Geohashing Fail!

Do you mean geocaching? Tied to a buoy, maybe?

It does not mean you did the calculations wrong, geohashing is going to be pretty random so it giving you a location out in the middle of nowhere (or the sea) is expected.

This from the wiki:
"Every day, the algorithm generates a new set of coordinates for each 1??1? latitude/longitude zone (known as a graticule) in the world. They are randomly placed -- they could be in the forest, in a city, on a mountain, or even in the middle of a lake! You can use this wiki to document the daily coordinates (geohashes) you've been to. "

I know this is an old thread, and I apologise, but I have never heard of this before, and have ignored the thread. I just did a Geohash for me right now, and it took me to an interesting field about 20 miles away. I really like the idea of finding the co-ordinates, and then just following a map or sat-nav until you get to that point. I wasn't sure if the field had access to cars, but there was a gate. :D

I might have to get an iPhone just for this, since I can take it out of the car and walk with it.

It was a mine field. But zombies explode out of the mines. But right before the zombies eat you they fall over and die and explode into 436 chipmunks. The chipmunks gnaw you to death. But you don't actually die, you get whisked away to Narnia by a wardrobe that had come to life and started running about. Then you wake up at home in your bed with little penises for fingers. The little penises are floppy.

It was a mine field. But zombies explode out of the mines. But right before the zombies eat you they fall over and die and explode into 436 chipmunks. The chipmunks gnaw you to death. But you don't actually die, you get whisked away to Narnia by a wardrobe that had come to life and started running about. Then you wake up at home in your bed with little penises for fingers. The little penises are floppy.

I think I'll wait until tomorrow then. The destination will be over the road by then I should imagine. :D

just a quick note to the OP. Can't you swim that bit? How hard can it be?

Emerald Isle is a great place, my friend and I share a condo down there.

Is this anything like spinning a globe, pointing to a spot and going there? :D

Is this anything like spinning a globe, pointing to a spot and going there? :D

Yes, but with computers.

To the OP: Just make an amphibious car. I mean, how hard can it be?

Hmmmm...time for a new fantasy race maybe?

This isn't going to work...

http://img528.imageshack.**/img528/3762/img0001nv8.png

Is that the new iPhone 3G with GPS? And have you actually tried to go geocaching with it? I tried with my original iPhone and that didn't work too well at all. I have still yet to try it with my new iPhone.

Is that the new iPhone 3G with GPS? And have you actually tried to go geocaching with it? I tried with my original iPhone and that didn't work too well at all. I have still yet to try it with my new iPhone.

No this was with the original iPhone, but I was connected to WiFi so it was kind of cheating. I'd imagine that with the built in GPS on the new iPhone you could be a whole lot more accurate with the hashing. Let me know how it goes with your knew phone as I'm considering getting the iPhone 3G if the iPhone dev team releases the software unlock for it :p