FWD Falcon? Fuck.

Its only been public knowledge for the last 12 months or so. Yes Focus will be produced here, supplying our market and south east asia I do believe

Its only been public knowledge for the last 12 months or so. Yes Focus will be produced here, supplying our market and south east asia I do believe

Hopefully it will also mean more work for the supplier companies who are currently laying off workers left right and centre.

Well let's hope it keeps Aussies in their jobs. Look, I know I'm outspoken about Fords' quality, and locally built cars for that matter, but at the end of the day I'm an Aussie through and through and would love it to see it survive and continue to provide jobs for Australian families. I just hope 2011 isn't too late.

Wow, you didn't know that? And you're commenting about Ford's future in Oz and our car industry?

Credibility lacking.

I was commenting on a recent article, much more recent than the Focus article. At the end of the day, the Falcon won't be around in Australia for a long time, it's not financially viable to keep producing cars in Australia when the labour rate in countries like Thailand and Korea are much, much cheaper than in Australia.

I was commenting on a recent article, much more recent than the Focus article. At the end of the day, the Falcon won't be around in Australia for a long time, it's not financially viable to keep producing cars in Australia when the labour rate in countries like Thailand and Korea are much, much cheaper than in Australia.

Thailand maybe substantially cheaper but I doubt Korea is these days

Thailand maybe substantially cheaper but I doubt Korea is these days

I believe Korea is now getting close to Japan's labour rates...

Thailand is certainly alot cheaper and we also have an FTA with them. No tariffs!

I believe Korea is now getting close to Japan's labour rates...

Thailand is certainly alot cheaper and we also have an FTA with them. No tariffs!

Ahh - so that's why Toyota have all their Hilux's made there and Mitsubishi get some of the new Lancers made in Thailand also.

Ahh - so that's why Toyota have all their Hilux's made there and Mitsubishi get some of the new Lancers made in Thailand also.

Don't forget the Rodeo/Colorado!