Halo Kid accidentally kills himself trying to re-enact Halo

It's a shame. Guns aren't toys. Why this kid would be "practicing" with a real gun for his YouTube vids where he uses fake cardboard guns... I don't understand. But some kids are like that. I don't know if this kid had any proper gun safety at all. You know how limited parents are on disciplining their kids in todays world.

I can't help but think about my stupid cousins growing up. We would get into so much trouble all the time, because of them. We'd get into stuff, make a mess, break things, do stupid shit, etc. I can't even begin to tell you how many times we got in trouble for going to our school on the weekends and getting on the roof. They are by far the most irresponsible people I've ever known. But one thing they never dared do was get into their father's guns. They would hunt each year and both my cousins had their own rifles. Mostly shotguns and .22's. And they were never locked up. They were under their parents bed and in the closet. Never once did they take those things out. Not even to show them to us others. Never.

You take a gun out hunting and see what it can do to an animal, it's not hard to imagine what it'll do to your face if you're screwing around and point it at yourself and pull the trigger.

I can't help but laughing. Does that make me a bad person? :(

I feel sorry for the kid too, it really is sad but it's also humorus. :(

A darwin award to him then...

A darwin award to him then...

Geez, I was going to say that, but thought it was in bad taste.. I mean, he did make some nice cardboard models.

Although, that said, how does an 11 year old skip school? My parents took me into school, then I couldn't leave. Perhaps different situations over there..

Poor kid and family.

Any weapons should be kept lock up securely, and for added security the weapons should be unloaded and the ammo should be locked up somewhere else.

One thought - did this happen during the summer holidays, perhaps?

Any weapons should be kept lock up securely, and for added security the weapons should be unloaded and the ammo should be locked up somewhere else.

Not to turn this into another idiotic gun debate, but a gun without bullets is just a paper weight.

Although, that said, how does an 11 year old skip school? My parents took me into school, then I couldn't leave. Perhaps different situations over there..

In a ways, that would be correct. My siblings and I usually rode the bus to school as both our parents were working before we'd wake up. It would have been easy for one or all four of us to feign illness and skip school, but we knew better...most of the time.

Back to the original subject, despite being a rural Wisconsinite I know where Johnson Creek is (my aunt lives near Milwaukee). Wisconsin is a state that enjoys its guns and its hunting, especially in the northern part where I live.

My dad, my two brothers and my 13-year old nephew all hunt, everything from deer to small game to even bears, so I've seen my fair share of guns. All four took hunter's safety classes and know how to properly handle firearms. And that includes storing both the guns and ammo where people like my eight-year old nephew and my seventeen-month old niece won't get curious and explore.

I don't remember seeing any shotguns or rifles that much as a child except for deer season, which means my dad did a helluva job hiding them. And when my family would visit my grandmother who lived out in the countryside, we knew better than to touch the BB gun she used to keep the squirrels from eating out of her bird feeders...or her firecrackers. It boiled down to the adults storing stuff properly or in the case of Grandma and her BB gun and firecrackers, telling us to keep our mitts off.

Reading this story, yes it is tragic, but it could've been avoided if the kid and his parents practiced responsibility and common sense. The parents should have hidden the gun, and the kid should have learned about the dangers of firearms. And not skip school.

I'm sorry, but even when I was 13 and I picked up my dad's gun, I knew exactly how to put the clip in, how to load it, work the safety and fire one round through the window. Which I did simply for being bored, but since I knew the world is full of dumbasses who shot themselves that barrel was never pointed at anywhere but the window (which leads to another wall).

Any kid who shoots him self like that is....just an idiot. I'm not saying his parents are too bright, leaving their son a .22 rifle to play with, but if you shoot yourself you're an idiot, and you probably knew you were an idiot and never should have gone near a gun in the first place.

BTW
I had to pick through 2 locks before I got to my dad's gun :p

Sad. No need to even say who is at fault, i'm sure the parents are having a difficult time dealing with this already.

I can find humour in the macabre, but I didn't?even crack a smile reading this. If he shot himself in the foot, sure....but the kid is dead.

I'm not so much against guns, I just think if parents are going to keep guns, then dont just hide them away from your kid, educate them to the dangers of them so that they know not to play with them...or if they did feel the compulsion, then at least they'd have the sense not to point it at themselves and then pull the trigger...

Not to turn this into another idiotic gun debate, but a gun without bullets is just a paper weight.
Exactly. Have to put the two together before the weapon is anything other than a club.

/EDIT V Loaded and one in the chamber - no, fail!

Last edited:
The kid removed the mag, but didn't know there was still a bullet in there. Hell, I would've done that too, having never held a gun in my life, but I wouldn't have looked down the barrel... o_O

The kid removed the mag, but didn't know there was still a bullet in there. Hell, I would've done that too, having never held a gun in my life, but I wouldn't have looked down the barrel... o_O

AFAIK In fact, that's part of the safety procedures, at least of the ones I where taught

Edit: not in a "looking down the barrel" way thogh ;)

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing any shotguns or rifles that much as a child except for deer season, which means my dad did a helluva job hiding them.
Same here. My dad and my uncle kept their guns hidden or locked in a closet. They were never kept loaded, hell I still don't know were my dad hid his ammo. Leaving loaded guns out when you've got kids is just a recipe for disaster. It's a shame that this kids parents are learning that lesson this way.

It's funny that your grandma has a bb gun, my grandma has one that she uses to snipe squirrels off her bird feeders. We got her a "squirrel proof" bird feeder and she said that wasn't any fun :lol:.