10 sportscars for under 10k? : which would you pick?

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
I was reading on a .be carsite and they had a nice article about how you can get most cars really really cheap nowadays. (Caution, funny language ahead if you click the link!)
I have no intention of buying any of these cars, but I was surprised at the one I ended up picking as "best of the bunch".

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this :
The contenders :
1) 1999 Alfa Romeo GTV6
alfa-romeo-gtv-3.jpg

2) 1998 Audi TT
audi-tt-2.jpg

3) 1989 BMW 8 series (high mileage)
bmw-840ci-2.jpg

4) 2001 Mazda MX5
mazda-mx5-3.jpg

5) late 1990s Merc SLK
mercedes-slk-2.jpg

6) 2002 MG F 1.6
mg-tf-1.jpg

7) 1989 Nissan 300ZX
nissan-300zx-2.jpg

8) 2003 Smart Roadster
smart-roadster-3.jpg

9) 1991 Subaru SVX (yeah I never heard of it either)
subaru-svx-2.jpg

10) 2000 Toyota MR2
toyota-mr2-1.jpg

Your thoughts please. If anyone could turn this thread into a poll, i'll give you an e-cookie

300ZX or the Alfa for me, though I hate to admit it but the Smart Roadster has some appeal of its own.

What's a "?" ? :eek:

Before anyone answers: I was kidding, tard.

Lets see... ?10k = ?8,141.34

so here's 2 you could have instead!...

1. NEW Caterham 7 [starter kit] - DIY build for ?8000*
Caterham_7_Roadsport.jpg

2. NEW Marlin 5exi - DIY Build for ?8000*
DSC00057.jpg

*according to total kitcar magazine

I guess the 300ZX or the SVX would be closest to my heart, but with the MX-5 or MR2 I would be able to get away with the least amount of repairs. Let's say I'd have the 300ZX, in red, with recently overhauled turbos. :cool:

Lets see... ?10k = ?8,141.34

so here's 2 you could have instead!...

1. NEW Caterham 7 [starter kit] - DIY build for ?8000*
Caterham_7_Roadsport.jpg
Not in America, I'm afraid. :cry: And I've never even heard of the latter.

Though for the converted $14k (none of your crappy Monopoly money there :p) you could get one of these:

1.jpg

Factory Five Coupe.

There's also no way in hell you'll be able to find an 8-Series that hasn't been driven to death with its engine in the attic of a barn and cocaine sprinklings all over the dashboard.

I thought I'd see something I would actually buy, but I don't really. Maybe the Alfa because I like Alfas but nothing else really caught my eye.

First I thought 10k would be enough to get all of them. That'd be a bargain!
I'd choose the GTV6 and spend the change mending it. I can't find a V6 GTV in this country for under 10k though. Or TT. Or SLK...

MR2 or SLK for me. Unless you wanted to do some modding, then I'd consider a Smart. I've seen big bike engines in For2s, and I suspect a decent engine in a Roadster would be well cool.

I would say the miata or MR2 if space isnt as issue. The 300zx could also work if you can pay for the maintenance.

This depends. Now if you look at just the cars alone, it is the BMW 850 for me, hands down, no contest. However taken into consideration that it might/will have a huge mileage........I'm not so sure. If it would have flawless history, well taken care of, not been thrashed.....then yes, I would go for the 850.

Then again if it would be an old heap that's been basically ruined ===> MX-5

God allmighty the 8-series is a sexy thing :love::love:

I'd get the 850 but never drive it, I wouldn't be able to afford. But I don't care, it's like a work of art. (I saw a reeeeeeal nice mint 635 (the old one) today....)

300ZX TT or the MR2 for me. The Bimmer is dead sexy but finding one with a stick is next to impossible and its going to be in horrible condition. The rest are just too slow (I'm looking at you MX5)/boring for my taste. SVX is hot as well but I heard very bad things about them plus I already have an AWD :)

Out of those, i'd get the MR2, always wanted a cheap mid engined topless sports car, and it fits the bill, Miata would come in a close 2nd.

Difficult choice, many things to consider ... many interesting cars.

Let?s put it this way ... if I were to buy it to really use it (everyday) or would want to use it as a "sportscar" (go fast with it, push it, abuse it), the LAST car I?d pick would be the BMW 8series ... BUT ... it?s also the Car that would generally interest me the most and I?d have a bloddy hard time walking past it. It?s on the best way of becoming a real classic and it?s mega-cool. But like I said ... if you choose with your head, it?s probably the worst choice out of the bunch.