Nokia 6300, any thoughts/experiences?

Werner

Car(s)
'11 Toyota Aygo; '07 Honda CB600F Hornet
I'm about to get a nokia 6300, but after reading some reviews i see some mixed opinions about this phone. Can someone tell me what they think of the phone, and, to use the FM radio; do you need the standard 2,5MM headset, or can you use any headphones attached by a 2,5" to 3,5" adapter?

Here are the specs of the phone: http://europe.nokia.com/A4254242

It's not bad, actually. I haven't tried using anything other than the standard headset for the radio - and I haven't worked out how to get music onto the thing either. The camera is decent. The only thing is that the buttons are rather small making the unlock a little tricky, but you get used to that.

I didn't actually want one, but once you've got a contract (which I didn't want either) it was hard to get rid of the little bugger! As it happens i do like the phone - I just don't like how it was sold to me!

It's not bad, actually. I haven't tried using anything other than the standard headset for the radio - and I haven't worked out how to get music onto the thing either. The camera is decent. The only thing is that the buttons are rather small making the unlock a little tricky, but you get used to that.

I didn't actually want one, but once you've got a contract (which I didn't want either) it was hard to get rid of the little bugger! As it happens i do like the phone - I just don't like how it was sold to me!

that sounds strange :blink:, but i know there is a mini-USB port on the phone which you can use to put music on it :)

There is a mini USB Port on it - but they don't supply the cable with the phone!
also all the drivers are for windows. Which is great - but I use a Mac!

There is a mini USB Port on it - but they don't supply the cable with the phone!
also all the drivers are for windows. Which is great - but I use a Mac!

that won't be a problem for me, i've got windows and i already got a cable which came with my current motorola L7 phone :D

I tried that phone a couple months back and it was one of the dullest phones I have ever used. I mean its got decent features but the way it looks, is just :sick:

On the plus side though, if you don't want something which stands out and gets nicked, you're probably onto a winner.

the 6300 Nokia is one of the most reliable Nokia's we have sold in recent time, its pretty basic but still has everything you would need pretty good camera, expandable memory, mp3 and FM radio and nice small profile, i've had one for a little while and I highly recommend it

you can either use the Nokia headset or you can get the adapter and use aftermarket headphones.

I had one for a while, pretty decent, does the basics and does them well. Not flashy, but that's not what everyone wants. Doesn't like being thrown around a boat in a pool of salt water for a few minutes though.

I liked mine. It was very good and seemed reliable until I dropped it down the toilet. I miss so many of the functions now I have a Samsung Solid which, functionality wise, is shocking.

the 6300 Nokia is one of the most reliable Nokia's we have sold in recent time, its pretty basic but still has everything you would need pretty good camera, expandable memory, mp3 and FM radio and nice small profile, i've had one for a little while and I highly recommend it

you can either use the Nokia headset or you can get the adapter and use aftermarket headphones.

thanks for the info all, but one question: can i use the radio with a 2,5-3,5" adapter with aftermarket headphones?

if u can find one shouldn't be an issue that I could see, as the adapter just allows for the phone to pick up after market headphones but the phone does use the headphones to pick up the signal of the radio. ill double check it at work tomorrow, but I don't see an issue.

I had said phone for about two weeks (finally gave it away and bought a 6500 for no good reason)

as a phone it's pretty forgettable, really good sound quality and great battery life. as a multimedia device its fairly useless. syncing is very hard, you don't get a usb cable and it doesnt support a lot of media formats. The quality, if you use it as an mp3 player, is very good though (remember that you have to get an adapter for the 2.5mm jack as well as good headphones to have any sort of fun with it)

the most important thing for me when i bought it was that it's small, fairly light and looks good, i just want a phone, but i dont mind some features on the side.

the camera is unbelievably bad, as is fashionable.

if you don't need a good camera, umts and syncing, the 6300 is a very very good phone for an extremely good price. i'd say buy it, you'll be happy.

if you expect a multimedia machine, get something else.

i havent read the thread, but i hope this helps you

-stefano

Here's some photos from the phone's camera as examples.

Image000-1.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

Image004-1.jpg

Image001-1.jpg

All I can say is: Stay away from the Symbian S40 Nokias. You will die of envy when you see all the nice applications other people are using with their S60's :D

totally forgot, i uploaded an image to my website recently that was taken with the 6500, which has exactly the same camera, just to give you an idea what the images look like shot indoors (i.e. under worse conditions)

there you go

Thanks for all the info guys, i went out and got the phone few hours ago. and i really like the feel of the thing so far :cool:

if u can find one shouldn't be an issue that I could see, as the adapter just allows for the phone to pick up after market headphones but the phone does use the headphones to pick up the signal of the radio. ill double check it at work tomorrow, but I don't see an issue.

if you cou'd check if the radio still works with the adapter and 3rd party headphones i'd be very happy ^_^

just confirmed you shouldn't have an issues with the adapter to run 3rd party headphones and the radio function, hope your enjoying the phone.

just confirmed you shouldn't have an issues with the adapter to run 3rd party headphones and the radio function, hope your enjoying the phone.

thank you very much for the info and your help, i really like the phone this far, i'm gonna look for te adapter next week :)

i'd +rep you again if i could, but i can't <_<