94' Z28 DD/Project

lookin' good! Those brakes will really help performance. Keep us updated!

Its been awhile since my last update. but there have been some things going on. Thats not saying non of it was on my cars :D I picked up a set of Mac Mid's for her and finally got around to installing them, put a set of BMR C5 brake brackets on the front, custom made Taylor wires, sandblasted intake, cleaned up TB, and got a Hurst Billet shifter. here are some pics of it all

I got them chrome because i plan on getting them jet hot coated in the winter
Img_7736.jpg

Img_8110.jpg

Img_8111.jpg

Stock and Macs
Img_8081.jpg

Img_8105.jpg
\

New cat
Img_7793.jpg

Img_7794.jpg

:lol::lol:

after the install

they fit into place Perfectly! and had already come with copper gaskets which was nice. the one thing id change about them (and am going to have to) is where the Y pipe bolts up to the Cat via there new tube. its angled down alot and you really have to muscle it together. i went with the Mac's for ground clearance over a set of long tubes. but due to that i actually lost about an inch of ground clearance. when i do the rest of my exhaust (soon i hope) ill cut a V into it and weld it together

After hating the fact that my intkae manifold leaked and put oil not only over the parking space in my lot getting me in trouble. but it also leaked oil on my clutch which Stunk and caused it to slip atad. so. off came all that stuff.

Img_8495.jpg

Img_8550-1.jpg

fresh outta the sand blaster!
Img_8554-1.jpg

Made some block off plates real quick
IMG_8560-1.jpg

Img_8562-1.jpg

the TB i did by hand as to not damage anything
Img_8502.jpg

Img_8501.jpg

after afew hours
Img_8524.jpg

Img_8525.jpg

IMG_8580.jpg

Brand new Hurst short throw shifter
Img_8095.jpg

Img_8127.jpg

there isnt anything cooler then shifting that thing. its so precise and smooth. well worth the $200

the only shot of my taylor wires over the valve covers. ill take another one eventually
Img_8591-1.jpg

all that happened over the past few weeks. but early last week my engine developed a tapping sound. thinking it was a loose rocker i pulled the covers. took everything off, cleaned it, and put it back

naked
Img_8814.jpg

cleaned up pushrods
Img_8819.jpg

me adjusting valve lash
Img_8823.jpg

long story short it was a sticking lifter. so drain a quart. and put in a quart of marvel mystery oil and it seems to of gone away. i wasnt looking forward to having to pull everything off my car for a second time in 2 weeks to put in new lifters :\ ive been beating myself up for not doing it when i had the chance but when i did my intkae i didnt have time to pull the covers and all that. im going to take it easy and hope the sound doesnt come back so i could finish my exhaust (single 3" through a Maganflow muffler and single tail pipe tucked under) and BMR's anti sway bars for the front and rear. this way when i do a cam in the winter i could change all of that then and there. thanks for reading!

Damn, that's a lot of work there! Looks pretty sweet. :thumbup:

ZOMG PUSHRODZ LAWL!!!11

:lol::lol:

there aint nothing wrong with pushrods. idk why everyones always putting them down. ill pitch my NA pushroded engine against whatever anyones got ;) and thanks!

Looking good, lots of updates! I'm even more jelous now!

Well, I put new spark plugs and some classic slotted mags on it now (biggs and littles FTW!) but I'm having to sell it because I can't afford to drive it to and uni. It's too far a commute. It makes me really sad, but I'm buying a little BMW 318i just for a year or so, then I'll hopfully either buy it back, or buy another one. (that or a 4x4)

:cry:

01150001160301030320080727a97fbabeda5c43d0ae00ebf1.jpg

looks really nice with the new rims, has almost a gasser stance, looks so cool.

Well, I put new spark plugs and some classic slotted mags on it now (biggs and littles FTW!) but I'm having to sell it because I can't afford to drive it to and uni. It's too far a commute. It makes me really sad, but I'm buying a little BMW 318i just for a year or so, then I'll hopfully either buy it back, or buy another one. (that or a 4x4)

:cry:

01150001160301030320080727a97fbabeda5c43d0ae00ebf1.jpg

looks really nice with the new rims, has almost a gasser stance, looks so cool.

awww mann say it aint so! i drive either my camaro or my impala daily and let me tell you something. V8's thats all. but $100 a week sometimes if i cruise alot can be a PITA. gl with all that man :\

Nice work so far, reminds me of my old car... only without everything breaking and failing on it.

hah thanks man. yeah that had to of sucked for you when that crap happened :\ ive had some shit happen to me like that before. horror stories

Welcome to the f body club, taking the whole motor apart twice in two weeks is all part of the ownership experiance.

Wish i wasnt too lazy to update my topic :D

Welcome to the f body club, taking the whole motor apart twice in two weeks is all part of the ownership experiance.

Wish i wasnt too lazy to update my topic :D

hah. ive been there with my impala. but the difference was my impala. i could stand in my engine bay. my back still hurts from bending over to try to get the bolts in the back of my intake.

just alittle update. was tired of the loose feeling front end so i went out and bought myself a set of BMR fabrication antisway bars. the stock ones are hollow and they have 150k miles on them so i figured it would be worth the $400. and it really was!

front
Img_8896a.jpg

Img_8898a.jpg

rear
Img_8899a.jpg

Img_8900a.jpg

i couldnt believe how much they helped. im impressed. and i ordered everything for my new exhaust on friday so thatll all be coming to the end soon enough

Swaybars are one of the best modifications for a squishy old american car. I had some nice fat ones on my El Camino and it helped the feeling of the car SO drastically.

I plan on putting swaybars and subframe connectors on my car when i'm done chasing gremlins. And a nice set of KONI yellows :D

Swaybars are one of the best modifications for a squishy old american car. I had some nice fat ones on my El Camino and it helped the feeling of the car SO drastically.

agreed. my impala is going to be getting a set soon after im done saving up some dough.

I plan on putting swaybars and subframe connectors on my car when i'm done chasing gremlins. And a nice set of KONI yellows :D

definitaly get them. the BMR ones are silid and $400 for everything which is a great deal. the Hotchkis ones from summit are $100 more and hollow. idk what the advantage would be but idc. everything from BMR is quality. and ill probably be going with the KYB single adjustable. $90 cant beat that.

the time has come. after installing my mac mid headers the rest of the exhaust had to go. it was just ruining everything. so after i got everything that id need to make my new cat back. i went ahead and made it.

first had to modify my mac Y pipe which points the cat down to car

IMG_8903.jpg

IMG_8904.jpg

fixed

IMG_8905.jpg

out with the old. stock with a flowmaster muffler i believe

IMG_8917.jpg

and soon to be my new cat back

IMG_8918.jpg

new intermediate pipe

IMG_8919.jpg

pipe over the rear end

IMG_8923.jpg

old and new

IMG_8925.jpg

i wrapped the pipe over the axle so it doesnt rattle and because its next to the gas tank

IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8927.jpg

finished off with an 18" magnaflow straight through muffler

IMG_8929.jpg

quick vid

Last edited:
and here jipjop i didnt forget about ya!

IMG_0987.jpg

at one of the local weekly car shows

Nice exaust... I wish my comp didn't have such crappy speakers.

Also, that el camino is beautiful! makes me weep inside a bit.

Nice exaust... I wish my comp didn't have such crappy speakers.

Also, that el camino is beautiful! makes me weep inside a bit.

yeah man the exhaust sounds real good. ill get a better video with my other camera one day. and the camino was brand new. for sale too.. .$5k but it was New. saw it and thought of you ;) nohomo