Drag Racing the Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept

It's quite common to replace the fuel injection system with carburetors for drag racing.

I am probably wrong, but it sounds silly to do such a thing.

It's easier to re-tune a carburetor for maximum efficiency than it is to change injector settings before every race.

Last edited:
True

ZZ572_720R_mg2.jpg

VS

image.php

Hmmmm?

something else to confuse me in my situation, lol

in all honesty this drag package also has nothing much in common with what I saw.

I can also say this challenger (green mystery one) is really really fast.
It was going around the tight road course faster than any of the Exige's... somehow

when the event is over I should be able to find some great videos,

A couple of things:

1. The Challenger looks fucking wicked. Period. If you have a brain, you'll like this.

2. Every time I read an article about a guy who comes from proper tracks and has never drag-raced before, they always go on about how great it is and all that.

Yes, it is fun, how could it not be. But drag-racing is kinda like masturbating, whereas road-courses are like real sex. I've done quite a bit of drag-racing and it is good fun, just like masturbating. But when you get the chance to do both side by side and are equally good at both disciplines, road-courses are simply more fun and entertaining for a longer period of time, like real sex. But let's not get into details...

I know this sounds a bit weird. but it's just true, and that's that.

In any case, great looking car.

I'm usually not all that into American muscle but goddammit that car looks teh sex

A couple of things:

1. The Challenger looks fucking wicked. Period. If you have a brain, you'll like this.

Hmm no wonder PunisherBass doesn't like it :p

Yes, it is fun, how could it not be. But drag-racing is kinda like masturbating, whereas road-courses are like real sex. I've done quite a bit of drag-racing and it is good fun, just like masturbating. But when you get the chance to do both side by side and are equally good at both disciplines, road-courses are simply more fun and entertaining for a longer period of time, like real sex. But let's not get into details...

The big selling point on road-racing, specifically track events, is you get a lot more time on track. I went to one with a couple of friends and got to go for rides in a bunch of cars, out of 6 hours total track time ( 5x 20 min runs per person/class) I spent maybe 1 whole hour not on the track with someone.

Those driving were satisfied as well, $240 got them nearly 2 hours track time, where the local drag strips you might be lucky to get a total of 2 minutes, and the faster your car, the less time you get.

Those driving were satisfied as well, $240 got them nearly 2 hours track time, where the local drag strips you might be lucky to get a total of 2 minutes, and the faster your car, the less time you get.

Drag racing is quite a bit cheaper, our test and tune is only $15 for 4 hours of open track time. You can get between 6 and 40 runs.

Well, the last time I went, it was $60 for sat. & sun. and I got a total of 7 runs in. That's 7 x 13 sec.

Drag racing is quite a bit cheaper, our test and tune is only $15 for 4 hours of open track time. You can get between 6 and 40 runs.

Ya but your state has a population marginally bigger than that of the CITY of LA (nevermind the entire metro area). We have 4 drag strips in the area, 1 of rarely holds any events for the normal public (pomona), 1 that is out in the desert and too damn far for many of us (LACR/palmdale), and then there is California speedway, or the 1/8th mile track that is irwindale.

edit: Apparently LACR has been been shutdown so the quarry next to it can take the land. That leaves an area of 20million people with 2 tracks to go race on.

Anytime they have an open night, they have a max of 500 cars, it runs for a few hours, and there are hundreds of people not allowed to run. The best any of the tracks can guarantee is 3 runs for your money.

For a while Terminal Island in Long Beach (some of the scenes from Two-lane blacktop were filmed here) hosted legal street races at night to keep the gang violence down. It was closed in 95 but I think it might be re-opened or re-opening soon.

Any wonder why street racing become/still is so popular around here?

Last edited:
This is why I don't live in a large metro area. To many people, not enough stuff...

Sadly that is one of the disadvantages. Too many ass hats encroaching upon our tracks. Good news is Terminal Island is still being pushed for re-opening :thumbsup: