This is how Dennis should have handled spygate

Roadster44

Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
don't understand why nascar would implement different restrictors and rules for different manufacturers...never understood that in any racing. why must you punish the best preforming teams who worked the hardest for their performance. If anything other teams (COUGH roush racing COUGH) should just shut the hell up and work harder to build better cars instead of being such a little bitch all the time...last year it was Hendrick Motorsports, this year its JGR Toyota.

I am so happy that Toyota is having such a great season to shove it to all the nay sayers from last season.

It was a political move, look at IRL. Chevy couldn't even touch Honda or Toyota, so they left. Remember Hornish at Panther and how horrid his last season was there? All due to engines. I think nascar cannot afford to annoy GM or Ford, so they're desperately trying to even out the competition even if it means taking away legal advantage.

I also think since its nationwide series, they were trying to look out for the little guy. But where was such decision making when in earlier in decade winston cup regulars would take 15 spots and send full-time teams home?

Yeah, in my opinion Dennis should have kept his trap completely shut until absolutely everybody had carried out their investigations and they had a semi-concrete view of what happened. Blindly defending your team was probably the most naive management decision he ever took.

I still feel it was something that he honestly believed though, when he made those comments in Britain about the team being completely clean. McLaren is a huge part of his life and has been for over 25 years and he's tried to apply his own core morals and beliefs to the company, and its something which he's done very well. However, as it happened there had been a leak somewhere and it showed that despite having built the team up into the huge empire that it currently represents, he no longer has supreme command. I wont deny that McLaren could've handled it better though.

However, the issue is done with, so there's little point to this thread other than giving the McLaren haters something to feed on.

The big common truth here is that the director/manager/whatever-you-wish-to-call-him cannot always know what each member of the team is doing. And sadly the actions of one or two or five people reflect on the team. You cannot have full control of a large organisation like Mclaren!

However, the issue is done with, so there's little point to this thread other than giving the McLaren haters something to feed on.