features
In-Game File sharing to up- and download setups or ghost files while being in the game.

Race-line in Time-Trial is a feature inspired by the Race-line in GTR2 but features more options. There are distinctive brake-markers to indicate braking points, the game can now show two Race-lines simultaneously. These Race-lines including their ghost-files and setups can be up- or downloaded in-game as well.

Upgraded Replay system with the possibility to not only save the full replay after the race but also the instant replays that can be viewed during the race.

Nationality indicator for the player-profile will now be equipped with a flag and a country indicator following the player throughout the game.

Game modes
Championship functionality for full integration of the GT cars to run an endurance championship as well as a touring car championship. This functionality is also added to the Custom Championship, allowing the player to mix in the GT cars and WTCC Extreme cars with the other content.

GTR Evolution is distributed by Atari in Europe, Viva Media in the US, Akella in Russia, QV software in Australia and Zoo in Japan. The release is set for the second half of August 2008.

DBR9, Corvette C6.R, Gumpert, Koenigsegg... and "extreme" WTCC cars with 600+bhp???

DO WANT.

http://www.gtr-evolution.com/index.htm

Can't wait for it either.
I hope it enables night-driving (for endurance racing).

Sadly it doesn't feature all of the cars GTR2 did :(

Edit: and I hope the "Top Gear Test Track" for gtr2 works with it :p

Well duh, it will have night driving, of course. GTR2 has a similar night mode to rFactor, and because they do include GT cars in here, and will probably include some sort of simulation of the 24h of Spa (like GTR2), it should have night mode.

What I'm looking forward to, however, is the RAIN.

Like they said in the description: "If you see black clouds on the horizon... be afraid. Be very afraid."

Supposedly this comes out in 2 days, so get your wheels ready...

I like the sound of this, it might get me into some sim racing. The problem I have is that wheels are expensive, and as far as I'm concerned sims cannot be played with keyboard/mouse. I do have an xbox controller though, so maybe I'll do it that way just to try out in LFS or something. I may have some tinkering to do...

Being SimBin, it's going to have +decent physics (unlike GRID), +decent damage (unlike console stuff like GT4) and +decent weather (unlike rFactor).

BRING IT ON!!!!! My steering wheel is ready.

Looks and sounds nice, but I wonder what the physics are like. :dunno:

I'm so buying a steering wheel tomorrow.

Well actually i've been meaning to for a while, but this is a good excuse to do it now.

Have GTR2 and it's awesome, so i'll be buying this for release day for sure.

I couldnt wait for that... I used to race on race07 daily..

THEN I found out about iRacing. Havent looked back since. Its miles, miles better than race07 In pretty much everything.

If you guys have a chance, take a look at their website or youtube videos... Its really out of this world how nice it is. And it gets better by the day, as they update it often.

Don't forget that GTR Evolution is an expansion to Race 07...

I couldnt wait for that... I used to race on race07 daily..

THEN I found out about iRacing. Havent looked back since. Its miles, miles better than race07 In pretty much everything.

If you guys have a chance, take a look at their website or youtube videos... Its really out of this world how nice it is. And it gets better by the day, as they update it often.

But it costs $15 per month, and you gotta pay extra $ for cars & tracks, it may be better, but that 'paying for everything' is something stupid imo :yucky:

But it costs $15 per month, and you gotta pay extra $ for cars & tracks, it may be better, but that 'paying for everything' is something stupid imo :yucky:

+1 Though I still might check it out.

Yeah, I'm loving iRacing, it's a very fun sim to play :). I payed for a month but I don't think I'll resubscribe till near the end of the season, because I am a brokeass college student.

Hopefully they will release a demo... If not, I guess I'll find a friend who has the game to try it out, or something. Wonder if we can move the historix mod right over into that game w/ the physics intact :D

Anybody tried it yet? My Inet is so goddamn slow this week since they "readjusted" something after I complained about dropouts and partially low bandwidth on reconnects... Talk about irony, their cure it to make it even slower, stupid fuckwats...

I've got it, and i think it's good, haven't tried everything yet because i'm of to work in about an hour. the Nords is really good, and i think it is the most realistic ever made as it is modelled using CAD-data (i think, because the rest of the tracks are).

it is not yet released here, but i think i'm gonna buy it as soon as it hits the store. it looks good. for people who are in doubt, 'find' it somewhere and try it. if you like it enough buy it ;)