4-Door Koenigsegg?

Blackout89

If the Porsche Panamera and the Aston Martin Rapide aren't exclusive or fast enough for you, wait until the Geneva Motor Show next spring. A report from Car Middle East claims the mad men over at Koenigsegg are planning a four-door, all carbon fiber, 700 HP super sedan to make those others look like photo-chopped liver. The report also claims the car is planned to hit the showroom in 2010, and has been under development for two years. But what about the boasts? Well, Koenigsegg?s Dubai manager said the car "will weigh less than any other performance saloon on sale, and will have a top speed of 350 KPH." Cause nothing says "I'm badass" like a 217 MPH afternoon with the family.

http://njection.com/blogs/jalopnik/archive/tags/Koenigsegg+4+Door/default.aspx

I think this coulb be quite interesting but I haven't found any renderings yet, so no idea what it will look like.

Last edited:
Could be interesting, but most people will probably say, "Omfg, not another sports car manufacturer making a 4-door saloon."

Also as it's going to be a Koenigsegg, gonna be A LOT more $$$ than the Aston Martin or the Porsche equivalents as the CCX costs like $700,000.

Cause nothing says "I'm badass" like a 217 MPH afternoon with the family.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Why do people frown upon a super powerful 4 door monster? What happens to a car if you add more doors to it that's so terrible?

^Because it makes it practical. It's a total contradiction. Your dad would approve.

Could be interesting, but most people will probably say, "Omfg, not another sports car manufacturer making a 4-door saloon."

I don't see an issue with a sports car maker producing a sports saloon - it still fits their 'core' values. I mean it's not like a sports car maker producing a 4WD for instance...

Why do people frown upon a super powerful 4 door monster? What happens to a car if you add more doors to it that's so terrible?

Some people don't like 4dr cars. Have a friend like that, he believes anything with 4 doors is ugly and would look better if it lost the extra doors.

I understand the reasoning behind doing that but at the same time when companies like Porsche and AM start making 4dr cars it seems like they are diluting their brand. One of the reasons people like Ferrari/Lambo/AM/Porsche/Koennigsegg/ETC... is because they produce impractical fast and loud cars. There is a bit of a rebel/kid appeal in those, making it 4dr makes it "conformist", there is also quite a bit of "well if they are going to do this, what's next?".

I mean look at Audi and Subaru, both started as balls to the wall rally gods and are both being criticized for going soft (major complaint about the new STi). There is fear that the same thing will happen to the supercar manufacturers.

Don't forget Bugatti tried to make a 4 door saloon a while ago.

Called it the Bugatti 218. I can't decide if its a good or bad thing that it never made production.

http://img172.imageshack.**/img172/3640/bugatti218003hi8.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.**/img134/671/bugatti218002zz0.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.**/img231/5771/bugatti218001vq6.jpg

Oh my.....the first picture I thought made the car look hideously ugly.....then I saw the sideprofile, which resulted in me cleaning my keyboard from vomit.

But hey, third time's the charm right ? Wroooong ! The rearlights clearly came from a previous gen Audi TT while the bootlid has the shapes and forms of the original Beetle's hood. I mean I know Bugatti is owned by VAG and they go through everyones parts bins, but this was just comedic. And I wouldn't mind at all if it would look even half decent....but how do you honestly get the proportions THAT hugely wrong ? Epic fail isn't the phrase to use here.....kill it with fire is good, but still an understatement. Anyone got ideas ?

And I seriously do not care one bit what that thing has hidden under the bonnet and body. Not with those looks.

Don't forget Bugatti tried to make a 4 door saloon a while ago.

Called it the Bugatti 218. I can't decide if its a good or bad thing that it never made production.

Mafia wagon! it looks a lot like the Cognoscenti from grand theft auto. I like it!

God damnit is everyone making one of these things. I like the idea, but Koenigseggs are meant to be unpractical not like this.

I think this coulb be quite interesting but I haven't found any renderings yet, so no idea what it will look like.

I found this on Jalopnik.... its not a rendering, but hey.... a possibility maybe?
http://img385.imageshack.**/img385/2563/koenigsegg4doorlw5.jpg

Because usually 4-doors are uglier, more generic, and boring (more so.) They bring down the integrity of the entire manufacturer. Personally I'm fine with 4-5 seater coupes, but 4 doors are just kinda lame so far as out and out sports-cars, especially when their coming from a company like Keoniggseggy. For one thing you can almost never have a proper fastback shape once you put another set of door in the equation.

Mafia wagon! it looks a lot like the Cognoscenti from grand theft auto. I like it!

*cough*the cognoscenti's a maybach 62 with a bentley front-end*cough*

These new 4 door prestige cars are all HUGELY long monsters, so I wonder what Koeniggseggseggiggseggabbavikingsegg is going to do with theirs... :think:

It will be good as long as they don't make it look like an elongated ccr. For it to work it has to actually look like a 4 door saloon car. A completely new design. There are only 2 cars so far that I think have managed to pull off the 4 door coupe look, they are the Jaguar XF and the Mercedes CLS. The Aston and the Porsche are just :yucky:, and I get the feeling this is because they stretched a 2 door until it was long enough to add a couple more, whereas the Jag and Merc designs started from scratch. I think :blink: