2008 Formula 1 Season Thread

Well it depends you know... from the pictures he seemed to be runnning that wing setting for nearly the whole day...maybe he feels if he has a little more downforce and more stability on the kerbs he can claw back the time lost on the straights...

In that case, they'll be passing him left, right and center into the chicanes.:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Yeah, he wouldn't want that. To be honest though, I think it's more to do with how the rest of the car is set up. He probably used less downforce on some of the other 1000 things and winglets on the car, and preffered more wing to compensate. I can't imagine it's for Spa, because as you said, it would be redundant to test that at Monza.

Considering he does have more wing than others relatively speaking he will still be able to brake later and take the chicanes and corners at higher speeds than the rest of them, it will be quite difficult to overtake him wouldn't it? I mean it does look like there is a tonne more downforce on the car but I wonder how much of a difference it actually makes? Some speed trap times from the test would definitely be interesting.

Coupled with that the fact that it's said that the Benz engine supposedly has a horsepower edge on the others, who knows? It does look to be a straight fight between Masser, Hamilton, and maybe a BMW for this one...

Yeah, I think Kubica could pull something out of the bag, the BMW engine is also very powerful. The Ferrari looks better than last year, but they still can't ride kerbs like the McLaren...

Oh crap, Hamilton compares himself to Schumacher??????

If I were him, I'd just keep my mouth shut in such matters. His ego seems to have dramatically inflated since last year.

^^What exactly are you replying to, cause I can't find it on this page...:p

Well in that case he's right. Even if you would team him up with Schumi he would not be the No 2 driver. Sure, Schumi would be faster at times, but if Hamilton was leading, he wouldn't let him through. That's what he's talking about, he's not saying he's as good a driver as Schumacher.

I'm getting the error message...use GPUpdate.net in the meantime, the same news goes up on both...

Ecclestone supports Mosley

01 September 2008

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has changed his mind. He doesn't see any reason why Max Mosley should step down as the FIA president. A few months ago Ecclestone wanted to see Mosley resign but now it looks like the damage to F1 seems limited he wishes Mosley to continue his job at the FIA.

Ecclestone expected Formula One would be damaged if Max Mosley would continue to stay as FIA president. "I thought, and I was told, that it would," he told BBC Radio."But I think like all these things, people have now really come to the conclusion that whatever happened with Max was Max and nothing to do with anybody else and I don't think they really care any more.

"For a short period I said he should resign because I had so much pressure from people to say he should resign. In a lot of ways, at the time, I wished he had done but now I don't see why he should. Max (Mosley) works and does the best he can for the sport, for sure 100 percent. All these people say they don't want to meet Max and don't want to do this or that...that's all going to disappear.

"I will welcome him back (at the next meeting) as he should come back and he should carry on like he's normally carried on."
Source

What's the real reason Bernie?

Exactly. If he needs to fuel the fire, he will. If he needs to make peace, he will. Bernie will never remember what he said yesterday if there's to be a buck made out of not saying it, today.