Anti Virus software for network

SiR_dude

Car(s)
2000 Civic SiR
Hey dudes

Anybody out there have a recommendation for anti virus software? I've convinced my boss we need to ditch our archaic Symantec - I'm currently testing the new AVG 8 - but I am so far very unimpressed with its massive scan times and the fact that it takes FOREVER for my laptop to boot up.

Anybody have some advice? I'm on a small network with 1 server and about 20 clients, some of which are roaming. I want an anti virus solution that I can deploy and manage centrally, from our server.

we just benchmarked a few enterprise solutions from eset nod32, AVG enterprise and sophos. We are leaning towards sophos because of its AD integration and ability to find new machines and automatically install the software and apply different policies depending on the name of the computer or the AD OU. It also simplifies things because it supports windows os x and linux, one AV to rule them all. Sophos also used the lowest resources in out file copy tests. We dont have many mobile machines but it is supposed to have a great system for updating when the client is on network and reporting all of its stats to the central console. You can get their demo from their website and test it out for a while.
LINK

How is Trend Micro for hogging resources? I'm currently ready to boot AVG out the door due to its pain in the arse loading of the computer. Apparently 8.0 is wreaking havoc among many former AVG 7.5 fans.

I'm reading up on Sophos and will maybe download the demo version. I've also heard good of Avast and Avira - anybody here have an opinion on those?

ESET Nod 32 is very light on system resources..

That's what we have at work, and it works beautifully.