Supercar clubs

radiohead

Since is getting harder every day to afford sports car i am getting very interesent in this clubs.

Is anybody here member in one of this car clubs (like P1, Segrave,...).

Does anybody has any more info, whats the catch?

It would help if we knew the region in which you reside.

I am talking in general, in my country (Slovenia) we dont have this clubs. But i see UK car magazines and they are full of them.

Numa Numa?

:)
edit: doh! thats Romanian. Apologies.

I'm not totally sure what the OP is speaking about, but I don't think we have those sort of clubs in the US either? Might be cool though.

I am talking in general, in my country (Slovenia) we dont have this clubs. But i see UK car magazines and they are full of them.

You still need to be quite rich to be a member in one of these clubs.

From what i remember, i think either Seagrave or P1 you need to put an initial membership deposit in the range of 35-40K pounds just to join, then the fees for rental are quite expensive. These clubs are not priced to make these supercars easily or affordably accesible for ordinary ppl with regular jobs. With good reason, i cannot imagine the maintenance and insurance costs involved with maintaining super expensive cars that are often tempermental to begin with. If i ran such a business, i would want to make membership pretty restrictive and exclusive as well. Otherwise youre investing a lot of $$ and just end up losing it indiscriminately renting these cars out to whomever walks off the street.

AFAIK, if you can't afford one of the cars in the first place, you probably can't afford to get in the club. Could be wrong though.

AFAIK, if you can't afford one of the cars in the first place, you probably can't afford to get in the club. Could be wrong though.

Nope, totally right.

these clubs are more for the market that wants A supercar, but not be restricted to just 1.

c wut i did thar?

You still need to be quite rich to be a member in one of these clubs.

From what i remember, i think either Seagrave or P1 you need to put an initial membership deposit in the range of 35-40K pounds just to join, then the fees for rental are quite expensive. These clubs are not priced to make these supercars easily or affordably accesible for ordinary ppl with regular jobs. With good reason, i cannot imagine the maintenance and insurance costs involved with maintaining super expensive cars that are often tempermental to begin with. If i ran such a business, i would want to make membership pretty restrictive and exclusive as well. Otherwise youre investing a lot of $$ and just end up losing it indiscriminately renting these cars out to whomever walks off the street.

Ya my old boss looked into them and they aren't really for the "low end BMW owner who wants a supercar every now and than" and by "low end" I mean able to afford a brand new 3 series, not able to afford an 80's pos with a blown motor. He looked at it and you had to buy a membership to a "class" and that pretty much gauged what you got.

You had to pay about 3-4k intro just to become a member than you had to buy a membership plan which was 25k to get into the "special" tier of cars like F430's (or you could pay 8k and get a m3 ...) and you only got about 10 days total with that 30k (there were tons of other fees like insurance).

And most won't let you go to the track since most insurance won't cover the track, if you take it there and wreck it you better be ready to pay to have that car replaced.

From what it seems this is more for a business who needs to impress clients every now and than and rich people who can justify having something like this for the "once in a blue moon" drive up PCH.

You right this top of the range clubs like P1 and Segrave are very expensive, but they owns cars like DBS, Zondas and SLR so they are expesive for a reason.

But in less exclusive clubs you get around 60 days (6000 miles) of driving cars for around 10.000 euros. And you can choose between cars like R8, F430, M3, RS4. I personally think this is quite a good deal, since depreciation of just one of those cars cost more then 10.000eur, without services, taxes, maintaines...

I am very curious about how this clubs then sell this cars, for exampe F430 with 50.000 miles on clock.

I guess the car will be absolutely rundown like any loaner car. When you don't have to care at all about how much you abuse the clutch and motor because it's the clubs problem anyway, you can expect them to thrash the hell out of it.

I'd rather just rent a Murcielago for a weekend for ~5k and really have fun.

there is a user on these forums who is or has been a member of such a club..forget his name though