No imagination? Check. Clueless? Check. Ready to die? Check. - your car has arrived!

ahpadt

Forum Addict
10988101659.jpg

10988102815.jpg

10988104416.jpg

Toyota has revealed the face and cabin of its new Avensis, due to make its public debut at the Paris motor show next month.

The firm released a sneak preview of the Mondeo rival's rear end a few days ago, but these are the first images to show its new front end and interior.

As expected, the Avensis's nose is slightly less Lexus-like than its tail, which features IS-esque squared-off rear lights and a clearly defined boot shape. Toyota has also issued a profile picture of the estate model, which appears to feature a steeply raked hatch.

Due on sale in 2009, the Avensis will continue to be built at Toyota's plant at Burnaston in Derbyshire. The Japanese firm is said to have focused on improving interior quality, adopting Lexus techniques and materials in a bid to lift its saloon up to the standards of the latest Mondeo and Accord, and Vauxhall's forthcoming Insignia.

No prices have been confirmed for the new car, but we'd expect an entry price of around ?16,000.

Normally I wouldn't even bother making a post about these kinda cars, but I just wanted to show you...

"Orange clocks - welcome back to the 1980's!"

Fail. Just utter fail. The front is a fascinating combination of bland & horrific. The sharp shoulder-line on the rear quarters gives hope that someone knows what they're doing, but that's the only bright light.

I have orange dash lights, and I don't plan on keeping them. I want to make it all blue and awesome.

I think this is the first car that ever made me almost :barf: for real! That front end is just horrible and the back looks like it came from a older Mazda 6. Toyota keeps bragging about being the worlds biggest car company but they can't afford a proper design team.

Geez, and I thought the Camry was boring.

Actually, why have both the Camry and the Avensis? Aren't they similar size cars?

Toyota's designers need a bullet in the head.

:yawn: Damn, now I'm even more tired than I was before I opened this thread!

Boring, unimaginative, bland, shite.

Toyota - making the most boring cars since whenever the fuck we dropped the Supra and MR2 :(

A hellava lot better looking than the US Camry
camry-cars.jpg

But still ugly in that Toyota way.

Better than the cars we get from toyota in the US at least. Ever see how boring a corolla and camry look?

I was thinking about this the other day, what area is Toyota class leading in these days anyway. Most of the time competitors seem to have a superior model.

I don't think it's bad looking. It's not good looking necessarily but I see it has potential.

Though why would they put their Lexus style body work on some of their cheapest Toyota's? Seems to me it would make it harder to push a Lexus (though easier to push this thing).

Is it boring? Yes. Ugly? No, not by any means.

To you and I this car might seem pointless and ugly, but what if we were in the demographic this car is intended for? This would probably be the smoothest, quietest, most reliable car I'd owned.

If you want to see true ugly in this class, here's the Nissan Maxima:

800px-2009_Nissan_Maxima_NY.jpg