Would you buy a Nissan R35 GT-R

Would you buy a Nissan R35 GT-R

• Total voters
How about no, and I'll probably use the 72k to pay the mortage...... (I took the sensible option!)

But if it wasn't my money I still wouldn't spend it on a GTR, I'd probably just buy a 335i and spend whatever I have left over (If I do have any) modifying it to be a M3 killer.

Getting close to the 2k post mark....

If you are saying that then really there is no point of driving any sports car on the street.

Pretty much. The only way to drive a fast car on the streets is to have a car that can do something more than speed. To me the R35 is not it, an RS4 or an M3 or any of the muscle cars is. If I would want something that is driven mostly on the track and have as much performance as possible I would absolutely go for a GT-R otherwise I can find a million and one other cars I'd rather have.

EDIT: Forgot about the NSX till LeVeL mentioned it. In that case no contest much better looking car and quite rare, with that much money to put in it it would destroy a GT-R.

If i had the money i would have preordered it... As for the automatic, guys, i drive an manual all my life (its not that long given i'm 24 but what can i say?) and i love it but lets face it, those new twin-clutch transmissions are way faster than any manual will ever be.
To be honest aside from a time attack on the track you are unlikely to feel that difference in speed. When you drive the car on the day to day basis that extra second in shifting is really not going to help you in bumper to bumper traffic :)

As I (and others) have mentioned earlier that is the problem of the GT-R it seems to only work well on the track.

Last edited:
that amount of money will buy you the soon-to-come RS5... similar shaped/sized car, almost as good performance, and looks 23444444444444444444444 times better.

No. I think it's a great car, but cars like this worry me. It tries to cover all the bases at once and appears to be doing a good job of it. But I can't help but feel the car is compromised by trying to be practical, comfortable, affordable, and super-fast all at the same time. I don't like that kind of engineering. The more parts it has, the more likely it is to break down. I like cars like the Z06, M3, or 911 S. Cars that are straight forward, RWD, manual transmissions, etc. It's not that I don't like advancing technology, but when that technology is only being used to make up for a cars shortcomings... no. Give me the car that has those shortcomings designed out before the car ever started being built.

I'd put most of the money into the stock market and buy some small car

If i was given multiple $72Ks, I'd eventually buy one, but first I'd get a nice little collection going.

(The first $72k would go on a 2002 BMW M5, a 1995 Audi S6, a 1981 DeLorean DMC12, a 1980 Porsche 911 and if money allowed it... a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am.... And then before the GT-R, I'd also want a 1989 BMW M6)

Although I think the car is wonderful and an amazing feat in engineering et al, I'd still have to say no... For the rumoured AUD150k price tag, I'd be looking at some other cars that would perhaps be a bit more practical.

Personnally, it's a bit too hardcore for me. Id rather get something like an M3 ib saloon form: better sound, more user friendly, more low-key.

I am a BMW fan boy though.... :(

How about no, and I'll probably use the 72k to pay the mortage...... (I took the sensible option!)

But if it wasn't my money I still wouldn't spend it on a GTR, I'd probably just buy a 335i and spend whatever I have left over (If I do have any) modifying it to be a M3 killer.

Getting close to the 2k post mark....

+1

(I am a little biased with my dad owning a 335i sedan)

I like it, I think its an interesting car. but there are a bunch of other cars I would spend the money on. Lets say I had $72,000 in my pocket and was walking past the Nissan dealer and there was a Super Silver GTR sitting there un-sold I would probably buy it. If it was Red I'd keep walking

Nope, very easy answer.

It is: Shit yes!

I'd buy one, than gut out half the interior.

If I had 72k? It sure wouldn't go towards a GTR. Damn, I'd probably do something uncharacteristically sensible like repay school loans. After that, who knows. I think I'd wind up with an eclectic mix of decent looking old cars and motorcycles, and some unstoppable old Jeep or GM truck.

No. Great car, but not my cup of tea.

I'd put that 72k into mutual funds for a few years and buy a 911 C2S.