Dammit!! lost flickr stuff

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
well, i cant access my pro account on flickr.

you may know, about 3 months ago my machine had to go get mended. in a fit of paranoia/security i deleted all my passwords from fire fox (after i print screened them all of course)

however, it seems the only one that never saved itself in FF's manager was flickr...i dunno why, i was always able to automatically log straight in when i visited. but now, since i havent been in a while it asks me to sign in and of course i dont have the ID or password.

using the forgot id wizard on the site brings up nothing. i cant remember the exact details i gave them but im pretty sure i'll of used one of 3 emails and one of 2 post codes. but all 6 combinations draw blanks. what do i do? i paid money for that account.

flickr uploadr can actually log in and upload pictures, is there anyway i could like dig around and find my log in credentials from that?

Contact Flickr. They'll probably be more help than we can be.

Well not to put you off the idea, but when I last contacted flickr staff to ask a simple question (!) I couldnt squeeze a word out of them before they "verified my identity". Web-fucking-security, you see.
So I had to give them my zip code and address, birth date (which you cant see and cant change under settings, at all) and something else, like a phone number.
I gave them all three, but mistyped the number, they rejected the id. I went straight into settings, changed the number to something obviously simple and replied back with smth along the lines of "here, you see, i changed it for you. better now?"

So all in all, Yahoo is very paranoid and they really pissed me off last time, but good luck to you.

As for the uploader, I believe it uses some sort of a hash key to connect to the server, which had to be preauthorized by you earlier. Mentioning it might help with the staff, but the value alone wont give you the details.

You can play different cards, saying for instance that you have originals of your photos that can not be downloaded from anywhere (and provide some crops if needed), or you could try some sort of credit card ID match scheme, or maybe ask some valid users off flickr to confirm your identity, i dunno.

Well good luck anyway :wave:

well i laredy contacted them, explaining clearly that i cant log in and why and what info i do have

all i got back was a singularly unhelpful email effectively telling me to use the forgot id wizard! and then i tried to use their support forums...which then ask you to log in to post....EH!!! I CANT FRIGGIN LOG IN THATS WHY IM HERE!!! STUPID MUTHERFUCKERS

Do you by chance have your email address on your profile?

Maybe try uploading a photo with some unusual tag, like "blahblahblahflickratemyaccount" or something and then doing a tag search from the front to see if you can at least get your account back?

Apologies is this sounds silly, really just trying to help.

well i laredy contacted them, explaining clearly that i cant log in and why and what info i do have

all i got back was a singularly unhelpful email effectively telling me to use the forgot id wizard! and then i tried to use their support forums...which then ask you to log in to post....EH!!! I CANT FRIGGIN LOG IN THATS WHY IM HERE!!! STUPID MUTHERFUCKERS

:lol: sorry this cracks me up) told you, not the sharpest tools in the box
you can try to ask one of the fellow FG flickrites to post a help request in the main help forums on your behalf, explicitly stating that email centre staff are :hammer:
Sorry I cant help directly, deleted my flickr account a couple of months ago.

Come on people help the chap out (or in, for that matter), someone!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/masona

thanks to http://forums.finalgear.com/photography/the-flickr-thread-27659/#post705524

now go through the forgot-password wizard

just noticed that you uploaded a photo today? so you found your pw?

thats what i was saying, i use the Flickr Uploadr program and that can still access the account to upload photos. except when i click go to my account it now asks for login credentials which i cant remember

just to be clear....what is the user name, coz im sure i used otispunkmeyer or a variation on that as the sign in. i think Alex_Mason is just a display name.

ill try masona.... maybe that will work. is that my username? im not sure it is, im sure i picked a different URL to what my acutal log in was when signing up,

EDIT 1:right i think i have it..... however since i have tried that many times to get in, the accounts now locked and i must wait untill tomoro!

EDIT 2: maybe i dont.... i tried masona so many times that its locked the account for 24 hours, hopefully its not someone elses account lol. im not sure, but maybe you have to put in the post code without spaces? not that it says that, but when i did that i got the locked message.

Last edited:
right guys, can one of you perhaps message/email me via flickr... if ive left that setting on (which i think i have) i should get an email notificaton and then ill at least know which email address i used

okay! thanks man, lets see if this works

nothing as yet, ill check later on since i have to the gym right now.

I thought you had to have a Yahoo account to sign up to Flickr, I know when I joined (not that I use it), I couldn't see any way of joining without creating myself a Yahoo account.

^ im guessing you are right...

its such a silly system, i had no desire to have a yahoo email account, i was fine email wise as i was. so yeah that email account went straight to the back of m mind the moment it was created.

is there anything on the flickr profile that would tell you your user name, i cant remember if i used otispunkmeyer or a variation on that or if used my real name...honestly my memory is my own worst enemy sometimes, thats why i have FF remember it all for me coz im useless and i hate using the same pass for everything coz once its been found out thats all your stuff compromised.

its strange, i can remeber how to do fourier transforms and 2nd order ODE's an stuff like that. but no remeber passwords and user names.

Your Uploadr account settings should show your username, that's how I recovered mine a while ago.

where do i look for those? i only have a preferences menu item and i cant seem to see where it might tell me what i need. ill have another look tho.

or is there a file or txt file anywhere with them in?

im on mac not windows, but i cant see why it'd be any different.

Good question, I'm not at my home PC right now, I just know that's how I figured out mine a few moths ago when I forgot it. I'll post later tonight when I get home if I can figure it out.

cheers mon!